Welding Cable - Is It Worth It?

2/0 only carries like 100 more amps than 1/0 cable, so it's not the same as doing 2 runs of 1/0. Go to http://www.knukonceptz.com/ Sometimes the wire shows up as unavailable so I just search "cable" to find all of their power wire. KLMX is only like $1.75 a foot and that is good stuff. Welding wire is great wire, but I don't really see it being worth running 2/0.

Welding wire is true AWG, and 99.999% pure copper, which is better than 90% of the car audio wire... 2 runs of 1/0 is going to be better than 1 run of 2/0... The Knu shit, isn't copper, so its not "GOOD"... You get what you pay for, and why limit your system for a couple dollars in cheap wire...

Knu shit, has copper ;)

(and welding wire doesn't has always true awg nor 99.99999% pure copper ;))

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Welding wire is true AWG, and 99.999% pure copper, which is better than 90% of the car audio wire... 2 runs of 1/0 is going to be better than 1 run of 2/0... The Knu shit, isn't copper, so its not "GOOD"... You get what you pay for, and why limit your system for a couple dollars in cheap wire...

I see what you mean, I just think that 2/0 isn't really worth it over 1/0. 2 runs of 1/0 is like 1 run of 4/0. :shrug:

What!? ^^^^

WWW.OSGINDUSTRIES.COM

I LOVE HATER'S

What!? ^^^^

What about what?

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

I see what you mean, I just think that 2/0 isn't really worth it over 1/0. 2 runs of 1/0 is like 1 run of 4/0. :shrug:

there's no way that's right

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

there's no way that's right

According to this it is

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/1005-wirefuse-guide/

Also, most sites agree when you google it.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Such a waste. Your setup does not need 2/0 at all. You're looking at wiring even though you're pulling a low amount if current. This is such a useless topic. I mean...you're talking about price even though you're looking at complete overkill

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Such a waste. Your setup does not need 2/0 at all. You're looking at wiring even though you're pulling a low amount if current. This is such a useless topic. I mean...you're talking about price even though you're looking at complete overkill

He'll be running over 3k I don't think its a waste or overkill. Plus the price is comparable to most decent brands of 1/0.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

He'll be running over 3k I don't think its a waste or overkill. Plus the price is comparable to most decent brands of 1/0.

might be a little overkill, but luck favors the prepared. I'm all for overkill myself :)

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

might be a little overkill, but luck favors the prepared. I'm all for overkill myself :)

It is definitely overkill. And I, like many on here, have huge hardons for electrical overkill. BUT...you can't be comparing prices, saving money, if you're going to go overkill. To me its like...I want to save money by buying more than I need. Just my $0.02

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived