Sonic Electronix

i do plan on using the 3 extra jl audio 500/1 amps and looking to getting 3 more type r 12's. with the kiddies i ment my childrens. right now the bass is amazingly loud! i was quite shocked for that my last system was years ago and was 3 bostwich hd 8;s with a jl 250/1 amp! with upgrading the wirings i was going to source a 1/0 wire hoping from the misses or a friend.....

Yeah, I know you meant that, I was just kidding, hence the jk.

Have a look at knukonceptz for wire, people on here seem to love it.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

This isn't bashing on the jl gear but just sell off the jl 500/1 amps and buy a larger single amp to run all the subs with like an AQ2200 with the bass knob from that which would be an easy solution to that problem.

There is fatmat, edead and a couple others out there that are good and reasonably priced deadening products.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I agree with the above post. and what kind of vehicle do you have? 4 twelves makes for a pretty hefty sized box.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

I did 4 type r's awhile back... I suggest going sealed if your going to do that many... I had mine in an undersized box and it barely fit in the huge trunk of my 93 lumina

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

This isn't bashing on the jl gear but just sell off the jl 500/1 amps and buy a larger single amp to run all the subs with like an AQ2200 with the bass knob from that which would be an easy solution to that problem.

There is fatmat, edead and a couple others out there that are good and reasonably priced deadening products.

I agree. Arent the JL amps known for being power hungry and unefficient?

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Infiniti Kappa 3.5's and 6x8's

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

I agree. Arent the JL amps known for being power hungry and unefficient?

if you get the right one, they are also known to put out rated power at all impedances in their operable range........ now if they made one in a 2,000 watt, it would be fuckin awesome. not have to worry about box rise ever again.

Edited by Hugh G. Rection

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Google "sound deadener showdown" : very good quality, not too expensive.

or Secondskin Damplifier, better and cheaper than Dynamat.

You don't need to cover all your car up.

forget that Fatmat thing : it stinks for long, it's asphalt. Cheap but not a good idea.:peepwall:

Maybe you can try a phone cable splitter (or something like that) to run 2 remotes on the same knob.

But the idea of selling the 500/1 to get a single bigger amp is not bad. Get the other 500/1 if you have a fantastic deal on them.

Good luck !:drinks:

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Google "sound deadener showdown" : very good quality, not too expensive.

or Secondskin Damplifier, better and cheaper than Dynamat.

You don't need to cover all your car up.

forget that Fatmat thing : it stinks for long, it's asphalt. Cheap but not a good idea.:peepwall:

Maybe you can try a phone cable splitter (or something like that) to run 2 remotes on the same knob.

But the idea of selling the 500/1 to get a single bigger amp is not bad. Get the other 500/1 if you have a fantastic deal on them.

Good luck !:drinks:

False. Ive had my fatmat in my car, and it doesn't smell at all.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.