Hey STUPID, I mean Sub2weeker

linking something and taking something then uploading from photobucket is completely different than this situation

1, he built a forum and is now using stuff that steve is paying to use, and thus costing steve money and not paying for it himself..

now, while it might not be an issue to you, would you be pissed if some one was taking gas out of your car every day? mind you its just a gallon a day, but that eventually adds up...

maybe you can see the point now?

No, it's the exact same thing. He's hotlinking the emoticon. With a quick Google search, I found another message board who also uses that emote. It's a vBulletin message board. After another Google search, I couldn't find any emoticon package on either the IPB website or Invisionize (an IPB modders paradise) that had this icon, and all the packages I saw they had were free, so chances are Steve didn't pay for this emoticon either. If he did, then that sucks.

Him hotlinking that emoticon is the EXACT same thing as hotlinking an image from any other website, and you can't tell me you've never done that. No one can honestly say that. It uses bandwidth from the other website just like it does when this guy hotlinks the emoticon. Get this, though...when you hotlink something from one website to this enormous message board, it's costing that website a lot more in bandwidth than this guy is costing Steve. To say he's costing Steve money is hilarious in the first place. With his whopping 173 members, he MIGHT have used up a few megabytes of Steve's bandwidth. Steve pays x amount per month for his hosting, which probably includes unlimited bandwidth (if not, it's a ton to support this website). If he went over his bandwidth limit, the host would just shut down his website, not charge him extra. I don't see SMD shutting down because this guy hotlinked that emoticon.

This guy isn't costing Steve any money.

No, it's the exact same thing. He's hotlinking the emoticon. With a quick Google search, I found another message board who also uses that emote. It's a vBulletin message board. After another Google search, I couldn't find any emoticon package on either the IPB website or Invisionize (an IPB modders paradise) that had this icon, and all the packages I saw they had were free, so chances are Steve didn't pay for this emoticon either. If he did, then that sucks.

Him hotlinking that emoticon is the EXACT same thing as hotlinking an image from any other website, and you can't tell me you've never done that. No one can honestly say that. It uses bandwidth from the other website just like it does when this guy hotlinks the emoticon. Get this, though...when you hotlink something from one website to this enormous message board, it's costing that website a lot more in bandwidth than this guy is costing Steve. To say he's costing Steve money is hilarious in the first place. With his whopping 173 members, he MIGHT have used up a few megabytes of Steve's bandwidth. Steve pays x amount per month for his hosting, which probably includes unlimited bandwidth (if not, it's a ton to support this website). If he went over his bandwidth limit, the host would just shut down his website, not charge him extra. I don't see SMD shutting down because this guy hotlinked that emoticon.

Damn this guys on the ball tonight. Steve prob has unlimited bandwidth anyway I would imagine?

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

so i guess you know everything about this website and how its ran, and how david built the site up and everything then right?

how can you PROVE that it isnt costing him money... how can you PROVE that it isnt costing him bandwidth...

I guess the moderator who built the website shouldnt be pissed *the one who made this thread btw* because some other guy is hotlinking emoticons..

steve pays alot of $ to keep this site up and running, if you dont believe that then you are retarded btw... trust me, it costs ALOT to host this site and everything attached to it

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

It's about principle of it. Yes its a very small if any amount of bandwidth. But in the end, the guys who set up this site spent their hard earned time to go through the actions to have everything ran off the SMD server. Not some asshat hotlinked stolen off every thing forum that this fuckstick has started. hell even his comp org he started is stolen from just about every other org out there. :bull:

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

so i guess you know everything about this website and how its ran, and how david built the site up and everything then right?

how can you PROVE that it isnt costing him money... how can you PROVE that it isnt costing him bandwidth...

