Exo's new 150 db video

we probably never met before but i know dave he build my box!

were are you located?

I'm in south east NH, I'm near the boarder of MA and ME a nice and central location :-) Congrats on owning a Dave Box, I bet you love yours as much as I love mine ;-) How about yourself? Have you been out to a comp in the area?

Hey Steve I'm sure we all have vids of bad numbers/runs ect. I know I do... stupid internet lol but we learn from them and they dont matter any ways. Only matters what we do currently and in future. Like you alluded to ya got to vibe on the good times and leave the bad ones in the past.

edit: Glad you posted Dave I knew those prices were way off, just didn't seem right. And yeah this box is in no way a fluke. He did a 149.8 in competition with a near identical box w/ 1 DC 15" DC Lv. 4XL in his SUV on less power. Fluke couldn't be further from the reality, the only time that word and Dave L. should be in same sentence is when your referring to his fluke meter ;-)

2009 NESPL Most Improved Stock Competitor SPL

To see videos of 1 15" do'n a 150, 2 15's do'n a 150 @ 38-42 hertz and a trunk w/ 4 12's doing a 150 @ 37-39 hertz click this link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamSoundstreamBil

Lol...that was all i could find video wise of ya in the lanes.....and holy shit you blew everything up once in a comp? Seems like all the probs happen when you show up to a show sometimes....i didn't even pay attention to what your score was in that vid.....lol...shit looked loud though!

another reason competing got old after a while.....driving home 3 hours after smoking 3 of 4 coils and at least 2 amps SUCKS. A comp car, i wouldnt give a shit, blow it up! - but my daily driver smoking amps makes me depressed. Its a lot easier to keep it on the road now that i dont go out there and try for every single 10th of a db anymore. In fact, all this fun and internet fame came mostly AFTER i quit competing, so go figure that one LOL!

good day sir!

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

another reason competing got old after a while.....driving home 3 hours after smoking 3 of 4 coils and at least 2 amps SUCKS. A comp car, i wouldnt give a shit, blow it up! - but my daily driver smoking amps makes me depressed. Its a lot easier to keep it on the road now that i dont go out there and try for every single 10th of a db anymore. In fact, all this fun and internet fame came mostly AFTER i quit competing, so go figure that one LOL!

good day sir!

Lol...your a silly fella....but yeah forget #'s.... it's like dating a model....cool to show your friends...but way too much trouble and maintenance ....lol Daily FTMFW!

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

Wow...this is quite an interesting thread. So many things to address in it. I'll do my best to hit all the points..

First off I should introduce myself, I'm Dave Lehneman otherwise known as Dave The Box Guy.

-I held the highest certified score in the world for DB Drag Street Stock A in 2008 (146.7db set in Ottawa, Ontario) at a 3x event judged by PyschoAcoustics ( Bill and Erie). It technically was not a world record since there had not yet been a finals for that class. I did attend WF in 2008 and placed 3rd with borrowed Orion Cobalt subs (6lb paperweights...lol) since I blew mine in testing and was too broke to buy anything in time.

-I was Competitor of the Year for 2009 for NESPL and my boxes were in the cars that won Amateur of the Year 2009 (Kyle Dixon) and Stock Competitor of the Year 2009(Bill G. aka SPLScion). I was also part of the Team of the Year for 2009.

-Most of my prices are very reasonable, particularly for the quality of work you get and the ongoing assistance for competitors that I provide. The example of the $800 box is not typical at all, it was not a simple ported box or an Octo...more like a magic trick...lol The box in question was trying to fit 4 twelves ported into a fullsize Chevy truck without consuming any usable space. If someone knows an easy way to do that while staying in the cab please help him out. At Marlo- if anyone besides Jared says I quoted them that much money, they are flat out lying. Please don't try to steer people away from my business over rumors. I do my best to offer a reasonable price on something top quality. I'm not the lowest price nor do I want to be. Low price comes with a sacrifice of quality or shortcuts, things I'm unwilling to do.

-A lot of competitors here in New England come to me for their boxes because I build loud boxes...pretty simple, not everyone can build

I built this box in question to test the Soundstream XXX-15 in my own truck powered by my RD Audio D9 at .25 ohms with stock alternator and 1 extra battery (Diehard Platinum Group 65,under 800in3). I did a 151.3 at 48hz on the TL, legal on glass, sealed up at ACT Audio in Vernon, CT. Its not a fluke...its a design I've been perfecting for the past year. I have no doubt that it will do over a 150 legal in Bill's Jimmy.

Thanks to those with compliments on the box.

Thank you, now I know what Dave everyone was referring to haha.

Hi Dave, We met at Finals 08, I was hanging with James Toombs.

Nice ride you had then.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Wow...this is quite an interesting thread. So many things to address in it. I'll do my best to hit all the points..

First off I should introduce myself, I'm Dave Lehneman otherwise known as Dave The Box Guy.

-I held the highest certified score in the world for DB Drag Street Stock A in 2008 (146.7db set in Ottawa, Ontario) at a 3x event judged by PyschoAcoustics ( Bill and Erie). It technically was not a world record since there had not yet been a finals for that class. I did attend WF in 2008 and placed 3rd with borrowed Orion Cobalt subs (6lb paperweights...lol) since I blew mine in testing and was too broke to buy anything in time.

-I was Competitor of the Year for 2009 for NESPL and my boxes were in the cars that won Amateur of the Year 2009 (Kyle Dixon) and Stock Competitor of the Year 2009(Bill G. aka SPLScion). I was also part of the Team of the Year for 2009.

