Sonic Electronix

Wuddup Everyone,

I'm looking to upgrade to two 15'' woofers and sell my current HDC3 15'' Woofer. I'm in a dilemma whether or not to get DD's or DC's. The 3500 DD's can handle 1200 RMS and about 4000RMS peak. The level 4 DC's are at 1000W RMS and 2000 Peak.

I considered getting the two lvl4 DC's with lvl 5 soft parts and put a Crescendo 3K watt amp on em and push em, or leave the softparts of the level 4 and put a AQ2200 on em.

The DD's definitely handle more power, but I would like to try a new sub completely, considering AQ's are pretty similar in design to DD's.

Any tips/comments would be fantastic.

Thanks,

Drazy

they are not illegal, he didnt ask which would be louder, or trying to compete vs which sub

I would go with DC just for how well they have treated me for the last almost 4 years

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I would choose the 3kwp with 2 level 4s with lvl 5 coils and an extra spider.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I would choose the 3kwp with 2 level 4s with lvl 5 coils and an extra spider.

X2

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

I heard dd is trying to go mainstream and outsource. I heard they aren't going to be made in the US anymore. And to top it off ive heard nightmares about dds CS.

Edited by baron_of_bass

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

I would say use which ever you can get the best deal on. I have used both DD and DC. There both outstanding woofers and BOTH CS has always been GREAT to me. The 2 woofers you are looking at are very comparable in every aspec but price. I personally when with DC cause the price was better for what I was after and Im able to get my own recones without having to send the woofer in. If you have any questions you can PM me. I will be more then happy to help out any way possable.