Playa Named Joe Posted December 15, 2009 Report Posted December 15, 2009 If I were to get one of these, which would be best. Are these over rated? Sound good on 1300rms? Box 4.1^3 ft-ish tuned 35? both ebay links. Here. or Here. 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix build
TheSundownFire Posted December 15, 2009 Report Posted December 15, 2009 Lanman31337 speaks highly of them. Hes working on a half wall with 4 12s. He was trying to get me to go with the first one awhile back. 1999 Pontiac Sunfire Alpine CDA-9886 Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D Sundown Audio SAX-50.4 Rainbow SAC 265.25 Components Image Dynamics iD12 Optima Yellow Top SQFire FTW.
Nightshade Posted December 15, 2009 Report Posted December 15, 2009 I have a teamate that has a pair of the first one's you linked. I haven't ever seen him run them because I think that they are just backup subs for him. I'll talk to him this week sometime and get some feedback from him and post it here, but from what I can see they seem to be a solid motor. I'm not sure about the coil, but if it's got the typical 8 layer flat wound that you find in similar subs it should handle the power and get loud. 2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo 1 Sundown Audio SCV2000 1 Sundown Audio X15 V2 1 XS Power D3100 Audio Control LC6i Stock Deck 146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz 2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore ChampionHighest NSPL Scores to date:154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz
Boon Posted December 15, 2009 Report Posted December 15, 2009 Lanman31337 speaks highly of them. Hes working on a half wall with 4 12s.He was trying to get me to go with the first one awhile back. That guy has the biggest boner for Lanzar, I would take it with a grain of salt 10.x volts fo' life!
lanman31337 Posted December 15, 2009 Report Posted December 15, 2009 That guy has the biggest boner for Lanzar, I would take it with a grain of salt I hear he's a jagoff. Anyways, hi. Check out the parameters of said sub. It's going to be an spl monster, and sound like your car being hit by black baby jesus by a baby seal. Not a good sound. 50 hertz fs, not liking that. If you want a musical sub, go with the 1532d. Thank you and have a good day. PS - I love old Zed Audio stuff, hence the love for the Lanzar. Their build turned to shit, and finally picked up recently again. Although not the Zed quality, I'm impressed. 2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds 1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4 4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's 1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1 1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1 1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass 1 - Alphasonic PCT6551 1 - Lanzar VX830 1 - JBL 22 band EQ 1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU 1 - AudioControl Epic160
Ben Building Posted December 15, 2009 Report Posted December 15, 2009 Get off lanman's motor, Boon. Some guys just want to get 105% of the performance for 75% of the price. Those subs flat out bang, no matter what label is on the dustcap. The 1533 is a true 3,000 wat RMS SPL beast and you could get some decent music out of it with enough box tweaking. The 35 series are also very nice subs for the money. What are you looking for?
Playa Named Joe Posted December 15, 2009 Author Report Posted December 15, 2009 I'm looking for a loud ass, with some sound quiality, 15" sub that'll take 1300rms in an about 4.4^3 ft box tuned 35 hz. I don't want to have to worry to much about blowing it either. I don't want to have to baby the volume. This is for daily. I've considered; DC Level 4 :/ DC XL 4 -- don't think i have enough power RE SX - I think i may have to much power Fi BL AA Havoc AQ HDC3 Copper -- Kinda bad experience with SDC2.5, but It's my fault. Kicker CVX-- Idk if will handle 1300 rms 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix build
Playa Named Joe Posted December 15, 2009 Author Report Posted December 15, 2009 I hear he's a jagoff. Anyways, hi. Check out the parameters of said sub. It's going to be an spl monster, and sound like your car being hit by black baby jesus by a baby seal. Not a good sound. 50 hertz fs, not liking that. If you want a musical sub, go with the 1532d. Thank you and have a good day.PS - I love old Zed Audio stuff, hence the love for the Lanzar. Their build turned to shit, and finally picked up recently again. Although not the Zed quality, I'm impressed. Lol, Ok. Well, I want some SQ, not too big on that. I don't really want to tweak my box. 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix build
Slinky Posted December 15, 2009 Report Posted December 15, 2009 I'm looking for a loud ass, with some sound quiality, 15" sub that'll take 1300rms in an about 4.4^3 ft box tuned 35 hz. I don't want to have to worry to much about blowing it either. I don't want to have to baby the volume. This is for daily. I've considered; DC Level 4 :/ DC XL 4 -- don't think i have enough power RE SX - I think i may have to much power Fi BL AA Havoc AQ HDC3 Copper -- Kinda bad experience with SDC2.5, but It's my fault. Kicker CVX-- Idk if will handle 1300 rms threadjack? DD M4 Rockford Fosgate P500-4 SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap 2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S XS Power D3400 Under Hood XS Power D5100 in rear Michael Singer 200A Alt Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/
c_stud Posted December 15, 2009 Report Posted December 15, 2009 im planning on getting 2 of the first lanzars subs you posted this guy here is getting this lanzar up and moving on just an audiopipe 3000 with 4 gauge reduced to 8 gauge in a rental car man 1998 Nissan 200sx NOW: Dex-p98r head Planet Audio 300.4 mids and highs Planet Audio/Pioneer tweeters/crossovers Skar SK1500.1 3 SKAR Vvx15 dual 4 wired at .63
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.