Second Skin Audio

Strange, blow through type box designs!

mikey634

Fixing to do a blow through on my Honda Ridgeline, but I wanted something a little unique, and I don't mind giving up my entire bed to this project :spiteful: So here's a couple idea's I've had to fit my unique truck bed (its about 30 inches height total in the front part, and about 42 inches in the back, so I've got ridiculous amounts of room, though ports are not to scale in the drawing - just positions/shapes :give_rose:)

I was just wondering a couple things:

a. Would a single port for a large (18 cu ft after displacement) box and 4 15'' subs be better or worse over two 9 cu ft boxes with their own ports?

b. I was going to fiberglass a 'saddle' shape between the subs, it'd be about 6 inches from top of the box to the subs, would this strange 'extra box space' have some effect on the sound, tuning, etc? The cool part about using a ridgeline is my cab is directly connected to my bed, so the actual cut into the cab is gonna be as big as the box instead of a smaller port.

c. For the 1-big-box idea, would a slanted port like pictured cause some funky air movement? Can't remember seeing a port at an angle to the subs off the top of my head...

Here's my two favorite ideas:

Persp2BigBox.jpg

PerspSmallBox.jpg

Any ideas or suggestions for improvement would be appreciated! (Also anything you can foresee might trip me up! :D) Oh and Google SketchUp is the shit! Only been using it for about an hour and figured it out (for the most part!)

Chris

that looks ridiculously complicated!

do it :spiteful:

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

i didnt even take the time to put all that shit together in my brain looks confusing as fuck!

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

Maybe I'm over simplifying it, but it just looks like 2 boxes, with ports, and a separate area attached for all the electrical shenanigans. I would personally go with the second design, I don't know how that one crooked port on the 1st would work out with sound waves and such.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

Archived