got chewed out by a sergeant major

I think, reguardless if your on duty or not, your still on base and you shouldnt bump period..., you know its wrong to bump loud on base.. and you clearly seen he was a SGM. I do agree, bumping is fun, and if no residential areas are around that should be fine, but you are on base :( cant argue with that on there.. no if this was off post.. you could have cussed him out for all i care.. your off duty and off post.. But being on post you should have just said, i apologize SGM, it wont happen again.

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

i did. i turn it up as soon as i pass the gates. i know better especially being a marine there is ALWAYS someone waiting to correct somebody. i had a gunny try to put me at parade rest at a wal-mart when i got out of my car cause he heard my music before i pulled in as soon as he started barking i sat back in my car sad "aye gunnery sergeant" and bounced

see and thats bullshit .... just my 2 cents but if youre not "at work" so to speak he should have no authority over you.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Thats pretty funny actually. I have mad respect for military people, but when they let it go to their head like that its ok to let a little smart ass remark slip lol.

that man put in alot of time to become a e-9 sgt major i think he deserves the respect!!!!! and to say it went to his head, if that were you in his shoes you wouldnt think the same way. i used to think my sgt major was a dick too after a while i saw that he had more knowledge, training and wisdome than most people could understand. i do understand it being a saturday and maybe he was already in a bad mood, you were just iceing on his cake, but it was stupid to give a remark like that. i wouldnt want to loose money and rank when i could have just took my grilling and went on my way.

1998 jeep grand cherokee

future teardown and rebuild:

2-15.4 orion hcca's

sub amp undecided

2 sets of components

1-concept amp (mids/highs)

undecided h.o. alt

2-yellow tops

Gets me in trouble sometimes, I suppose, but it instills trust in my soldiers at least. They know I won't make them do anything 'just because', it all has meaning behind it.

i know exactly what your saying. there were times i knew my guys were scared (hell I was scared) so i showed them that i would never tell them to enter a house to clear it or move to a differant firing position if i would'nt go there myself. there were many a times i said "follow me" under fire instead of "go over there"

just thank god

it wasnt this sgm

weweresoldiers2.JPG600px-Vlcsnap-99097.jpg

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

i know exactly what your saying. there were times i knew my guys were scared (hell I was scared) so i showed them that i would never tell them to enter a house to clear it or move to a differant firing position if i would'nt go there myself. there were many a times i said "follow me" under fire instead of "go over there"

being a smart ass to a superior has NOTHING to do with what you're talking about

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

that man put in alot of time to become a e-9 sgt major i think he deserves the respect!!!!!

Ah I completely understand this. The guys been around, seen alot of shit. And I don't agree with being flippant, that pisses me off (for example, 'like...whatever.'). But I mean, nobody's perfect. This was an example of non-tactical, non-life threatening situation - my music was a little loud on a non-duty day, away from anybody's house and family, at a place where you would only be on a saturday if you cared about PT. So a little incredulity was called for, in my opinion.

Nobody's perfect. I know when I went to the board to be promoted, I didn't answer every question 100% correct, but the board wasn't looking for someone who could regurgitate information on command. They were looking for someone who had the balls to speak to a SGM (you can only really know what I mean if you've been in the military and know the kind of god-like status awarded to these people) like a man. I don't care what rank you are, if I think you're jacked up I'm going to tell you.

i could have just took my grilling and went on my way.

But when does it become important enough to stand up to someone? It's always easier to patronize someone, "Yes 1SG, No SGM, Roger SSG" then to say 'Hey, 1SG, my guys have training today. They can't go dispatch 1 Plt's LMTV.' I dunno I see the connection. Maybe I'm just not very good at explaining what I mean without 'fuck' every other word :D

see and thats bullshit .... just my 2 cents but if youre not "at work" so to speak he should have no authority over you.

he still has authority wheter he's in my chain of command or not (he wasnt, i only knew that by the sticker on his truck). the fact is he didn't have to go all drill instructor in a wal mart parking lot, he could have said "hey devil dog your musics too loud" and i would have had a different dynamic

So I live on a military base. Not by choice, but because the army is cheap and doesn't believe in quality control. Anyway, I was driving over to the gym today, music slamming like usual, pulled into the parking lot and got out *BAM* instant sergeant major in my face! (in case you don't know, I'm an E5, sergeant major is E9, you could say he's my boss's-boss's-boss's-boss. :01nocomment8so: ) Starts going on about how he could hear my music, inside the building, with his headphones in.

"Why do you think that is Sergeant?" says the SGM.

"SGM, I guess you need to get some better headphones." I say.

Ooooh boy that didn't go over well! I swear I could see steam coming out of this guys ears! Apparently there's a policy (I secretly knew about it but I ignored it) that says you can get a ticket if your music can be heard 25ft away. So he threatened to demote me and take my pay, because I'm setting a bad example for other soldiers. The whole time I'm thinking, "We're at the gym, on a Saturday, and the nearest houses are two miles away... It's not like I'm driving through your neighborhood or nothing." Not to worry, I've escaped trickier situations, so no harm done! Just stupidity like that gets on my nerves.

We need extremely loud motivational music to get going in the morning, amiright? :hairtrick:

Im also an E5 sergant and get told all the tme by many higher ranks that its too loud. Most of the time I use a scarcastic tone and apologize, only to do it again the next day. Most of these MF's just get on you 'cause they got the rank so they can. I can't wait to become a SGM myself so I can change it around, like if somebody makes a complaint about bass or loud music, i'll just be like whatever and blow that shit off. Can't wait to piss off all the E6- E7s that complain about stupid shit because i'm going to shut them down.

To the OP, just gain the rank and then make your own rules.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Nobody's perfect. I know when I went to the board to be promoted, I didn't answer every question 100% correct, but the board wasn't looking for someone who could regurgitate information on command. They were looking for someone who had the balls to speak to a SGM (you can only really know what I mean if you've been in the military and know the kind of god-like status awarded to these people) like a man. I don't care what rank you are, if I think you're jacked up I'm going to tell you.

you didn't tell him he was jacked up. you know he would've got at you if you had told him he was idiot or a crybaby. just doesn't make sense to antagonize

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

Archived