I guess the moderator who built the website shouldnt be pissed *the one who made this thread btw* because some other guy is hotlinking emoticons..

steve pays alot of $ to keep this site up and running, if you dont believe that then you are retarded btw... trust me, it costs ALOT to host this site and everything attached to it

I've had my own IPB in the past, and I never once saw a paid emoticon package. After looking just now, I still didn't see any. So chances are Steve didn't pay for the emoticon in the first place. If he did, then whoever told him to go there didn't check around very much.

I know how the bandwidth works, and I know how hosts work. If Steve went over his bandwidth, the website would be shut down, most likely until the end of the month when his bandwidth usage would reset.

I never said it was cheap to run this website. I said this guy hotlinking one emoticon for 170ish members to see isn't costing Steve money. This thread being made and people visiting the other guy's website has given that guy more traffic than he's probably ever had. It's a 3.17 kb emoticon. That's 538.9 kbs of Steve's bandwidth being used IF almost every single member of his website (the whopping 170 of them) views it. That's half of ONE mb. Like I said, Steve probably has unlimited bandwidth, and if he doesn't, he has so much that this little bit of bandwidth usage isn't going to change anything.

Edit: Also, for any website as big as SMD, hotlinking should be expected. This is what happens to big websites. They're more visible so more people see them. The chances someone likes what they see and wants to show someone else are pretty high, and boom..another image has been hotlinked.

Edit 2: It's possible to keep people from hotlinking images on your server. Have you ever hotlinked something and posted it on another message board and the picture you thought you linked is now some image the website has used that says something along the lines of "STOP HOTLINKING, YOU DICK." Problem solved.

Edit 3: You're getting heated over nothing, honestly. I'm just trying to point out that it isn't costing Steve any money. You should just realize that and be glad.

Edit 4:

and lol at trademarked emoticons

I lol'd pretty hard at that, too.

Most hosting packages come with unlimited bandwidth

http://www.hostgator.com/

Check out the url above, there packages on there as little as $4.95 a month that have unlimited bandwidth.

But other than that I have no comment on this.

Umm hate to rain on your parade but a LOT and I mean A LOT of forums out there people use are free and you can make it all kinds of pretty just as Meade has here but for free. the only thing you would have to pay for is a parked domain name. No need for a package, invision free which is now zetaboards i think as well as IPB and others and you can upload your own smiles. Hell I changed mine with the seasons then again it was a natural disasters forum.

The dude shoulda just right clicked saved as and then uploaded it to his board why hotlink?

Just like with the teamdbs web site

Bandwidth Used: 47.9 Mb of 500.0 Mb

Bandwidth and Form meters reset on the:14th

It's a free site right now, until it gets upgraded

Still doesnt mean I want people hotlinking the pics off of there and take away from our members until it does get upgraded and a parked domain.

Why you think you see some ppl's avi's here that says Exceeded Bandwith from Photobucket? they exceeded their allowable bandwith.

Umm hate to rain on your parade but a LOT and I mean A LOT of forums out there people use are free and you can make it all kinds of pretty just as Meade has here but for free. the only thing you would have to pay for is a parked domain name. No need for a package, invision free which is now zetaboards i think as well as IPB and others and you can upload your own smiles. Hell I changed mine with the seasons then again it was a natural disasters forum.

The dude shoulda just right clicked saved as and then uploaded it to his board why hotlink?

Just like with the teamdbs web site

Bandwidth Used: 47.9 Mb of 500.0 Mb

Bandwidth and Form meters reset on the:14th

It's a free site right now, until it gets upgraded

Still doesnt mean I want people hotlinking the pics off of there and take away from our members until it does get upgraded and a parked domain.

Why you think you see some ppl's avi's here that says Exceeded Bandwith from Photobucket? they exceeded their allowable bandwith.

Vbulletin cost money and so does IPB, so I don't quite understand what you are trying to say.

I myself host my forum on hostgator and so does the SSA site. I was just was just saying most sites have hosting plans with unlimited bandwidth.

I know that SPLeague has a vbulletin license and is hosted through blue host.

lol at this thread. Will read again.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

Archived