SMD/LVL 5 Warhorse F150. 10/18 new XS POWER

Ok this goes to everyone and i do mean everyone the next person that steps in here talking shit to someone else and not commenting on CJ's Build will be taking a Vacation just so we are clear..Im not taking sides here this is supposed to be a build log not a Bitch Fest

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

I dont get why ppl keep bashing you CJ... seriously if you dont own a Truck you wont realize how ifficult it is compared to a suv... sometimes even a car.

Also DC Derrik what makes you the expert on his vehicle, his box designs and his equipment? hmm?

Seriously man just chill out and leave his build if all your going to do is bash his work and his equipment! Theres no need for that, we put up build logs for posistive remarks that can help us, not put us down. If you think his box is wrong design him a box and build have him build and see what results he gets. How about that.. and IIRC you didn't build your wall.

Also whats wrong with tunning lower? maybe think the subs perform better in with a lower tunning. Some subs are designed and perform better in lower tunning.

So far the lower tuning has given my best results.

i own a truck :werd_msword:

Arent truck so fun.

have you seen gotz1lungs build in his truck? he does a 47 with 2 15 XLs on 800w.... and i was there when he built it... and they are almost identical vehicles.....

so if aaron can do similar numbers on 800w i would hate to see what he could do with 2 18s and 10kw in his....

and some one already designed him a box, he edited it to tune it lower and chopped the port area...

and if it was just a regular box i would have did my build... but it wasnt, I didnt want to blow my money and risk me building a wall the way we built it..

yes someone else designed me a box and I did edit it SO I COULD FIT THE SMDs IN THE BOX with a 15 in mounting depth I cant just go with a big ass port the subs wont fit in the box. I also wanted the box tuned lower than the 33 hz I was given in the design. If it will make you happy I built the port removable and have a 35 hz port that I can put it to do numbers. But for me 150+ at 35 hz is much more impressive that 150+ at 40hz and up.

If you want to tell me I dont know what I am doing, remember that I have gotten a 153 out of this truck before. I am going back to the design I had for the Solo Xs and see what it will do for me. The SMDs are just a different bread of sub and yeah im can give them 5k each but that still doesnt come close to pushing them to their limit. Now when I give the LVL 5 5k I am going to be closer to pushing that 3" coil to its limit for music.

Shoot think how much louder your LVL 5s would be if you were giving them an extra 2k each. With your power The XLs would probably put up better numbers.

really? really.... multiple people have said his box was wrong, and ive been telling him if he wants #s... which seems to be what he wants... to quit tuning so low and expect great numbers...

with a bigger box, yes, less room to pressurize which means its easier to get loud...

the only time i posted a negative comment was on this page... because its the truth, his boxes were fucked, if you dont like it why dont you post something that helps instead of trying to bash me...

and people have given him designs... which would have worked... and he edited them and they didnt work....

do you even read what you post half the time?

Yeah I went with a lower tuning on this box just to see how I liked it. I WASNT expecting numbers out of this one but hey I got a 150 at 35hz, Thats damn good. ALL OF MY OTHER BOXES HAVE BEEN TUNED 34-36HZ I dont think you have grasped that yet.

I can go with a bigger box if I dont want to be able to see out my back window or be able to lean my seats back. But hey who would want to be comfortable or be able to see when they are driving.

Also through my experiences with this truck taller boxes arent as loud. with the Solo Xs the box that did a 153 was 26in tall. I built a box with the same exact airspace and port but built it 30in tall so that I could shrink the depth down so I could lean my seats back and that box only did a 151.5.

I have a good idea what is going to work in my truck an whats not. Its just a matter of figuring out what the SMDs like. So far they seem to like 5.5cubes after displacements each and about 50 sqin of port each.

You are talking from your experience with DCs which are just a completely different than the SMDs.

I have been given 1 design in which the only thing I changed was the size of the port so that the subs would fit, so dont go acting like I changed the entire concept of the box. I didnt change anything but the port.

Ok this goes to everyone and i do mean everyone the next person that steps in here talking shit to someone else and not commenting on CJ's Build will be taking a Vacation just so we are clear..Im not taking sides here this is supposed to be a build log not a Bitch Fest

Thanks you....Im not trying to create crap or arguments but I will defend myself and my build if someone wants to bash it.

