Second Skin Audio

I was approached to make some 21"s, since I had some 21" frames, but couldn't get any 21" cones, So well, we finally came to the conclusion, well, maybe some 18s that can sound like 21"s. Started thinking about displacement, and Fs. Started coming up with some 18s that will be able to play lower than most 18s, with more excursion than most.

Came up with some 3" coils with 3" winding width, 9" long throw design spiders, capable of 4" total excursion ( maybe 2.5" linear ) Used some cones I had laying around that have soft low Fs surrounds.

I finally came up with these

High excursion, about 1800rms, low Fs, low Qts, musical beasts

DSCN2603.jpg

DSCN2594.jpg

Custom leaded spiders, dual lead with ring terminals

DSCN2604.jpg

DSCN2605.jpg

DSCN2606.jpg

DSCN2607.jpg

Unfortunately due to no more motors, and very low stock on 18" cones, I may not be doing any more 18s for a long time

So if anyone is looking for custom ground up subs, or reconed 18"s, it wont be happening for some time

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

damn those look amazing nice job

*** SuperSeller Status Verified *** ( http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers/ )

"kevosinn's" astro van
8 custom Sundown Zv4 18's
4 Sundown scv 6000's
CNF Distribution CNC parts
Skyhigh wire

some batteries

SMD Meters and tools used on the install
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172877-kevosinns-vanwest-coast-skyhigh-car-audio-vehicle/

16,000 watt walled silverado build.
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161965-walled-silverado-4-hdc4-15s-4-crescendo-3500s-and-much-more/

8,000 watt 1999 Subaru legacy outback. Build log here: http://www.stevemead...ru/page__st__60

TEAM CNF Distribution

Man these are sweet! I can't wait to get my hands on them. Thanks fir everything bumpn

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

Man these are sweet! I can't wait to get my hands on them. Thanks fir everything bumpn

I think you will love them

no, you better love them

lol

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

those are pretty nice beasts. this is kinda wy i wish i could use 18"s but lack of space to use....for now :peepwall:

Nuts.. I was gonna get 3 recones from you for my 18's and those are basically what I wanted to build lol.

Only catch is I dont know if my motors are deep enough for the excursion or not, and I THINK they have 4" coils....

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

What are the motors from?

I have some nice 4" coil 18" cones, really ridged, and light

And I have some nice long throw 4" coils, and 9" spiders that fit most 18" frames

Edited by Forevrbumpn
sundown.jpg