Sonic Electronix

installing a second battery does harm?

250watts shouldnt make any difference to your vehicle

check all your settings and connections.

and yes an alt fixes the problem, not covering the symptoms

My gain isnt even half way up.. But i have no clue how long that punch 250 has been in the truck cuz it was in there when i bought it so i will chevk the connections tomarrow after school or maybe even at school if its not still raining...

1997 Chevy Cheyenne Single Cab

Pioneer DEH-3200UB

Two sets of Orion 6.5" Components In Each Door

AudioQue HDC3 15"

^^^ Its all For Sale!!!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99546-lots-to-sale-good-prices/ ^^^ AQ2200D

Wow, such a flexy beast(see what i did there lol)

250 watts aint shit. i'd make sure all your connections were nice, make sure the ground isn't grounded to a shitty 1/8th inch thick peace of sheet metal with 10 layers of paint on it..

then have you battery load testing and see if 'ts dying.. shouldn't drop much at all with that little bit of power

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

250 watts aint shit. i'd make sure all your connections were nice, make sure the ground isn't grounded to a shitty 1/8th inch thick peace of sheet metal with 10 layers of paint on it..

then have you battery load testing and see if 'ts dying.. shouldn't drop much at all with that little bit of power

The battery should be alirght its only a couple months old. Hopefully it is the connections cuz if its the alt I'm screwed.

Edited by UniqueSounds

1997 Chevy Cheyenne Single Cab

Pioneer DEH-3200UB

Two sets of Orion 6.5" Components In Each Door

AudioQue HDC3 15"

^^^ Its all For Sale!!!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99546-lots-to-sale-good-prices/ ^^^ AQ2200D

Wow, such a flexy beast(see what i did there lol)

my old nissan had a 50 amp alt, i feel for ya bro lol. do a big 3, and if a HO alt isnt your thing, u can always get a second factory alt, get a bracket made, and get a belt. 110+110=220amps?

do the big 3 first tho.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

What size wire you running?

Voltage drops from 250 watts sounds like bad grounds... BIG 3

either bad grounds or 10 ga power wire 20 ft long... but yea... big 3 in anything larger then 4ga.. should do the trick... assuming ur using proper size wire...

edit:

back to the OP... my oppinion is... a 2nd battery doesnt hurt... jus dont run them dead...

Edited by spl4life

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack

I have 1000 watts rms on my sub, and 200+ watts on my front speakers. With my stock electrical system; I have form 0 to 0.1 voltage drop when playing at full tilt. So, 250 watts : a joke for a car !!!

What gauge size do you run on your batt for + AND for - . They should be the same size, and big enough (try some 4 ga at least).

You can do the big3, but it seems that you have another problem : 250 watts is too low to make your voltage drop.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

if it is the old school 250m , then it retailed for $759 us in 1996 . its rated at 250wrms @4ohms and 500 @ 2ohms but acutual is about 700@ 2ohms.