Sonic Electronix

What makes a sub play a full range?

I like that sub but it's got way more power than I want. It's what like a 800-1000rms sub, I'm looking for like around 250-300rms.

I have an FI Q15 and I'm only throwing 600 RMS at it and the thing pounds. Like the other people have posted the big factor is going to be the enclosure that you use. I also like the really low end bass and I tuned my enclosure to 28 Hz.

The lower you tune you sub box the lower it will play, setting your subsonic just below the tuned frequency of the box and lpf around 75hz/80hz should cover most everything. Tunning lower means a loss of higher bass like metal/rock and others so make sure your tuning to what you'll listen to the most.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I have two 10" alpine type Es I'm getting ready to post for sale for 50 plus shipping. I had them tuned at 33hz and they played everything great. But there may be nothing wrong with your speaker. Sealed box? Premade box? What's your amp? Your amp could actually be the problem with setting being wrong..

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

so like.. i have 2 fi bl 15's..

and they play lows somewhat good... but i want loud crazy stupid retarded lows...

the speakers have 5-7 cb feet of air recommended. so thats 10-14 cubic feet. so.. say if i had them in a 10ft box, and then same specs and all just everything proportioned to the same size of the 10 ft box but this time 14 cubic feet would the one with more air space play lows better than the one with 10?

In what box, what specs, and what tuning. Also what amp and how is the sub and amp wired. Playing the lows is a lot more related to box tuning.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I had an DC Audio XL 15" in a box tuned to 27Hz, I could play Bass I love you slowed pretty well.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.