Infinity Kappas. 2 or 4ohms?

What I need help figuring out is. Are kappas 2 or 4 ohms. Infinity claims they are 2 ohm but put a "true 4 ohm load" when you add in resistance. How would I wire two sets of these up on 2 channels on a amp. Would series be a 4 ohm load or 6 ohm load? Would parallel be a 2 ohm load or a 1 ohm load?

Edited by Robert8252

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

there 2, i beleave all if not most infinitys are 2ohm

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

mine were 2ohm too. my guess is for efficiancy purposes but not sure. if the sets are all the same then you can wire them up to a 2 channel, if dif sizes etc not the best idea(i did it for a bit but the smaller cant take the power good)

• 2 weeks later...

Ya that set is 2ohm. And its to get more power for those who just run off H/U or thats what i have been told.

(2)12" Rockford Fosgate P3's

(1)AudioQue 1200D

(1)AudioQue 4x90

6.5" Infinity Kappa Components

(2)6" Elemental Design e3.6's

6x9 Infinity Kappa Coax

JVC Arsenal H/U

Ya that set is 2ohm. And its to get more power for those who just run off H/U or thats what i have been told.

hmm never thought about that. But i do know that some head units are not 2 ohm stable. maybe thats why my buddy's stock mazda 3 radio kept blowing fuses lol.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

cant wait till i can afford em

03' NISSAN XTERRA

(1) AQ3500d

(1) AQ4x90

(1) Audio Control Line Driver

(4) DC LVL 4 15's

Cresendo Mids and Highs

100' of 0/guage

Big Three

Mechman 270a Charging @ 16.5v

(6) XS D1400's

Highest Termlab Score 149.9 at the kick & 166.1 in the Port/ on stock electrical and 1 DC XL M1

Updated JUNE 2012*****MY BUILD LOG

USACI REGION 6 POINTS LEADER 2011

USACI KANSAS RECORD HOLDER 2011

Team DC

dcletterhead.jpg

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

They are 2ohm because your factory wiring is (in theory) suppose to add 2ohms in addition; thus your amp "sees" close to a true 4ohm load, or lower. Thus, simple speaker swap= more power output/higher spl.

We all know wire adds resistance; maybe not much, but when you are trying to get the most from everything this little trick could prove great technology for car audio.

lol, decks can run @2ohm stereo if need be

pioneer makes some decks with the rear channels to be able to be bridged @4ohm to a small sub

i ran my pioneer 4700 @2ohm stereo and it worked ok, i had coax's up front and in rear wit cheap tweets added to em cause how the factory mounted the speaker u couldn't hear the tweet so i had to add some somewere else

but in thery a fullrange mids n highs amp can be ran at a lower ohm than a sub amp due to 6&1/2's dont need much power to get em moveing and my buddy ran a 2ch @1ohm stereo that was 2ohm stable and had no problem wit it so i unno, u could try it

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

x2 they are 2ohm, had me comfused too at first when I was buying replacement tweeters. (got a bad 1 in one of my sets broken wire or something and bought off ebay no warraty)

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"