newls1 Posted April 11, 2010 Report Posted April 11, 2010 Come on back!! There are thousands of foreclosures up for sale, including Wellington. Even all those new developments on 441 where the houses went for almost a million dollars during the boom, they are going for peanuts now. Edit: just saw the insurance part... That hasn't changed though. you talking about the homes on 441/forest hill blvd intersection? If I remember correctly, wasn't that called black diamond? or something close to that? Those were very nice homes starting in the 600k-1mill+ range back in 03-04 when the designs were first planned out. however after living in a home with ACRES of land, I can NEVER be without property, and privacy!!! My home is on 2 1/2 acres here in GA, a piece of land in the 2+acre mark would be 1million++++ in Wellington/West Palm/stuart/jupiter/boca/etc....... I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
UnderLoK Posted April 11, 2010 Report Posted April 11, 2010 No one said the biggest dislike yet: Hurricanes!!! When I was living in Lauderdale we got hit by 3 in one year (including Katrina which wasn't bad there), the last one (Wilma I think?) was a monster and I moved shortly there after. It tore the hell out of Lauderdale and Sunrise where I lived and worked. I worked during that last one and it was one of the stupidest things I had ever done. Only two of us showed up at the data center and we worked through it while the servers were melting down due to lack of AC (was more expensive to shut them down than it was to let them fail). Fire alarms started going off and I seriously thought I might die. Had the alarms been going off because of a real fire and we had to leave the building I would have been done for at that point as it was the most intense part of the storm. I remember standing in the lobby with a coworker watching cypress trees the size of my truck flying down the street at 40-50mph with the alarms going off. We decided to search the building for the fire because we couldn't escape. Luckily as it turned out it was just from our servers melting down. I know people have stories that are far worse, but that is mine If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARSCheck out my walled TBSS build over here4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9 DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500 Pioneer X8500 6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S Second Skin 2 270a Mechman Alts
R_Mac_1 Posted April 11, 2010 Report Posted April 11, 2010 I've been down to Florida twice and TBH I didn't think it was all that great. Probably due to the fact both times were in the summer. Always hot and rainy. I have a bunch of family that live in Fort Myers/Lehigh Acres and Naples. Those are basically the only places I've been (well some surrounding areas as well, like Bonita Beach and whatnot). One thing I liked is when it would rain, it would pour like a sonofabitch for an hour or so, then it would clear up, get sunny as hell and two hours later you couldn't even tell it had rained. Up here it's a whole day thing where it's all dark and crappy out all day. Had some amazing fish down there as well. My uncle and I would go to this flea market type place and get these wonderful grouper fillets and go home and cook them bad boys up. Good shit. At my family reunion down there we had a fish fry with grouper and it was great as well. 2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi Pioneer DEH-P6000UB Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active) Sundown SAX-50.4 Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz) Sundown SAX-1200D 2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8 Stock Bose system 12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box Profile AP1000M
jagblazer01 Posted April 11, 2010 Report Posted April 11, 2010 I was down visiting my girls family with her about two weeks ago. I love it down there. They live in Viera and its awsome. Plus you all got the coolest animals in your pet stores haha Team Sundown Audio / Team XS Power / Team SHOK SMD Super Buyer/Sellerwww.sundownaudio.com www.shokindustries.com www.4xspower.com www.excessiveamperage.com
JBurt09 Posted April 11, 2010 Author Report Posted April 11, 2010 No one said the biggest dislike yet: Hurricanes!!! I live in MS, and Katrina Wiped our cost OUT, but I live in North MS. I don't really worry about Hurricanes. And no one said the biggest plus about FL: Disney World!!!! The wifey and I are Disney World addicts. FL is like any state though- The panhandle is a bunch of rednecks, Middle FL is the Swamp, and the beaches have lots more Old folks and Puerto Ricans, Cubans, and Jamaicans. Really diverse state. All you have to do is to drive 30 minutes to completely change your scene and mood. Ha the last one makes me laugh.I live in South Lakeland and within 15 minutes I can drive through the medium side of town with a mix of all cultures, the extremely rich part of town with the $1,000,000+ lake homes and neighborhoods, and a few minutes after that be in the ghettorific scene of Lakeland.It's crazy.
JBurt09 Posted April 11, 2010 Author Report Posted April 11, 2010 I know people have stories that are far worse, but that is mine Dang that is crazy man.I have a 50 foot in-ground pool that is screened in about 18 feet high and I remember during during our wild hurricane year I was watching it sway 3 feet back and forth, just waiting for it to take off.We had to have a lot of it rescreened and repaired.There were trees all over our backyard.....not branches....TREES!That year was a bad one.Honestly I'd have to say we were lucky.I could go on forever about everyone else and what else I saw and the aftermath that I witnessed that was a bagillion times worse than what we got. Had some amazing fish down there as well. My uncle and I would go to this flea market type place and get these wonderful grouper fillets and go home and cook them bad boys up. Good shit. At my family reunion down there we had a fish fry with grouper and it was great as well. You should head out to Cockroach Bay sometime.Everyone heads out there to fish.I'm not much of a fisherman, and don't quite no what they go to catch out there, but I hear of a ton of people going out there to fish and everyone continues to go because they always have wonderful luck.
kingcabon20s Posted April 11, 2010 Report Posted April 11, 2010 Hey jburt Ive lived out in kathleen and on the southside off of alamo was at winghouse every weekend.. Also lived right down the street from LGHS where i went to high school. I miss cruisin 98 an south florida ave on the weekends My seller feedback.
JBurt09 Posted April 11, 2010 Author Report Posted April 11, 2010 Hey jburt Ive lived out in kathleen and on the southside off of alamo was at winghouse every weekend.. Also lived right down the street from LGHS where i went to high school. I miss cruisin 98 an south florida ave on the weekends I drive down Alamo all the time.Right by the wonderful Chick-fil-A.Ha Winghouse is off the chain.When and where did you move to?It must have been fairly recently if you used to chill at the Winghouse.
Mr. Darkjustice Posted April 11, 2010 Report Posted April 11, 2010 so basically what im hearin is once i move to FL i get to come harass some people? Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward The Revolution Was Not Televised But There Is This Thread(clicky) Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc
blackrosetiger Posted April 11, 2010 Report Posted April 11, 2010 No one said the biggest dislike yet: Hurricanes!!! I live in MS, and Katrina Wiped our cost OUT, but I live in North MS. I don't really worry about Hurricanes. And no one said the biggest plus about FL: Disney World!!!! The wifey and I are Disney World addicts. FL is like any state though- The panhandle is a bunch of rednecks, Middle FL is the Swamp, and the beaches have lots more Old folks and Puerto Ricans, Cubans, and Jamaicans. Really diverse state. All you have to do is to drive 30 minutes to completely change your scene and mood. Well lets see back in 04 Polk county had its first MAJOR hurricane (Charlie) in 200 years. So yeah I wouldn't be real worried about them. BTW I'm from Winter Haven (Wahneta). I miss Florida alot. I'd deal with all the faults of Florida. Including the biggest of them all SNOWBIRDS! 1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily) Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet) 5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2 6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9 Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2) Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4 Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.