korey_hofer Posted October 2, 2010 Report Posted October 2, 2010 I'd like to think that I'd never get a foreign car, but we are looking at one right now... Never owned one yet... Best quality cars out there are the newer Mercedes, I'd like to see them in 15 years though, then it may be a different story... I'm looking at a merc e55amg interior is usually decent at best. meh I have yet to see an american interior that is nice, atleast compared to german ones previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme. I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.
dragon breath Posted October 2, 2010 Report Posted October 2, 2010 i am a manager at a large auto parts store. maintenance is the life of a vehicle. a guy i work with has a geo metro with 300,000+ miles on it with the stock motor and trans. it has had nothing but wear items replaced on it but it has been maintained correctly. with that being said,personally with what i see daily you couldn't get me to buy a new american car without pointing a gun at me. all of the big 3 u.s car makers have been in financial trouble for years and cutting every corner they can. it shows in what customers come in the store asking for.
Rockbrook Posted October 2, 2010 Report Posted October 2, 2010 i went from a 87' Honda Accord, very very good on gas, i loved it for that aspect, screw the box shape it had lol then i got a 95 Mustang GT, yes with the 5.0 was a great muscle car then it started having problems that we could never seem to get fixed. Now i have a 07' Impala LT, overall im pretty pleased. gets me to where i need to be at a decent speed/decent gas, all while looking a lil stylish lol
JeremyN Posted October 2, 2010 Report Posted October 2, 2010 I got a 1998 ford ZX2 and it has a sticker in the door that stat " made in Mexico " and a 2008 Honda that's made in America go figure??:shrug: 2 12" Jeff Vue Customs 1 set MB Quart FSB 216 in doors1 American Bass 100.1 on sub1 Hertz EP2 on doorsJVC deck IPOD controlStock 105 amp alt DD-1big 3new build in Chevy caviler http://www.stevemead...chevy-cavalier/last set up in the ZX2 http://www.stevemead...-current-build/old build log http://www.stevemead...-1998-ford-zx2/ Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, debt is the money of slaves. Just my .02c that shop needs keep those doors open so they have to charge for it if people think 10k is a lot then they should get into other hobbies.. like masturbating, cause any hobby cost money to maintain Lol no, I'm smarter than that bro haha. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..............go fuck yourself lol
treossi Posted October 2, 2010 Report Posted October 2, 2010 2 out of 5 chevys are built here in usa 3 out of 5 toyotas are built here in usa so toyota is more american than chevy Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details
jbondox Posted October 2, 2010 Report Posted October 2, 2010 This is a touchy subject but if I was buying domestic, it would be Ford hands down. build quality has improved But my first choice would definitely be a newer Benz, boilermaker... you don't buy one to have 15 years from now... you trade them in every 3-4 years I would also say Porsche... the new Panamera is bad ass. and Boilermaker... you know first hand that dirt doesn't stick to a benz BTW Benz produces the most sophisticated vehicles out there... and was the first automobile manufacturer, and the oldest in existence today SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields
Sick916 Posted October 2, 2010 Report Posted October 2, 2010 Ha definately agree with that, especially camaro interiors. The 93-96 camaro interiors are like a cockpit ha. 97-02 isn't to bad, but still nothing special from the factory. Off topic, you got anymore pics of your camaro? I actually like the 93-96 interior a bit better because its like a cockpit. 97-02 is great but feels like im driving a sedan. Il try to post more when my camera works. And for the guy who works at the parts store it makes perfect sence to sell more american parts. What would you rather repair, a 5.7 chevy engine or a 1.6 honda motor. Nobody is going to pay more than $500 to repair a honda motor when you can buy a used motor for that price. That chevy 350 is worth repairing. 1996 Camaro RS Rockford Fosgate BD1000.1 Rockford Fosgate 400a4 Old Skool 2x 12" TSW3001-D4 Pioneer Subs Pioneer deh-p980bt Yellow Top Primary Battery 1.5 Diesel Audio Cap<Its just there to impress the females with shiny things Kinetik HC800
ChampN252 Posted October 3, 2010 Author Report Posted October 3, 2010 I got a 1998 ford ZX2 and it has a sticker in the door that stat " made in Mexico " and a 2008 Honda that's made in America go figure??:shrug: I have a 98 Explorer and it was built in Mexico. I really believe that's what wrong with it. I still blame the USA for having other countries build their automobiles. I want a vehicle that can support my hobby. Tahoes and Expeditions easily take multiple alts, but you can't bump if your ride stays in the shop. The crown vic and similar cars are the only cars I know of that can take multiple alts. Pickup trucks are probably the best thing rolling. A kinda off story. When I was in highschool, my friend's granny died and left him their truck. It was a 98 or 99 expedition. Since he had such a big truck, he start to get into car audio. After a year or so he got into it heavy and when to a local shop to buy his stereo. I can't remember everything, but he had 4 12"s and it was Rockford powered...it cost him a few Ks. Mind you, the truck broke down a lot. It broke down once and he had to leave at the shop. The next day, his radio, amps, batteries, and subs were gone. I know people are gonna say he should have taken that stuff out, but that box was well over 100 lbs. I believe had he not had that truck, he would still have his stereo now. He got rid of the truck and got a GMC pickup. So I guess there is a happy ending. 2012 Honda Accord Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX
nautical7 Posted October 3, 2010 Report Posted October 3, 2010 I actually like the 93-96 interior a bit better because its like a cockpit. 97-02 is great but feels like im driving a sedan. Il try to post more when my camera works. And for the guy who works at the parts store it makes perfect sence to sell more american parts. What would you rather repair, a 5.7 chevy engine or a 1.6 honda motor. Nobody is going to pay more than $500 to repair a honda motor when you can buy a used motor for that price. That chevy 350 is worth repairing. I had a 93 as my first camaro and I liked that interior as much as the post-97 interiors, completely different feel and felt more like a performance car I guess you could say. On topic, almost any car will last with proper maintenance, but also do your research to see what some common problems may be for each vehicle as well. Domestic vs foreign could be debated forever, but it's really all preference.
Sick916 Posted October 3, 2010 Report Posted October 3, 2010 On topic, almost any car will last with proper maintenance, but also do your research to see what some common problems may be for each vehicle as well. Domestic vs foreign could be debated forever, but it's really all preference. Very true but sometimes cars are shitty of the lot, or they cost to much for what you get. American cars or v8s in general are more for the mechanically inclined because they will require more work because you cant drive with 300+lbs torque and not fuck shit up. Its to much fun, and for anybody who says that a toyota or nissan v8 wont break down as often i DARE you to own one. 1996 Camaro RS Rockford Fosgate BD1000.1 Rockford Fosgate 400a4 Old Skool 2x 12" TSW3001-D4 Pioneer Subs Pioneer deh-p980bt Yellow Top Primary Battery 1.5 Diesel Audio Cap<Its just there to impress the females with shiny things Kinetik HC800
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.