Blackedout's DAT 08 Civic SI trunk rebuild UPDATES 10/15/2011 NEW VID!

nice looking car man. I like the wheels a lot, I know those bishes are light as funk. I would bought some BBS too if it was more cost effective. the kicks are super clean, those subs are sexy as funk! Is that enough port area for those beasts?

Thanks, and no the port isn't idea. The idea for the lack of port area was because of two reasons. One, there's no room on the front baffle. Two, if you looked through the first couple of pages, the plan was to run a 3000 watt amp to 2 300 rms subs. We needed to reduce the port area to increase the power handling. Would it be louder in the idea setup off the same power? Probably. 2 12s with a port on the driver side off 3000 RMS would more than likely be louder, but 15s definitely have a different 'wow' factor.

clean civic bro

what year is it?

2008.. tis in the title! lol.

Great looking car! Not a fan of the new civics, but this is one that stands out! :good:

Thanks man. Its been a work in progress for sure.

any vids????? might get more love with some vids???? :shrug:

I'll work on getting some vids up. They will more than likely be from an iphone as I don't own a video camera.

Play it at 1080p or the 'original version'. If anyone wants to shed some light on how to change the resolution or make the quality better, I'm all eyes. It was taken from an Iphone 4, but you get the picture.

poor little car is gonna be pissed once both amps are in there. :ninja:

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

No love? More than a $1000 worth of woofers and I still can't get any love. Guess I should slap a DC sticker on it. :peepwall:

aint that the truth. sad aint it. What you end up getting those auras for. definitely old school. look brand new too.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

very nice build. seems like those subs are doing work.

im gonna be running one of the hellfire 1000.1's soon

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

God I love those subs. Lucky bastard.

x2. One of the first systems I remember hearing when I was growing up was 2 Aura 10's in my buddies uncles Blazer. Always liked them ever since.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

Sweet sounding ride. Nice car and wheels. My friend had an Si just like yours, and that thing can get it going. Props.

2012 GMC SIerra CC

System Build

Headunit--Stock

Sub Amp--DC 2.0k

Subs--2-SA8v2's

Enclosure--Need one made!!

Highs Amp--Sundown SAX-100.4

Front Highs--Rockford Fosgate T2652-S

Rear--Sundown Neo Pro 6.5

XS Power D2400--XS D3400

No Big Three yet!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/raolito1980

No love? More than a $1000 worth of woofers and I still can't get any love. Guess I should slap a DC sticker on it. :peepwall:

aint that the truth. sad aint it. What you end up getting those auras for. definitely old school. look brand new too.

They were off CL, definitely got a steal on them from a kid who didn't know what they were. But they have been nice. The aluminum dust cap resonates slightly when the sub has less than 150 watts to it, but once they get moving, the sound isn't audible.

Thanks for the kudos everyone. If you like the video, subscribe to the channel and I'll do the same. If there's enough love for the build, I'll definitely post more videos and better quality videos.

These subs need to see a little more power. I'm thinking like 2500 clamped. As you can tell in the video, they aren't even struggling. 4" voice coils should be able to handle a little bit of power. I'm running the setup at 2 ohms as the subs are single 4s. So after box rise, who knows where I'm actually at with power. Might need to clamp it one of these days.

Archived