How much clipping is too much?

i guess it really depends on the system ie: power, electrical, airspace, subs, and how comfortable you feel with your subs. i try to limit AS MUCH clipping as possible onmy system but a little here and there doesnt hurt the btls.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Check out the new Paul Wall album on WMP...that's clipping, except for On Patron and I think one other track :)

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

I play anything had doesn't have audible clipping, yes major clipping is audible, some music is clipped/distorted to give a specific sound.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

I play anything had doesn't have audible clipping, yes major clipping is audible, some music is clipped/distorted to give a specific sound.

What do you mean with the last part?

Only rock music should be clipped.(well i mean music with a electric guitar in it.):P

to respond to the title, audible clipping is too much for me.(but i can hear clipping/distortion fast :P)

Or if u're subs blow from a certain song, then it's too much. :pardon:

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

You can also see when you subs are clipping... espcially on a song with sweeps such as put on... the cone of the woofer will say 1" back and fourth but while maintaining 1" of the excursion the cone will "float" in and out... Kind of hard to explain lemme see if I can find a youtube video of what I mean.... The was a real good example of it on a 15 or 18" BTL sealed off from the trunk.

Found it, also notice after some bass notes end it pull back in real weird.... Thats not always the framerate of the camera... If you have even seen someone clip there subs hardcore in person watch it will do the exact same thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU3nZ-l4vxg&feature=related

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Haha wanna hear major clipping for a certain horrid sound...never ever play this in your car, clipped and sounds like ass

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

what about swing my door? lol.

edit: lmfao at these youtube comments for this song

"Damn. The bass is beastly. Haha can't wait to download the bass boosted track ;)"

"I got two JL13.5 W7's with two Rock.Fosgate T-2000 power series amps and i just was playin this song over the weekend and now I just found three cracks in my windshield from it!!! damn!!! be careful playin this shit in tha whip son!!!"

"god help us. there isnt a sub in existence that can handle this bass...." yea cause they all get destroyed playing this song.

You can also see when you subs are clipping... espcially on a song with sweeps such as put on... the cone of the woofer will say 1" back and fourth but while maintaining 1" of the excursion the cone will "float" in and out... Kind of hard to explain lemme see if I can find a youtube video of what I mean.... The was a real good example of it on a 15 or 18" BTL sealed off from the trunk.

Found it, also notice after some bass notes end it pull back in real weird.... Thats not always the framerate of the camera... If you have even seen someone clip there subs hardcore in person watch it will do the exact same thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU3nZ-l4vxg&feature=related

Woah whats that caused from? The music or just a really bad tune on the amp lol.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

i just go by the clip light on my stetsom and play most decaf honda and pimpin music lol. havent really touch any of my old cds since i started usin theirs

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

i just go by the clip light on my stetsom and play most decaf honda and pimpin music lol. havent really touch any of my old cds since i started usin theirs

I wish I could use cd's...they start to skip at about 20 volume for me lmao

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

Archived