fuuuuuuuuu screw you optima

I don't understand why people keep having problems with optima batteries. I have had my 2 now for almost a year and a half and they work great maybe just bad luck.

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Deck- Sony XAV-60 in-dash mobile video system

Speakers- Rockford Punch 6.5in comps in the front and coax in the rear

Subs- 2 Gen 3 Rockford P3 12's dual 4 ohm

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

Wiring- all rockford nuff said

Enclosure- Dual 12in custom box by SRQ

Battery- Optima Yellow top with big 3 done

Sound Damping- All Dynamat products 1-2 layers throughout with liner on top

rockford-fosgate-logo.gif

Link to my build log- http://down4sound.co...=newpost&t=5275

Link to my youtube- http://www.youtube.c...ser/Jville140db

MECP Advanced CEA # 110531

BassBox 6 Pro for Box Building/Re audio box calculator

If you can hear the passenger it aint loud enough!!!!!!!

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

this one has never powered so much as a single led bulb. ill clean the dust off it and take a picture. the label is even still shiny.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I will try to not buy Optimas when I upgrade my batt.

But a friend of mine uses a Blue Optima for more than 5 years in his small car (Renault Clio diesel 1.9), and he always had a system in it.

He runs 4 Sundown saz 1000 and a JBL Crown bpx 300.4( 4 x 125 rms at 4 ohms), with the big 3 in 0 ga and a 120 A alt (stock was 60A).

He stays at 14.4 - 14.1 v on the highway, but can't play very long (less than 10 min) at iddle!!!clapping.gif

He will buy 2 or 3 XS when money comes. Hopefully sooner than later !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

I will try to not buy Optimas when I upgrade my batt.

But a friend of mine uses a Blue Optima for more than 5 years in his small car (Renault Clio diesel 1.9), and he always had a system in it.

He runs 4 Sundown saz 1000 and a JBL Crown bpx 300.4( 4 x 125 rms at 4 ohms), with the big 3 in 0 ga and a 120 A alt (stock was 60A).

He stays at 14.4 - 14.1 v on the highway, but can't play very long (less than 10 min) at iddle!!!clapping.gif

He will buy 2 or 3 XS when money comes. Hopefully sooner than later !

...how do you not see the problem here? at idle that thing will output like 60 amps. trying to power a good 5500rms in amplifiers on 60 amps wont work that well. sure more batteries will help the voltage not drop as low but the alternator is what gives power to everything...

my Yellow top has lasted me since 03 and would have prolly lasted longer had i not been charging it in the high 15s for so long. I took mine out the other day and it sits at 13.0v even but when shes in the truck and I have the MLA on High setting, she hisses and stinks like a bitch. Seems fine on Low setting but its time to retire it anyways i suppose.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

The old-school Yellowtops are awesome. Mine was left dead flat in a shed for 4 months. I stuck it on a high voltage charge for 20 minutes to rattle it a bit then put it on trickle for a month then used it for burping 4kw off in a Street B car :clapping:

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

yeah i had my optima yellowtop for almost five years also, always had a big system on it and never ever had any of the issues some of these guys are having. it finally died after i deployed and and there was something wrong with my charging system and i didnt find out until 6 months later wheni came home and tried to start it. i dont run them now only because a guy gave me a deal on two kinetik 2000's for 200 dollars!! otherwise i'd buy them in a heartbeat.

Archived