Second Skin Audio

Let's Welcome the NEW Owners of Second Skin!

another guy with the second skin here. need to order up more to do my doors but my truck(a 98 at that) rides so quiet with just the roof floor and back cab wall done. I cant wait to squash the rest of the road noise.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I have Damp Pro throughout my whole ride...

Another layer would be awesome, SOO I second the sale!!! LOL

:drinks:

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

Theres a SS TEAM?

If so I WANT IN!

well affiliate sponsorships.

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I have Damp Pro throughout my whole ride...

Another layer would be awesome, SOO I second the sale!!! LOL

sale did i hear sale?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Personally I think they should use all their products on their vehicles. Then they can literally show people the application of where to put it, and how much is needed.

As for myself, and my megacab.....I am going to be a very very poor man once I am able to get everything needed to make "Tomb like silence".

not trying to sound baller or anything but ive spent alot money on second skin myself. and my car is pretty quiet when its put together... BUT going from managable to tomb like is exponentially more expensive. and if you got bass something is going to get loose at some time.

Hence why i recommened just the shop pack and speakers for the Odyssey. keep it simple plenty of midbass and it would be very quiet with just the damp pro.... something still somewhat affordable.

For ken if hes throwing big bass then tomb like is sorta out the window too. so plenty to make it not rattle but not really over the top either. Most products overlap in what they do and people wont be as amazed by a tomb like car that has 10k worth of shit in it then a good very quiet car that has 1k or 1500

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

• 2 weeks later...

Recently purchased a shop pack of D pro, 80sq ft. Stayed up all night ripping interior out and install ss. The difference in the quality of the sound that you hear is what is amazing to me. Its a great product and would recommend it to anyone that is going to have retarded bass, its a must.

03' NISSAN XTERRA

(1) AQ3500d

(1) AQ4x90

(1) Audio Control Line Driver

(4) DC LVL 4 15's

Cresendo Mids and Highs

100' of 0/guage

Big Three

Mechman 270a Charging @ 16.5v

(6) XS D1400's

Highest Termlab Score 149.9 at the kick & 166.1 in the Port/ on stock electrical and 1 DC XL M1

Updated JUNE 2012*****MY BUILD LOG

USACI REGION 6 POINTS LEADER 2011

USACI KANSAS RECORD HOLDER 2011

Team DC

dcletterhead.jpg

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

I don't have any second skin, but I would cover about 25% (more than 25% and it stops working as a vibration dampener and becomes the same as adding mass which it performed better by LLP) of your sheet metal in the car with damp pro and then a layer of luxury liner pro through out the entire ride. The damp pro prevents the metal from vibrating and the llp blocks out external noises like road noise.

As far as her ride, I would find a nice 8-10" and put it in a sealed box either glassed under a seat, or into the side panel, upgrade the stock speakers to a nice set of components and be done with it unless she wants a better HU which isn't a bad idea.

For his ride, I would step it up to a 12", again sealed, with some higher end components, amp for mids/highs and something like this so that his stock HU can bu utilized.