Thanks you....Im not trying to create crap or arguments but I will defend myself and my build if someone wants to bash it.

I wasnt aiming towards you...It is your build log and i dont fault you for getting upset. I was talkin to all the rest taht were bitchin and complaining and fighting over stupid shit..They are F*****G up this thread and it gets old fast

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

So far the lower tuning has given my best results.

Arent truck so fun.

yes someone else designed me a box and I did edit it SO I COULD FIT THE SMDs IN THE BOX with a 15 in mounting depth I cant just go with a big ass port the subs wont fit in the box. I also wanted the box tuned lower than the 33 hz I was given in the design. If it will make you happy I built the port removable and have a 35 hz port that I can put it to do numbers. But for me 150+ at 35 hz is much more impressive that 150+ at 40hz and up.

If you want to tell me I dont know what I am doing, remember that I have gotten a 153 out of this truck before. I am going back to the design I had for the Solo Xs and see what it will do for me. The SMDs are just a different bread of sub and yeah im can give them 5k each but that still doesnt come close to pushing them to their limit. Now when I give the LVL 5 5k I am going to be closer to pushing that 3" coil to its limit for music.

Shoot think how much louder your LVL 5s would be if you were giving them an extra 2k each. With your power The XLs would probably put up better numbers.

Yeah I went with a lower tuning on this box just to see how I liked it. I WASNT expecting numbers out of this one but hey I got a 150 at 35hz, Thats damn good. ALL OF MY OTHER BOXES HAVE BEEN TUNED 34-36HZ I dont think you have grasped that yet.

I can go with a bigger box if I dont want to be able to see out my back window or be able to lean my seats back. But hey who would want to be comfortable or be able to see when they are driving.

Also through my experiences with this truck taller boxes arent as loud. with the Solo Xs the box that did a 153 was 26in tall. I built a box with the same exact airspace and port but built it 30in tall so that I could shrink the depth down so I could lean my seats back and that box only did a 151.5.

I have a good idea what is going to work in my truck an whats not. Its just a matter of figuring out what the SMDs like. So far they seem to like 5.5cubes after displacements each and about 50 sqin of port each.

You are talking from your experience with DCs which are just a completely different than the SMDs.

I have been given 1 design in which the only thing I changed was the size of the port so that the subs would fit, so dont go acting like I changed the entire concept of the box. I didnt change anything but the port.

i never said you changed everything, i stated what you changed, you changed the port area and tuning frequency....

I hope you get a good design that works and is loud to you... really I do.. which is why i said you shouldnt have changed the design or rather, the port and port area

have you tried subs up and port up? with the port being in the middle? that would give you enough room to mount the smds

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I wasnt aiming towards you...It is your build log and i dont fault you for getting upset. I was talkin to all the rest taht were bitchin and complaining and fighting over stupid shit..They are F*****G up this thread and it gets old fast

Gotcha no problems here. Im gonna get to work tonight so I can have some build for ppl to talk about instead of arguing.

i never said you changed everything, i stated what you changed, you changed the port area and tuning frequency....

I hope you get a good design that works and is loud to you... really I do.. which is why i said you shouldnt have changed the design

I had not choice but to change the design. In the box the Hugh G Rection sent me the total height was 25.5" tall. this leaves me with 24 in of mounting depth. now his port was 6.75" with a double layered port which now leaves me with 15.75" of mounting depth. The SMD has a mounting depth of 15" yeah it would fit but I didnt want the back of the sub that close to the port wall. I also wanted the box to be 25" tall to stay right under the back window. This is why I had to change the port size from 6.75" to 5 3/8" to get my tuning where I want and for the sub to fit.

Ever run across your mind of trying a 8 or 10" aeroport in the center firing up with the subs?

Works great in extended cab s-10's :)

edit: console looks great btw.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

This is so comical at best, someone find me one really loud person in a 04-08 body style f150 that is really loud please..that's because there is none, some vehicles are really hard to get loud, some are not, take it or leave it these trucks are

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Archived