What Volume Headunits Clip At

• 8 months later...

Not going to read through 30 pages to see if this has been brought up, but can't they vary from unit to unit just like other electronic components? Don't things like input voltage, signal type etc. have alot to do with each individual application, making this more of a starting point or guideline if someone doesn't have the right tools for the job?

If it has already been mentioned, my apologies :deadhorse:

@rockFord_Expedition it has been brought up, maybe not in this thread though. I know I've mentioned it before, due to my 80prs having max clean at 60/62 in my old explorer, but when I bought my Tahoe, I'm good 62/62. Better grounding and voltages I'm sure. 

TL;DR: don't matter what someone else got for clipping volume, tolerances in components and connections will make yours different.

does anyone ever hear the little ticking/cricket noise korean boards make when you turn the gain up and enter clipping?

gee it is a beautiful thing.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

• 2 months later...

Just going to put this out there, electronic components have varying tolerances from 1 part to another identical part. Combine that with multiple different parts will lead to varying results from headunit to headunit even if they are the same model.

That said, the 80prs is still a turd, just like all other pioneer single din radios (except for the p99rs).

56 minutes ago, audiofanaticz said:

Just going to put this out there, electronic components have varying tolerances from 1 part to another identical part. Combine that with multiple different parts will lead to varying results from headunit to headunit even if they are the same model.

That said, the 80prs is still a turd, just like all other pioneer single din radios (except for the p99rs).

Thats an extremely biased comment considering your knowledge and experience, sir. Right or wrong, I think you'd add a lot of weight to your commentary if you provided reasons why you consider it a 'turd'. It has strengths and weaknesses like anything else. 

Matter of fact, opinions arent worth conversation if they arent backed up with facts that made you feel the way you do. Im not saying youre wrong, but i'd like to see it from your perspective.

To me, the interface is the absolute worst part. The cheap knob and lack of face buttons results in having to excessively click around for adjustments. Then again, once its adjused i dont jack around with it too much so thats not a big deal. 

Other than that, im really happy with 3 way active and  the cleanliness of signal. Whats the closest performing head unit youd prefer in an Alpine?

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Archived