Enclosure Design Database on SMD?

when i was doing them for free there was a thread with a bunch of pages full of sketchups and specs...it was in the subwoofer section...use to be pinned but isnt anymore....u can look for it if u want..but i dont really feel like it...its probably deep in that section...probably from like a year ago..maybe less

Is it this one? Click Me!!

tech2332.png

My Official Feedback Thread

PSN - tech2332

Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!

when i was doing them for free there was a thread with a bunch of pages full of sketchups and specs...it was in the subwoofer section...use to be pinned but isnt anymore....u can look for it if u want..but i dont really feel like it...its probably deep in that section...probably from like a year ago..maybe less

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...c=12617&hl=

;)

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

yup...thats it....browse thru there...there are a bunch of designes...i swear i have over 200 saved on my computer that i did for people...made a total of maybe $5...lol...its all good...i liked it while it lasted...just got burnt out..and not enough time anymore...

i likes me some audio stuff...

This would be a great added feature of SMD ++ addd

My 93 chevy truck Orion HCCA 15's Build

6K HID's

2 orion HCCA 15.4

2 AP30001D's

2 optima yellowtops, 2 C&D 270fr's, all 3 tsunami 1/0, CS144 190 amp

Rockford p200-2

Rockford p200-2

Rockford p300-1

Kole KX1 5500D -broken

last time i checked its called Subwoofer/Enclosures section

there are merely rules of thumb when designing a box, too many would rely on the info as fact and not just guidance

what info are u looking to add... pretty much anything can be searched already

maybe for best buy subs this would be good but i think most of us want boxes made for our subs/power/car

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

yea. thats true. I guess it wouldnt really help much since the tuning would change for every car.

My 93 chevy truck Orion HCCA 15's Build

6K HID's

2 orion HCCA 15.4

2 AP30001D's

2 optima yellowtops, 2 C&D 270fr's, all 3 tsunami 1/0, CS144 190 amp

Rockford p200-2

Rockford p200-2

Rockford p300-1

Kole KX1 5500D -broken

last time i checked its called Subwoofer/Enclosures section

there are merely rules of thumb when designing a box, too many would rely on the info as fact and not just guidance

what info are u looking to add... pretty much anything can be searched already

maybe for best buy subs this would be good but i think most of us want boxes made for our subs/power/car

There currently is nothing in the subwoofer/enclosure section that can be searched only for box designs/pics. If there was a no-word thread with nothing but enclosures, those designs could then be discussed in the rest of the subwoofer/design section.

There certainly are rules of thumb in designing sub enclosures. There are also rules of fact that can be discussed. If someone wants to be impatient and grab the first design they see, regardless if it is right for their application, then of course they will get poor results. The vast majority of SMD members, however, are not stupid. If James posts an awesome enclosure for 2 BTL 18s, that same concept could be used for 2 DC LVL 4 12s if the volume and tuning are re-calculated.

A subwoofer is just a subwoofer; the box is special. Steve's new subs would probably sound like crap in a best buy box. A Best Buy subwoofer in the right box, however, will make you question you sanity. Maybe you know this already....

This Forum is about improving the state of the Audio Art. I think a Picture-Only Enclosure thread would be a great contribution to this Forum.

What's up, Steve?

i dont see it as a bad idea

i wouldnt most likely contribute to it as i dont even look for people to do designs for, i recomend other people all the time, if people come to me its usually because they WANT me to design it for them, i dont do free, as i feel my time is worth something...it may be a little harsh yea, but i sit there and talk to the peopel about what they want and what they are looking for as well as get all thier information.

Again not a bad idea imo, i just see alot of people throwing just anything up and potentially messing up someones speakers due to a crap design. I dunno about you but i dont wanna come check on every design submitted to be sure port area is correct or tuning or anything for that matter.

There currently is nothing in the subwoofer/enclosure section that can be searched only for box designs/pics. If there was a no-word thread with nothing but enclosures, those designs could then be discussed in the rest of the subwoofer/design section.

I found 34 pages when i searched for "box design."

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...5Cbox+design%5C

theres not a point tho because the person looking for the design specific for their install can just make a thread just as easily as making a thread to "discuss" a design already made

There certainly are rules of thumb in designing sub enclosures. There are also rules of fact that can be discussed. If someone wants to be impatient and grab the first design they see, regardless if it is right for their application, then of course they will get poor results. The vast majority of SMD members, however, are not stupid. If James posts an awesome enclosure for 2 BTL 18s, that same concept could be used for 2 DC LVL 4 12s if the volume and tuning are re-calculated.

either way whoever wants the box for the lvl4s that liked the one for btls could still make their own thread just as easy... like everyone else already does... because power, car, max dimensions change things so much there are no constants from one box to another, especially when u are comparin to different subs and two different sizes

A subwoofer is just a subwoofer; the box is special. Steve's new subs would probably sound like crap in a best buy box. A Best Buy subwoofer in the right box, however, will make you question you sanity. Maybe you know this already....

a subwoofer is not just a subwoofer...

This Forum is about improving the state of the Audio Art. I think a Picture-Only Enclosure thread would be a great contribution to this Forum.

What's up, Steve?

if u want a picture only thread then a mod needs to lock it and update it... so u would need a mod in on this to work like that

im pretty sure this is on caraudio.com already and roe... maybe start looking there first

steve who, lol, u think steve meade cares about this, hes got subs to slammm!

i just dont see a point when u can make a thread and ask senior members on here what works best for you instead of using some generic box designs that work for some, not all... and then create a thread to "discuss it"

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Archived