Tony C...mustang With Rockford System....punch 18's (pics)

Hell I say swap and really blow peoples minds when they see them "tiny" amps in place where the Big Boyz used to be.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Cool! I used to bring it out there all the time. Now that I got the Olds' ( One Sick Car thread ), it's hard to take both of them up there. When it cools down a little, keep on the look out. Even though the T20001bd and T8004 are still in our line, I've been considering swapping the amps to the brand new power series - a pair of T1500-1bd and a pair of T600-2. I certainly don't need any more power . . . just want to freshen it up a bit.

Swap or keep AS IS?

Keep, they're more intimadating in my opinion. How long are they going to be in the line up? I'll be sad when they go

ascendant.jpglogo.jpgteamsundown-1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

Keep, they're more intimadating in my opinion. How long are they going to be in the line up? I'll be sad when they go

At this time, we really have no reason to eliminate any of the BIG Power models. We still sell our fair share of them and guys like Meade keep the T40001bd in peoples' faces . . .

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

• 10 months later...

37, but don't tell . . . every time this question comes up at our forum, I always say 23 . . . I've been in the industry for almost 20 years now.

man mad props to you. i never saw this build. i love it, wheres tha vids??????

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

That deck install kit looks awesome, did you have to make that custom or were you just lucky to find them somewhere?

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

• 10 months later...

Well, to my surprise Steve uploaded pics of this in the new members build section - thanks bro! I have a bunch of behind the scenes pics I took of the construction of the 'stang, some on 35mm film and others digitally. There's a bunch of stuff behind the scenes in this car that I think many would enjoy seeing. When we originally built the system, we designed it so that I could come in at a later time and do some custom door panels to get more top end. We pre-wired it for back-lit RF logos in the doors and trunklid, but I lost interest in that. About two years ago, I put in some MB Quart QSD-216s - let's just say that additional output on the top end is no longer required.

I also replaced the Rockford deck with a Pioneer Premier 700BT. I'm an iPod guy, and this is a killer radio for that purpose. Plus, it has bluetooth for my phone, etc. I still have two RFX-9420s in the closet that I may sell at some point. To answer the above question about the dash kit, I made that from 3/8" thick 6061 aluminum. I took a metra dash kit, used it as a template, and converted that to a 1/4" MDF wooden template via a pin router. I then used the wooden template to make the aluminum mounting kit in the same fashion. This took about a day but it came out really well.

And . . . it would appear that there is still some interest in seeing the Mustang flex and bellow at 23Hz. Maybe I can get my butt out there this weekend and video this - trust me, it's worth seeing.

Thanks for the many kind comments! I have gotten 6 years of enjoyment from this system and the car has been PAID OFF since Jan of '08! I just drive it and enjoy it.

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif