Sonic Electronix

The most stupid car audio rumors

By the way a square wave is NOT DC current even if you guys think it has the characteristics. Most of the time its changing polarity 30+ times per second.

And I stand corrected ...Power kills subs not heat, although they are closely connected.

regardless of how you argue this...a square wave is alternating DC. it will go to, say + 80 volts for a period, then instantly (or effectively instantly) to -80 volts for a period. this period is DC. between these periods are called transients, when the voltage ALTERNATES to the opposite polarity of DIRECT current. /argument

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

My local shop doesn't carry Alpine becasue they are a "horrible brand."

They also told me that Alpine is going to stop selling products to the USA in a few years....... What???

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Common rumor I hear is that anybody can do 150 dB, or anybody can do 160 dB if they had the subs and power.

haha, just try it. it takes work.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Some of the best ones I hear is.

How long should I break in my sub when I get it. If you wanted sloppy loose subs then buy used.

I am building a "half wall" WTF is a half wall? You mean a large box sitting on your backseat? Half walls are for half cool people.

and more wire strands helps with skin affect. Not sure how you get frequency changes in DC, but ummm ok. Ya might as well get the plastic power stripe in your wire too

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Sony is coming out with new xplods that break glass up to a half mile radius...

Also that my bazooka tube cracked my front windshield

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

""Don't get the dash kits from wal mart because they melt in the summer time. " - stereo shop

LOL I laughed so hard I thought I was gonna pass out

Teamflexissueslong.jpg1995 Sonoma with camper shellJVC KD-R900(12) Incriminator Audio Lethal Injection 15s

Crescendo BC5500 ( sent to me not 18v capable)(7) XS Power d1600(2) 350amp Mike Singer AltsStripper Pole FTW

Member Build Under ConstructionYoutube Videos

Some of the best ones I hear is.

How long should I break in my sub when I get it. If you wanted sloppy loose subs then buy used.

I am building a "half wall" WTF is a half wall? You mean a large box sitting on your backseat? Half walls are for half cool people.

and more wire strands helps with skin affect. Not sure how you get frequency changes in DC, but ummm ok. Ya might as well get the plastic power stripe in your wire too

the skin effect thing is one of my favorites... I'd rather use solid copper bars than wire for power

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

Lol I can't believe anyone hasn't said this one yet..."it's ok to mix different types of subs." my sisters douche bag boyfriend told me this. He's a lil punk 18 year old kid who has 2 12s, one Pyle and one Memphis, and powered off a 300w xplode with the "power knob" all the way up. Oh and it's a ported box with a slot port that's like 3/4" wide and about 8" long. Lmao

is he local? please tell me he lives near us...please tell me this...This poor boy needs an education

Principal

Lol he lives in apple valley. He's the kinda guy that no matter what you tell him he plays it off like he don't care and goes back to being Mr. Cool douchbag. Lol my sister even knows not to mix subs and she even tried telling him!

Archived