Sonic Electronix

Throwing out an idea for some midbass action....

i think you like to sound like you know what you are talking about and you really have no idea. Sit back read and when you think you know whats going on read some more.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I think I may be the first example.

I don't hear any clipping, but the evidence is pointing to such. Like it is clipping just enough to cause issues, but not enough for me to notice it immediately.

i just re-oscoped my audiopipe amp and i found out i was clipping a good amount, even when i thought i wasnt.

i think you like to sound like you know what you are talking about and you really have no idea. Sit back read and when you think you know whats going on read some more.

Nope. Just the opposite. See my previous comment: "Sorry for my un-ending confusion... I have JUST gotten into car audio, and I am trying to wrap my head around a lot of this stuff."

I think I may be the first example.

I don't hear any clipping, but the evidence is pointing to such. Like it is clipping just enough to cause issues, but not enough for me to notice it immediately.

You're definetly know you're clipping when the sub goes up, lol. I don't really know if theres a difference in clipping, and the sub reaching mechanical limits? I know my sub I can hear the voice coil slapping the bottom of the magnet when i'm doing a tone at 29 full tilt, and i push it just a little further to squeeze any more tenths out.. I'm not too sure if that would cause a sub to die or not. I would suppose if it was done for long enough it would.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

hey guys check out my new signature!! :yahoo::clapping:

BUILD LINK: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112034-2-sundown-18s-98-f-150/page__p__1565972__fromsearch__1#entry1565972

98 Ford F-150
Truck:
37" superswamper tsl radials
16" ion alloy wheels
3" body lift
2" suspension lift
Offbrand brushguard
PIAA driving lights
6000K HID's
System:
2 18" Sundown Nightshaed
Aq3500
Custom Fiberglass box
fosgate T1 6x8 Coxials
bass inferno 2000 watt 4 channel
2 XS power d3100's
0 Gauge

You're definetly know you're clipping when the sub goes up, lol. I don't really know if theres a difference in clipping, and the sub reaching mechanical limits? I know my sub I can hear the voice coil slapping the bottom of the magnet when i'm doing a tone at 29 full tilt, and i push it just a little further to squeeze any more tenths out.. I'm not too sure if that would cause a sub to die or not. I would suppose if it was done for long enough it would.

It is my understanding that clipping is caused by the amplifier. Like when the sine wave goes from being sine-like to 'topping out.' Think of it as your amp bottoming out. See thisto read up on it.

I don't know why, but I know that clipping a sub causes a bunch of heat to build up in the voice coil, thus cooking it.

Edit: I take that back, I do know how... I just don't know why. It's 'cause the amp is pumping out much more power when it clips, enough to fry a voice coil because it is pushed beyond it's ratings

hey guys check out my new signature!! :yahoo::clapping:

I just know this will haunt me in the future =P

It is my understanding that clipping is caused by the amplifier. Like when the sine wave goes from being sine-like to 'topping out.' Think of it as your amp bottoming out. See thisto read up on it.

I don't know why, but I know that clipping a sub causes a bunch of heat to build up in the voice coil, thus cooking it.

Edit: I take that back, I do know how... I just don't know why. It's 'cause the amp is pumping out much more power when it clips, enough to fry a voice coil because it is pushed beyond it's ratings

Without understaning it completely myself, it is like this. The signal put out by the amp is both DC and AC. The AC signal is "contained" inside the DC signal under normal circumstances. When you turn things up too much, the AC signal reaches the boundries of the DC signal and can go no further. Once this happens, (it shows up as the flat part on a scope) you are in effect (or actually) sending DC to your speakers.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived