Torres Posted December 13, 2009 Report Posted December 13, 2009 For you to even say that a design by someone who does this for a living, and someone who knows how to use WinISD will be around the same, is really silly of you. Theres a reason for his wait, hes a one man show like stated before. For me, Ill gladly pay the 50 bucks and get it done right the 1st time, instead of building a box 3 different times trying to find the one I like the best. there's no guarantee that it'll get done right that first time. He has even said it himself, some designs take anywhere from 20min to 2 hours. Per person. Now take that per person, and mulitply it by how many people come to him a month, lets say, 25? So he has roughly 25 hours a month, for paying customers. Plus his free time(who knows how long this takes), all of the designs DD drops on him(he has even said before, that when DD calls, everything gets put on hold until the DD stuff is done, no I am not talking about customers using DD subs, I am talking about design request coming from the company itself), so lets allow another what, 20 hours for that. Now, we cant forget about all the replys, email tagging and shit he has to do before assigning a case number, and then assigning a case number when half the time the customers dont order anyways. Lets say this is roughly another 20 hours, as replying to 50 emails a day would take me forever. So 60 hours a month total work load, but also keep in mind, he has 2 options, regular and rush. He doesnt work on the standard cases until all of the Rush orders are down. he does this for a living, yes? 60 hours a month? whatever happened to a 40 hour work week? u wont be disappointed, i dont just throw something togetheri think people like me and james have the same outlook on those boxes i charge 1/7 what he does... so if u get a design from him it better be a WAY better and for what? 90% of most people i do box designs for arent looking for an audiophiles setup... they want loud rap/rock music period... and it doesnt take $50-60 to get that same here. i design based on primary music played and power used for the most part
siucsaluki11 Posted December 13, 2009 Report Posted December 13, 2009 For you to even say that a design by someone who does this for a living, and someone who knows how to use WinISD will be around the same, is really silly of you. Theres a reason for his wait, hes a one man show like stated before. For me, Ill gladly pay the 50 bucks and get it done right the 1st time, instead of building a box 3 different times trying to find the one I like the best. = He has even said it himself, some designs take anywhere from 20min to 2 hours. Per person. Now take that per person, and mulitply it by how many people come to him a month, lets say, 25? So he has roughly 25 hours a month, for paying customers. Plus his free time(who knows how long this takes), all of the designs DD drops on him(he has even said before, that when DD calls, everything gets put on hold until the DD stuff is done, no I am not talking about customers using DD subs, I am talking about design request coming from the company itself), so lets allow another what, 20 hours for that. Now, we cant forget about all the replys, email tagging and shit he has to do before assigning a case number, and then assigning a case number when half the time the customers dont order anyways. Lets say this is roughly another 20 hours, as replying to 50 emails a day would take me forever. So 60 hours a month total work load, but also keep in mind, he has 2 options, regular and rush. He doesnt work on the standard cases until all of the Rush orders are down. Ok, do you have experience with working? That 60 a month aint shit. I am assuming this is not his full time job, but if it is, must be nice. Your 50 Emails a day aint much. Ever do work as a Project coordinator or Project manager? Try sifting through emails when you get 50 or so emails an hour. Im much happier working in the shop right now at work than in the offices. Been there, done that (on the PC level). I understand he has 2 options, rush or regular. But honestly, if he cant reply to an email, he wont be getting my money, ill design it myself (had a bit of luck doing so in the past and for others as well including a design or 2 for a local shop) Why do you discredit those on here who design boxes? Some of us have a great bit of knowledge. Im still learning alot, but i know a decent amount id like to think. Someone else said, just because its our hobby doesnt mean we cant do it. Hell, id love to be an acoustic engineer, some of the things they do sound like itd be a cool job. So for now ill stick to working, getting back to school, and audio as a hobby. woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port... YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.
Namosh Posted December 13, 2009 Report Posted December 13, 2009 Pete could put an end to most of this by answering peoples emails. I'm sure most people will wait for his design if they knew he was at least working on it. I don't care how busy he may be, it's not too much to ask to return an email just to say, yes I got your order and will get to it as soon as possible. If anyone on this site was taking money to design a box and then didn't reply to ANY attempts at contact from the customer there would be a scammer thread pop up every day on him. Yeah, his plans are worth it if you can't do it yourself but his customer service has gone to shit. My Ram Quad Cab Blow-through
01xtreme Posted December 13, 2009 Report Posted December 13, 2009 So 60 hours a month total work load, but also keep in mind, he has 2 options, regular and rush. He doesnt work on the standard cases until all of the Rush orders are down. he does this for a living, yes? 60 hours a month? whatever happened to a 40 hour work week? For the love of god, you're trying to make excuses for this guy saying there's just not enough hours in a day...even at your GROSS overestimation of time he spends working you come up with 60 hours a MONTH. You're saying you're willing to wait months for a design that takes him 20 minutes to do? Sounds like PWK is one extremely lazy bastard. I never have and never will order one of his designs, I know too many people who will provide better results with a design. I don't feel its worth 50 bucks and a few months wait for a design that has a name over 10 words in length and performs the same and sometimes worse than a plain ported box design. I think rival needs to get off this guys dick. My System: Pioneer AVH-P3200BT 4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors) 8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash) 1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs) 2-18" BTL's (for now) Crescendo 3kwp (for sale) Complete rebuild coming soon...
bobonit Posted December 13, 2009 Report Posted December 13, 2009 For the love of god, you're trying to make excuses for this guy saying there's just not enough hours in a day...even at your GROSS overestimation of time he spends working you come up with 60 hours a MONTH. You're saying you're willing to wait months for a design that takes him 20 minutes to do? Sounds like PWK is one extremely lazy bastard. I never have and never will order one of his designs, I know too many people who will provide better results with a design. I don't feel its worth 50 bucks and a few months wait for a design that has a name over 10 words in length and performs the same and sometimes worse than a plain ported box design. I think rival needs to get off this guys dick. x2, I WISH I could work 60 hours a month. And the emails, I get between 10 and 50 emails in an hour and they ALL have to be read and responded to. Some people need a reality check on what working in the real world is like. And I'm sure this guy is not the only person on this green earth that knows now to make a fucking box. 97 Maxima SE Bunch of shit going in, check out the build Build Log
siucsaluki11 Posted December 13, 2009 Report Posted December 13, 2009 For the love of god, you're trying to make excuses for this guy saying there's just not enough hours in a day...even at your GROSS overestimation of time he spends working you come up with 60 hours a MONTH. You're saying you're willing to wait months for a design that takes him 20 minutes to do? Sounds like PWK is one extremely lazy bastard. I never have and never will order one of his designs, I know too many people who will provide better results with a design. I don't feel its worth 50 bucks and a few months wait for a design that has a name over 10 words in length and performs the same and sometimes worse than a plain ported box design. I think rival needs to get off this guys dick. my thoughts exactly x2, I WISH I could work 60 hours a month. And the emails, I get between 10 and 50 emails in an hour and they ALL have to be read and responded to. Some people need a reality check on what working in the real world is like. And I'm sure this guy is not the only person on this green earth that knows now to make a fucking box. Glad im not the only one who thinks this. Must be nice to have pete and rival's jobs, where 60 Hours a week is alot of work. Shit, ill do that in a week. woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port... YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.
berniebp87 Posted December 13, 2009 Report Posted December 13, 2009 I sent a request almost 2 months ago and haven`t heard anything from him :01nocomment8so: Proud member of SMD My build log 2 DDZ9518 2 DynaBel BF 8501 2 GZ Neo 8"s 154.5@38hz with 2 DD Z9518`s 145.5@40hz with 2 DD 1508`s My youtube vids
OrionStang Posted December 13, 2009 Report Posted December 13, 2009 X2! I am currently on my 4th box for my hdc3 (I designed and built them all myself) and tried something different in each of the first three took what I learned from all three and applied to the current one and have never been happier with a design, look, and sound of any setup I've had as I am with this one. Your a avatar makes me want to jack my dick. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
edog Posted December 13, 2009 Report Posted December 13, 2009 I have never used him before, but he could just send you any old box design copied from another customers blueprint with a similiar vehicle and you could build it and never know your subs full potential, or you can wait because there might be a reason he is taking so long.When I design boxes sometimes it takes me 2-hours sometimes 2-weeks.I have seen no posts complaining about his blueprints except for the design time.It takes skill to please so many people when everybodies different.Some of these cars on here take months to build and that means you can focus on other stuff to get ready for an awesome(from what I here) one of a kind blueprint.Please don't take this the wrong way! Just be patient and most of the time you won't be disappointed 2001 Southern Comfort Suburban sittin on 26"s Eclipse 6620 double din head unit (2004 dash mod) 4-AQ 3500D amps @1 ohm 8-Cadence 6.5 midbass 4- in each door. Image Dynamics Cd 1 pro HLCD 4-runs of KnuKoncepts 1/0 power wire 4-DC AUDIO lvl 4 xl 18"s in a wall 2-MECHMAN 270 AMP alternators(2 more on the way)xs power VCM 7-Deka intimidator group 31 batts(soon to be Xs power) 2-Rockford Fosgate Prime r300.4(1 bridged on mids, 2nd on CD1 horns and rear door speakers) 1-Rockford Fosgate 360.2(operated by Palm tungsten T5)My link
01xtreme Posted December 13, 2009 Report Posted December 13, 2009 I have never used him before, but he could just send you any old box design copied from another customers blueprint with a similiar vehicle and you could build it and never know your subs full potential, or you can wait because there might be a reason he is taking so long.When I design boxes sometimes it takes me 2-hours sometimes 2-weeks.I have seen no posts complaining about his blueprints except for the design time.It takes skill to please so many people when everybodies different.Some of these cars on here take months to build and that means you can focus on other stuff to get ready for an awesome(from what I here) one of a kind blueprint.Please don't take this the wrong way! Just be patient and most of the time you won't be disappointed I know of 1 person first hand who pulled out his PWK box and had it rebuilt and was much happier by the "no-name" rebuild than with the PWK build. Not to mention, look at elvis (rose-villan)...ask him how much he liked his PWK design. rofl. Its a joke. Im sure he knows a ton about sound, but at the end of the day, he's only doing what any builder/designer would do, tayloring a box design to your preferences, vehicle and equipment, but he markets him designs more hoping to get some more recognition. My System: Pioneer AVH-P3200BT 4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors) 8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash) 1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs) 2-18" BTL's (for now) Crescendo 3kwp (for sale) Complete rebuild coming soon...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.