I can see the average person panic at first when it happens...but the one that gets me is the cop who let his car get up to like 140mph and went miles before losing control and killing his whole family...at some point you would think he would have thought about turning off the damn key.

toyotas are drive by wire.. (which i think it stupid anyways) which sends a electric signal from the gas pedal to a servo that acutates the throttle plate.

so if theres a short or a malfunction of the throttle peddal this could happen.. either causing it it get stuck open or shut.or anywhere in between

another thing is these toyotas i guess are the type that are push button start and you only have to have the key in the car to start it. not in the ignition. (i woulda chucked the key out the window )

another thing is the trans is probably electronically shifted as well. and probably wont allow you to shift to neutral under power..

i still dont see how with a combo of the emergency brake and regular brakes. you couldnt overpower the motor. or at least enough to slow you down to hit something at a realitvley safe speed..

there are youtube videos where people are showing you what to do in the situation.

but i have to agree with Steve. If you cant put the car in neutral there is something wrong with you.

Edited by z_ro

just remember, there are no smart people in the world, only some less retarded than others

wow shes hot too who is she? kim petras? wheres that from...i'd buss that open

Bone stock 2015 Genesis Sedan

RIP Civic :(

sundown_audio_logo-1-1.jpg

sayhuh. the new trans are electronically controlled. sure you can put it in neutral but until the trans deems it safe to shift the shift solenoid wont actually shift the trans to neutral. thats why im thinking the cars wouldnt go to neutral. and with the car being W.O.T the trans wouldnt shift.

or since all the yota dealership was doin was reflashing the ecus. maybe the ecu and tcu had a problem.

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

toyotas are infact good cars, probably one of most reliable cars actually. And i hate to burst ur bubbles but it was the toyotas made here in the USA that have the gas pedal problem. All the toyotas made in JAPAN are fine. My gf has a brand new corolla and she went to the dealer and thats what they told her.

1)Alpine CDA-117

1)hifonics brutus bxi 2610

1)hifonics zeus zxi6410

3)Alpine sps-600c

2)Fi BL d1 15s fully loaded

while true steve. that would work in your tahoe. but these new cars are new animals everything is controlled by electronics and the ecu.

Chewie has been correct with his posts thus far.

since toyota uses computers for every component of the vehicle, it could be VERY tough to prevent your eminent death.

drive by wire is a big crock anyways, who wants a computer to tell the car "how fast" to go?

be prepared for this issue to get worse and worse in the next few years. almost every new car out there (company doesnt matter) has begun their switch to the new computer systems

toyotas are infact good cars, probably one of most reliable cars actually. And i hate to burst ur bubbles but it was the toyotas made here in the USA that have the gas pedal problem. All the toyotas made in JAPAN are fine. My gf has a brand new corolla and she went to the dealer and thats what they told her.

you are also correct. toyota is actually the ONLY car company to make all of their US cars.. in the US

Edited by J00bles

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

the dealership also told this guy that his car was not part of the recall. lol

just remember, there are no smart people in the world, only some less retarded than others

wow shes hot too who is she? kim petras? wheres that from...i'd buss that open

Bone stock 2015 Genesis Sedan

RIP Civic :(

sundown_audio_logo-1-1.jpg

sayhuh. the new trans are electronically controlled. sure you can put it in neutral but until the trans deems it safe to shift the shift solenoid wont actually shift the trans to neutral. thats why im thinking the cars wouldnt go to neutral. and with the car being W.O.T the trans wouldnt shift.

or since all the yota dealership was doin was reflashing the ecus. maybe the ecu and tcu had a problem.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/video-toyota-shares-prius-demo-video-to-disprove-unintended-acceleration-claims.html

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

if the car physically cannot go into neutral while this is happening, then i take back what i said of course.....

then i will put my arguement to the dumbasses who died because the floor mat got stuck. Reach down, grab, pull - im pretty sure you can do that LOL!

haha, good point! Get the tahoe back yet?

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts