Reaper Posted February 17, 2010 Report Posted February 17, 2010 He definitly cant fire you for that. If you did get your job back they`d just treat you like shit for getting it back. You`ll just get the worst of the worst, so it`s a good thing your happy about lookin for a better job. GL in the job search and congrats on everything being covered.
snafu Posted February 17, 2010 Report Posted February 17, 2010 dccavalier, Man, reading threads like this really take one's breath away. I've been in and around car audio since 1984. In my time, I can't tell you how many fires that I've seen due to a rushed installation. When you're dealing with 4 gauge and larger cables, shorts are sometimes unforgiving - especially when you have batteries located somewhere other than stock. You absolutely, positively must ensure that you are placing fuses or circuit breakers where they can protect the wiring to the fullest and that they are sized appropriately based on the current capacity of the cables. For example, if you locate a battery in the rear of the vehicle, the run of cable from the front to rear MUST be fused at both ends - preferably within 18" of each battery. PM me your address and I'll send you an autographed copy of my book Automotive Wiring and Electrical Systems at no charge. Chapter 6 and Chapter 8 have extremely detailed explanations of how to safely upgrade your charging system, protecting the cables, safely adding an auxiliary battery, etc. For anyone else, I guarantee you that my book is cheap insurance so that you don't experience the same thing. I'm glad that your insurance company covered you fully. Now . . . let's not see any more threads like this at SMD! Best of luck to you in the rebuild! Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!
BlakSS Posted February 17, 2010 Report Posted February 17, 2010 WOW.. seriously thats bullshit. had something like that happen to me back in high school and can definitely feel your pain but glad everything worked out for u. go bigger and better. good luck :hairtrick:
micahmye Posted February 17, 2010 Report Posted February 17, 2010 dccavalier,Man, reading threads like this really take one's breath away. I've been in and around car audio since 1984. In my time, I can't tell you how many fires that I've seen due to a rushed installation. When you're dealing with 4 gauge and larger cables, shorts are sometimes unforgiving - especially when you have batteries located somewhere other than stock. You absolutely, positively must ensure that you are placing fuses or circuit breakers where they can protect the wiring to the fullest and that they are sized appropriately based on the current capacity of the cables. For example, if you locate a battery in the rear of the vehicle, the run of cable from the front to rear MUST be fused at both ends - preferably within 18" of each battery. PM me your address and I'll send you an autographed copy of my book Automotive Wiring and Electrical Systems at no charge. Chapter 6 and Chapter 8 have extremely detailed explanations of how to safely upgrade your charging system, protecting the cables, safely adding an auxiliary battery, etc. For anyone else, I guarantee you that my book is cheap insurance so that you don't experience the same thing. I'm glad that your insurance company covered you fully. Now . . . let's not see any more threads like this at SMD! Best of luck to you in the rebuild! snafu, your book has helped me alot, I am almost done reading it and have really enjoyed it and have learned alot. dccav, grab his book; even if you're not a noob you can get something out of this book. "The Pimp Van" Build "The Pimp Van" Rebuild Youtube Photobucket Feedback For Sale
Bumpindemlowzz Posted February 20, 2010 Author Report Posted February 20, 2010 They sent a check today for the car so that's done with. Just need to get money from the system and all contents so hopefully that's soon. 2010 Silverado 18" DC XL 18 DC 2k XS Power Batts
DJ Kevin - I.M.S Posted February 20, 2010 Report Posted February 20, 2010 How did the car end up in flames? DJ Kevin - Indian Majestic Sounds
tdsa23 Posted February 20, 2010 Report Posted February 20, 2010 I sold joobles my sundown 2000d and I haven't had time to send it out. I had full coverage but I don't kn ow if I should mention the system Hell yea tell them about the system they might just give you something for it. XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s MechMan 220a Alt DC 5K Kicker 650.4 2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's Pioneer DEH-P7200HD Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1 Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899 https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/
Reallunacy Posted February 20, 2010 Report Posted February 20, 2010 PM me your address and I'll send you an autographed copy of my book Automotive Wiring and Electrical Systems at no charge. Hey Snafu, mind if I buy an autographed copy off you? I'm glad to hear that the insurance company covered you, but you should see if they put it on your clue report. If they did it will raise your rates if you go to any other company even if they aren't raising them at your current provider.
J00bles Posted March 1, 2010 Report Posted March 1, 2010 hey man, any word on getting my money sent back to me? i paid you on February 9th, 19 days ago. you stopped messaging me on paypal too. whats up? i know you're active here still so get back at me 8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee Click to see J00bles' Youtube Channel
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.