High End Component recommendations?

jdubs

Try some Re's

Lol, only thing worth a crap from RE is the XXX mid...

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Try finding a bad review anywhere on the internet about the Polk MM series. I have 24 of them. Lots of bass and really smooth tweeters, you can put your ear right on them and nothing but eargasms. I'm too poor to get their SR series, but apparently they sound like the $5K Focals? And they all use neodymium magnets so they're super light and efficient. Plus there's 2 MM subs on youtube that are supporting the back wheels of a Jeep. Damn I should be a salesman.

Google it

Try finding a bad review anywhere on the internet about the Polk MM series. I have 24 of them. Lots of bass and really smooth tweeters, you can put your ear right on them and nothing but eargasms. I'm too poor to get their SR series, but apparently they sound like the $5K Focals? And they all use neodymium magnets so they're super light and efficient. Plus there's 2 MM subs on youtube that are supporting the back wheels of a Jeep. Damn I should be a salesman.

I'll give you one, they suck and make your ears ring. They aren't warm at all and Polk has been making garbage for years now. 15 years ago they made fantastic tweets, but now, they make bargain bin garbage.

Back in the 90's you could get clear warm sound from Polk, MBQ, BA, etc. but all of those companies have changed gears to making crap for the masses and are now "great for the money" companies. When I got back into car audio I was hell bent on replacing the 3 sets of MBQ Refs (from 97) I gave away 18 months ago when I thought I was never doing another install and when I started to look around I figured out with a quickness that my favorite tweets were gone replaced with $89 components on up to a staggering $189?! My MBQ's were over $600 in the 90's...

Stay away from mainstream like the plague. I snagged my TRC60's for two reasons... 1) They were cheap 2) The mids weren't too shabby - I H A T E them... They S U C K! I can't wait to sell off all this crap (amps, alts, etc) and get some real comps. Problem being finding a forking dealer (the 2 high end shops around here went tits up during dot bomb). I see a future in un-warrantied gear from an unauthorized dealer in my future :(

EDIT: I'm not trying to be a dick man, but "good for the money" and "good" are not the same thing.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

they do i loves minei laughed hard at that

Lol I've never heard anything bad about the XXX's... I was going to buy some last year but decided on rf's instead.

Buy what I have. Daddy likes his Rainbows.

O man another brand is introduced... Lol. Will check em out :)

Just get the DD germans. You wont be dissapointed. I dont think Id trade mine for nothing. Wish they would release the 3" german mids tho. Im tired of waiting

These are probably top of the list right now... with hertz in a close second(if i can find somebody to ship me some!)

I'll give you one, they suck and make your ears ring. They aren't warm at all and Polk has been making garbage for years now. 15 years ago they made fantastic tweets, but now, they make bargain bin garbage.Back in the 90's you could get clear warm sound from Polk, MBQ, BA, etc. but all of those companies have changed gears to making crap for the masses and are now "great for the money" companies. When I got back into car audio I was hell bent on replacing the 3 sets of MBQ Refs (from 97) I gave away 18 months ago when I thought I was never doing another install and when I started to look around I figured out with a quickness that my favorite tweets were gone replaced with $89 components on up to a staggering $189?! My MBQ's were over $600 in the 90's...Stay away from mainstream like the plague. I snagged my TRC60's for two reasons... 1) They were cheap 2) The mids weren't too shabby - I H A T E them... They S U C K! I can't wait to sell off all this crap (amps, alts, etc) and get some real comps. Problem being finding a forking dealer (the 2 high end shops around here went tits up during dot bomb). I see a future in un-warrantied gear from an unauthorized dealer in my future :(EDIT: I'm not trying to be a dick man, but "good for the money" and "good" are not the same thing.

Lmao damn. But I know what you mean. Mainstream only sounds good until you hear a high end set up. Hopefully it doesn't come to buying from an unauthorized dealer... I'm sure people on here would be more than happy to help you out. I don't see why not?

Kenwood DDX 514

DD M3a

DD 9512G

RF 600.4

RF power series 6x8s

lots of zero ga.

Whats coming: Kenwood Excelon screen, DD high end comps, DD 4ch, XS batteries

Archived