-Most of my prices are very reasonable, particularly for the quality of work you get and the ongoing assistance for competitors that I provide. The example of the $800 box is not typical at all, it was not a simple ported box or an Octo...more like a magic trick...lol The box in question was trying to fit 4 twelves ported into a fullsize Chevy truck without consuming any usable space. If someone knows an easy way to do that while staying in the cab please help him out. At Marlo- if anyone besides Jared says I quoted them that much money, they are flat out lying. Please don't try to steer people away from my business over rumors. I do my best to offer a reasonable price on something top quality. I'm not the lowest price nor do I want to be. Low price comes with a sacrifice of quality or shortcuts, things I'm unwilling to do.

-A lot of competitors here in New England come to me for their boxes because I build loud boxes...pretty simple, not everyone can build

I built this box in question to test the Soundstream XXX-15 in my own truck powered by my RD Audio D9 at .25 ohms with stock alternator and 1 extra battery (Diehard Platinum Group 65,under 800in3). I did a 151.3 at 48hz on the TL, legal on glass, sealed up at ACT Audio in Vernon, CT. Its not a fluke...its a design I've been perfecting for the past year. I have no doubt that it will do over a 150 legal in Bill's Jimmy.

Well also Like i said the price was high for me at the time but i didn't say it wasnt reasonable. Had I had the money at the time I would have done it but work was not steady and other things happened that made things tight for a while. Like i said all the boxes I saw had a very unique custom touch to them and you do great work. Just from talking to you for 20 minutes I could tell you know a whole lot more about enclosures than most people even want to know. No disrespect AT ALL. Like I said your boxes and your scores are impressive, Nespl didnt name you competitor of the year for no reason. Im hoping to get out to another show this season and hopefully hit get some numbers finally. Since september I got a new job and took out my backseat finally so I got new equipment and a whole lot more room, Id actually like you to checkout the box I made for the time being and see if you got any tips or any designs that could improve my setup. Look foward to hopefully seeing you again.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

good day sir!

I can feel you on that note, for sure - Hell, no one likes frying their gear just to walk away with bragging rights & a trophy, right? - I think that mentality strays away from the root of things, - which to me, is having a system that can play rap, jazz, classics & tones - which you, Meade, clearly HOLD IT DOWN in that category. I think you should give competing another shot though my man, because who knows, you could be kicking the meters ass and not even know it, while still sounding great in the process! When that Windows 7 update comes around, do a little private testing, and if you like the scores - let us know :)

The REAL YouTube Page

●▬▬▬▬★▬▬^๑۩۩๑^▬▬★▬▬▬▬●

Head Unit - Pioneer DEH-p6000ub

Equalizer - Soon To Come

Amplifiers - (4) Soundstream TX1.2600d's

Subwoofers - (2) Soundstream XXX 18's

Enclosure - 16 Cubic Foot Wall Tuned to 38hz

Power Wire - (200ft) Tsunami 0 Gauge PRO

BIG 3 w/ 8 C&D Batteries

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

Thanks for clarifying Jared.

I'd be glad to offer some advice if you want to send me some pics of your setup. Just send them to my email if you still have it, if not PM me and I'll give it to you.

I do try to do things differently and unique, I think it's more interesting that way.

Ed- I remember you. Wish things had gone very differently at finals but it was cool getting to meet everyone and see some crazy rides too. The lighting on your box was very cool and unique.

Dave The Box Guy

What DB Drag world records has Dave broken?? I don't know him closely but I didn't ever think he broke any Drag records. He makes some super high quality boxes and his Tucson is seriously loud for the small amount of equipment, but his prices are simply ludicrous. I personally know of a few people he quoted $700 or more for a ported enclosure with the "octoport" design he uses.

these are a couple stats i found! and your wayyyyyy off on his prices trust me on that!

154.4 db USACi Stock 601-1800- NH S.R. 2009

152.0 db legal in Stock 4 NESPL

150.6 db legal in Stock 2 NESPL

2009 NESPL Competitor of the Year

Oh the simple things :D

Just imagine what people originally thought when Alan Dante did a 180.5db with one sub lol

LOL!^^^

haha what is this?

how does it hurt anyone if he thinks he is doin a 150?

just let it go man

X2^^^

does anybody have daves web address thanks

http://www.davetheboxguy.com

thanks for clearing some things up dave!

im in mass bro and i love the box dave did for me i havnt metered it or went to any comps just yet cause its still in the build process. im not doing this to get some high numbers as long as its louder and on upgrade than my last, im fine with that! people go overborad over some corny numbers, i mean dont get me wrong it will be nice to see what your actual score is once in awhile but thats not what a setup is all about!

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

I can feel you on that note, for sure - Hell, no one likes frying their gear just to walk away with bragging rights & a trophy, right? - I think that mentality strays away from the root of things, - which to me, is having a system that can play rap, jazz, classics & tones - which you, Meade, clearly HOLD IT DOWN in that category. I think you should give competing another shot though my man, because who knows, you could be kicking the meters ass and not even know it, while still sounding great in the process! When that Windows 7 update comes around, do a little private testing, and if you like the scores - let us know :)

fa show man......and i have been tossing the idea around of building a pure number machine - SPL only, f#ck it.....screws thru the body panel, expanding foam,whatever it takes LOL. The honda was already doing a 154.5 with 2 T4000 i might be able to burp something halfway fierce with that one too although it is tuned low and the port is not ideal for hitting the sensor just right.....it does slam had as hell though.

anyway, im thinking a cargo van of some sort but i will see what comes my way when the time comes and i get the itch again.

chicken is still sorta "on one" so i will have more time on my hands this summer - unless he sobers up and wants more shit done :)

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Archived