Sonic Electronix

Bubble wrap for sound deadener?

Peel and seal is what? 15 bucks a roll? That's what I seen it for last online. so 6"x25ft so 12.5sqft for 15 bucks That's not counting overlapping the edges then you need 2 layers to do the job of a decent deadner (as everyone says) so your looking at 30 bucks for that 12.5is sqft. Or you could just buy 10sqft of say damplifier for 34 bucks. So for 5 bucks more you get a little less product, but a much better product?

Peel n seal seams like a hell of a deal huh ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Peel and seal is what? 15 bucks a roll? That's what I seen it for last online. so 6"x25ft so 12.5sqft for 15 bucks That's not counting overlapping the edges then you need 2 layers to do the job of a decent deadner (as everyone says) so your looking at 30 bucks for that 12.5is sqft. Or you could just buy 10sqft of say damplifier for 34 bucks. So for 5 bucks more you get a little less product, but a much better product?

Peel n seal seams like a hell of a deal huh ;)

Hell of a deal there Bill. Especially on a hot summers day when your car smells like a freshly paved asphalt driveway inside...

Yes, that's called sarcasm people if you couldn't tell. Buy a real deadening product that isn't made from tar ffs ....

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

what about egg carton containers?i know it woud be silly in a car but a buddy of mine said if you line your walls with it it soundproofs it and makes for you to be able to throw some killer parties without waking the neighbors

this is bullshit

egg cartons kill standing waves, good for a recording studio on the cheap.

i tried peel and seal. it didnt fall off in heat but got squishy, made my car stink REALLY bad, and the corners would come off everynow and then. then when i got to cold climates the peel got like...hella brittle and cracked in a shitload of places man

2007 Cadillac Escalade

Alpine Headunit

Infinnity Kappa 6.5" components powered by 250.2 kicker amp

Currently sitting in my garage waiting to be installed:

3 18" Ascendant Audio Mayhems

3 Rockford Fosgate T40001bds

6 kinetiks batteries

dual 300 amp alternators from Iraggi

i have a towel stuff in my rear quarter panel lol but thats just to keep a dent popped out

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

i used water noodles and stuffed them in the cracks and voids and they helped out alot

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

100 sq ft of Fat Mat, knife, roller, shipped for 130$ seems like a hell of a deal to me...

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

If you go with peel n seal instead of sound deadener you might as well wrap your rims in aluminum tape instead of getting them chromed. When you want to roll with the big boys, you need to realize that there is no substitute for doing the job right. And remember, you CANNOT do things the right way and be cheap at the same time, it's one or the other.

OP, you can't deaden with bubble wrap, so I'm assuming you're trying to use it to stop rattling. If that is the case I'd get some foam tape like they use for doing windows, it worked wonders for me for stopping trim rattle. And here's a tip for you, if you have license plate rattle, you can put a kitchen sponge behind the plate and screw the plate on and it should stop the rattle.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Archived