Sonic Electronix

The most stupid car audio rumors

I think you're the one sir who lacks comprehension. You obviously could not build the box, and although there are many who can not, this logic does not make prefab better. It just means you'll have to sacrifice and get a smaller incorrectly tuned box not built with the specific sub and install in mind.

Just because someone can not build a box does not make the prefab better. It may be the users only choice but that choice will NEVER be better

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

whenever you make a fiberglass box bondo isn't needed. i told him have fun sanding

SKAR_468x60.jpg

1998 Nissan 200sx

NOW:

Dex-p98r head

Planet Audio 300.4 mids and highs

Planet Audio/Pioneer tweeters/crossovers

Skar SK1500.1

3 SKAR Vvx15 dual 4 wired at .63

this is one i used to hear at a shop I worked at back in 94 ..............." how many watts that speaker got".....

2 12" Jeff Vue Customs
1 set MB Quart FSB 216 in doors
1 American Bass 100.1 on sub
1 Hertz EP2 on doors
JVC deck IPOD control
Stock 105 amp alt
DD-1
big 3
new build in Chevy caviler http://www.stevemead...chevy-cavalier/

last set up in the ZX2 http://www.stevemead...-current-build/

old build log http://www.stevemead...-1998-ford-zx2/

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, debt is the money of slaves. Just my .02c

that shop needs keep those doors open so they have to charge for it

if people think 10k is a lot then they should get into other hobbies.. like masturbating, cause any hobby cost money to maintain

Lol no, I'm smarter than that bro haha. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..............go fuck yourself lol

this is one i used to hear at a shop I worked at back in 94 ..............." how many watts that speaker got".....

lulz.

people always say that their friends 2 12's will be louder than my 1 18 because "they gots a 2000 watt amp" when i tell them i only have about 1000 running to mine.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

I think you're the one sir who lacks comprehension. You obviously could not build the box, and although there are many who can not, this logic does not make prefab better. It just means you'll have to sacrifice and get a smaller incorrectly tuned box not built with the specific sub and install in mind.

Just because someone can not build a box does not make the prefab better. It may be the users only choice but that choice will NEVER be better

exactly.

im sorry for not getting as specific as saying "a person" instead of "you". i have no idea what that guy can or cant build i was just making a point and it wasnt "you" in my examples. wasnt personal but you took it that way so it hints at the "noob" part again.

sure if you(a person) build a shit box your(a person's) 1st time then you(a person) have a shit box. but now you(a person) build another one and its a little better each time. now, not only do you(a person) have a good box, but you(a person) also know more and arnt such a dumb ass who thinks a prefab box is better. ah shit there i go getting personal. :pardon:

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Polyfil can be used in a ported box btw.

yes can be, but i can not see the logic of intentionally changing the tuning of your box. maybe if the tuning was incorrect....but still....i just dont see it as logical.

but the use of polyfill wasnt my point at showing his idiocy. i was pointing at the fact he was using mattress stuffing, not polyfill at all, it was just stuffed into the chamber, and his thoughts on how it was supposed to work were pretty inaccurate. most likely what some jimmy rigger thought and told him.

a rattling license plate means a system is loud

Build in progress

Alpine CDEHD-138BT

Alpine SPX-17PRO 2x

Alpine SWS-15d2 2x

Alpine PDX-V9 2x

Alpine PDX-M12

Stinger SPC5050

Stinger 1/0ga and 4ga

Audioquest interconnects and Speaker wire

Dynomat 10455 mega bulk pak

Dynomat 1/8 and 1/4 liner

All that in a Reg cab truck and it wont be a blow though

exactly.

im sorry for not getting as specific as saying "a person" instead of "you". i have no idea what that guy can or cant build i was just making a point and it wasnt "you" in my examples. wasnt personal but you took it that way so it hints at the "noob" part again.

sure if you(a person) build a shit box your(a person's) 1st time then you(a person) have a shit box. but now you(a person) build another one and its a little better each time. now, not only do you(a person) have a good box, but you(a person) also know more and arnt such a dumb ass who thinks a prefab box is better. ah shit there i go getting personal. :pardon:

lol, well what else are we supposed to think when he said he went to shops to see how much it would cost for him to get them to build a box. usually...the only people i see pay someone to build the box is because they can not build it....but $300 does not even seem too bad for someone who can not build or design boxes. here in alaska, people have paid up to $1000 for boxes. and mind you these are not fully customized glassed enclosures.

and skittles, you bring up a VERY good point. no one jumps out of the womb with mad box building skills. some have a knack, others dont, but regardless of any inherent affinity for wood work, we all start somewhere and can say honestly, some of my first boxes were so ugly as shit. and when they got pretty, werent functional.

which leads me to something i heard when i first started audio and building boxes. i was told building ported boxes were stupid and sealed were way better because they didnt keep pushing the air out. the subs could focus on making good sounds instead of creating new airwaves.

WTF??

lol

Are you serious?

lol

Lets be honest! 18" subs do suck for music! If they were top notch sq drivers people would run them in high end listening rooms. Now everyone beat me down now! I have 18"'s myself And no I could find a better sounding 12" driver by closing my eyes. That doesnt mean I hate my 18" It is what it is. Clean undistorted crazy output. Not very detailed thats for sure. Playing fast transients with a speed bass player is gonna be all over the place! Let the beat down commence!

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

Archived