Sonic Electronix

One woofer moving more than the other

There is one rca coming from the sub out on the alpine going to the back, then they are split with a y-adapter. Daisey chaining them seems to only work when strapped.

hmm what brand? maybe it gets weak through the y connector? change them around n see what happens? quik n easy to try out

Use a DMM to test the coil impedance, check all of your preamp output voltages, and see if each amp is getting the same voltage from the battery. Along with what I said before about switching the amps and subs you should find out the problem. Those are all the things I would try right away.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

how much more is the one moving? this may sound dumb but depending on where you are standing it could look like one is moving more. make sure you are looking at them with your head in the middle.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

With the dmm put the +,- from the dmm on the speaker terminals on the amp and it'll tell you the ohm load for that sub.

My dual 4s always sit at 2.2-2.3 each in parallel

An Audio Technix 18" Strato on a Kicker KX120.2

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

I've bought from JBurt09, OrionStang, bcpballer64, LoudNLow931, audioman21, and CJ18 from here (as refs)

7j2.png

I had the same thing happen to my two MTX Terminators, but they're gone now... The left one moved a little bit less than the right one, but my situation was totally different. My problem was the neg. connector (on the left one) that connected the wires from inside to outside the box was busted and I kinda taped it so I was guessing that was the reason in my situation. But I got new subs and an amp and wired em so they didn't go thru the busted connector and they both move the same now... Don't know if that helps or not, but that's what happened to me.

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-Alpine KTP-445 Power Pack

-Polk Audio db6501 (front components)

-Polk Audio db651 (back coaxials)

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Custom box tuned to 33Hz

- Kinetik HC1400

- 50 ft2 of Audio Technix sound deadner

- Big 3

My photography page

I felt the reality is, that 1 amp ist stronger than the other, like the diffrences in W-RMS u can see on the birthsheeds of RF-amps.

I was thinking that, but...if the output is the same at 47.9 for both amps, this shouldn't matter.

I will spend alot more time outside working on it tomorrow. All my wires are zip tied and tucked away so that is going to make it more fun. Not to mention, I can't take the subs out without sliding the box out. Good for keeping it away from thieves, bad for inspecting coils and wiring by yourself :P

Thanks for all the help so far guys, SMD members rock.

2000 Blazer 4dr

-24" Boss 330s

-Lowered 2/3

-5000k Hids w Projector Retro

-Candy tails

-LED interior lighting

-20% tint 35% windshield

-Alpine 9886 HU

-RF P1462 Dash

-RF P1652 Front

-RF P1652 Rear

-Two 18" Fi BTLs

-MB Quart Onyx 4.80

-Two Audioque AQ2200Ds

-Xs Powerr D5100, 2 Powersafe G31s

-Knukoncepts 1/0 wire

-Mechman 270 Alt w Boost Module

-10.4 Net @ 28hz 140sq.inch of port

My Youtube Channel!!

I said earlier that the amps are tuned the same and one amp with the lazy woofer is at 1/2 input sensitivity (gain) and the one that is wangin is the amp that is at 3/4 gain.

I called aq about why I have to have my gains so high and its because I have weak input signal from splitting it, so the input sensitivity needs to be higher ( physically closer to .2) to match the headunit.

I was thinking what if i just put them both at 3/4 gain and disregard the output reading on the dmm? Sounds like a bad idea to me :P

2000 Blazer 4dr

-24" Boss 330s

-Lowered 2/3

-5000k Hids w Projector Retro

-Candy tails

-LED interior lighting

-20% tint 35% windshield

-Alpine 9886 HU

-RF P1462 Dash

-RF P1652 Front

-RF P1652 Rear

-Two 18" Fi BTLs

-MB Quart Onyx 4.80

-Two Audioque AQ2200Ds

-Xs Powerr D5100, 2 Powersafe G31s

-Knukoncepts 1/0 wire

-Mechman 270 Alt w Boost Module

-10.4 Net @ 28hz 140sq.inch of port

My Youtube Channel!!

I said earlier that the amps are tuned the same and one amp with the lazy woofer is at 1/2 input sensitivity (gain) and the one that is wangin is the amp that is at 3/4 gain.

I called aq about why I have to have my gains so high and its because I have weak input signal from splitting it, so the input sensitivity needs to be higher ( physically closer to .2) to match the headunit.

I was thinking what if i just put them both at 3/4 gain and disregard the output reading on the dmm? Sounds like a bad idea to me :P

Did you try swapping the subs yet to see if its just the amp?

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

Archived