Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Cone Area Of A Subwoofer


Recommended Posts

Posted

If you take xmax muliplied by cone area, that will give you the volume displacement. If you're dealing with sealed enclosures, this is important to consider. this is not the end all be all solution though. Look at DD subs, being loud without huge xmax specs. ported is a different beast altogether

I'm not a fans of the DD sub but i heard these sub have good t parameter. Always think that a sub that have bigger xmax move more air so inorder to create more sound the sub need to move air quickly but it not a fact. Just my opinion. If i have more cone area and woofer xmax. I should be able to be louder. By the way DD sub are too pricey and not everyone could afford those sub.

Posted

Anyone here know the cone area of the MTx jackhammer? It like 23 inch sub, right?? Two jackhammer sub would have alot of cone area. I had seen someone hiting 150 Db with one jackhammer. Holy crap!!

Posted

Anyone here know the cone area of the MTx jackhammer? It like 23 inch sub, right?? Two jackhammer sub would have alot of cone area. I had seen someone hiting 150 Db with one jackhammer. Holy crap!!

I'm willing to bet my left nut the new AA SMD woofer will be able to hit a 150 in the right enclosure, for a crap-ton smaller price.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

Posted

Anyone here know the cone area of the MTx jackhammer? It like 23 inch sub, right?? Two jackhammer sub would have alot of cone area. I had seen someone hiting 150 Db with one jackhammer. Holy crap!!

380 in cone area for 1 22' jackhammer. I'd do six 10''s before thinking about that thing

ascendant.jpglogo.jpgteamsundown-1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

Posted

My God, did you fail math?

pi = 3.14159265

Well...if you want to get reeeely technical, pi is "22/7"

I doubt anyone will need pi to the 100th decimal place, but :shrug:

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Posted

380 in cone area for 1 22' jackhammer. I'd do six 10''s before thinking about that thing

380 cone area for single MTx 22 inch sub can do big number. I cannot imagine how to 2 MTX 22 inch sub look like in vehicle. You should add that 22 inch sub on your cone area list.

  • 2 months later...
Posted

could someone tell me what the cone area of a 21" sub is, i cant seem to get this right

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

This work for you?

DID ANYONE SEE THE SIZE OF THAT DUCK HE HAD?!?! lol. i want one.

it's good to know that 4 15"s can get louder then some of the more common setups.

1994 Ford F150 reg cab

2 HFX 12's

Audiopipe APSM-1300

  • 5 months later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2347 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...