Sonic Electronix

highest metered DAILY trunk car ....

what about guys like me who are unable to fold both? and who dont have the airspace in the trunk? I still consider myself a trunk car...even with the backseats out. if you saw how much space I have to work with I think you'd change your mind....plus cars like mine get fucked over in comp cuz of the backseat rule, (pushes me into super street no-wall) Ill just use it as an excuse to build it bigger + more power :good:

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Subs and port forward sealed off from the trunk would be completely different than a guy who walls of his SUV behind the 2nd row of seats. If it really was so similar and just as easy to get loud in a trunk car then why does USACi have there own class just for trunk cars?

because look at the box size you're limited to with a sedan or coupe. you're talking ~10 cubes compared to a walled suv with 20+ cubes. sorry I keep using you as an example thor but take his box and put it in an suv and I bet it does worse numbers then it does in his car. It should be called the micro-wall class since you are essentially building a wall below the deck lid, are you not? again since no one seems to catch this part... THE TRUNK AIRSPACE PLAYS NO ROLL IN HOW YOUR SYSTEM SOUNDS AT ALL!!!!!!!!! so how do you consider it a trunk system? just because the back of your box is inside the trunk doesn't make it a true trunk car imo. that class should be called "extreme trunk class" or something along those lines

You guys completely failed to comprehend the PU and suv comparison. I compared the 2 because with a PU, it has zero air behind the box and with an suv, you could have 15-20 cubes of space behind the box. Which both cases are 10000% irrelevant as far as how the system plays and sounds correct? so how does the trunk of a car that has it's box sealed off play any roll in the systems sound? oh waittt it doesn't

I have several designs that will work in your car, but all the designs are for 2 12s. I did a 150.7 with one of them (my seats were down.) PM me if you want them.

appreciate it coleman. I'm only running the audioque 1200d on them so I dont think ill be in the 150s with that little power. just going to keep it simple for this.

3 cubes net 50ish sq in of port tuned to 35. slot port on the drivers side fire forward and sealed off. If I dont like it ill hit you up. :yahoo:

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I love this, let the discussion continue, thanks thor for the info, didnt know the loudest was 3 damn dbs away from 160!!! thats fkn insane

most of them are sealed up or vented through rear deck,

Basscort is sub facing up with port side ways?

thanks for the pics you guys!

because look at the box size you're limited to with a sedan or coupe. you're talking ~10 cubes compared to a walled suv with 20+ cubes. sorry I keep using you as an example thor but take his box and put it in an suv and I bet it does worse numbers then it does in his car. It should be called the micro-wall class since you are essentially building a wall below the deck lid, are you not? again since no one seems to catch this part... THE TRUNK AIRSPACE PLAYS NO ROLL IN HOW YOUR SYSTEM SOUNDS AT ALL!!!!!!!!! so how do you consider it a trunk system? just because the back of your box is inside the trunk doesn't make it a true trunk car imo. that class should be called "extreme trunk class" or something along those lines

You guys completely failed to comprehend the PU and suv comparison. I compared the 2 because with a PU, it has zero air behind the box and with an suv, you could have 15-20 cubes of space behind the box. Which both cases are 10000% irrelevant as far as how the system plays and sounds correct? so how does the trunk of a car that has it's box sealed off play any roll in the systems sound? oh waittt it doesn't

All I see is epic fail in your posts. A trunk wall is just a forward facing box that fits tightly. If you dont think the ruleset is good enough go complain to the judges. Good luck.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

I am almost positive that thor could pull of way better numbers in an suv, with his 2 12s and the power he has on tap. And to be honest with you if you dont care how your system sounds you will meter better outlaw with subs forward port forward in a trunk car not sealed off. But sealing it off will increase your score sealed on dash a lot and will make your system sound way better overall. No one really cares that you dont think that sealing off your box in the trunk makes your car a non trunk car setup. The standers have already been set, and it is clearly okay to do it that way and still be considered a trunk car.

It's called a "trunk wall" still in the trunk and doesn't effect the cabin in any way shape or forum like a actual wall would. Why waiste so much money to get loud inside the trunk when for 9 bucks more for expanding foam you could easily be 5-10dbs louder sealed forward?

shit, i didnt even gain a whole db from sealing of my 18 when i had it firing forward out of the trunk

Archived