Hugh G. Rection Posted November 30, 2010 Report Posted November 30, 2010 some cars have speedo problems. iirc my friend's 96 silverado shows like 95 when shes going 60 or something crazy like that. but best of luck to you man, i had my first speeding ticket back in the 1st of august, 48 in a 35 in the next county like 500ft from the fucking county line. in georgia no officer of the law can issue a speeding citation within 600ft of a reduction of speed zone, or 300ft in the city. learn the laws in your state. Owner of BigAss Ports
FreekDesignz Posted November 30, 2010 Report Posted November 30, 2010 IMO, Dodges like to have bad speedometers, The one in my old Durango said i was going 7 mph while i was sitting at stop lights. i hope your "Date" goes well tomorrow. ♠ FreekDesignz Demo Collection ♠ Everything You Need To Know About Car Audio Torres' Box Tuning Calculator
Awhitewookie Posted November 30, 2010 Report Posted November 30, 2010 "...according to his laser, i was clocked at 81" "...also, i saw his radar, it said 81." Was it a laser or radar gun? You can fight the radar guns, but the lasers are never wrong. MY BUILD 1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport 1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything Alpine cda-9884 Crescendo CZ components (2) Crescendo bc2000's (2) Jolt 150ah (2) Yellow top optimas (1) Juicebox black cherry addition (1) Mechman 270 avbm miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.
iceman1575 Posted November 30, 2010 Report Posted November 30, 2010 Gotta ask, how long have you been driving? Definitely may want to get your speedo/tires checked. Do you have different sized tires on your Jeep? That'll throw it off. I've had 2 tickets, first one was on a trip to Pennsylvania. Cop on shoulder of the road around a bend, I was doing about 75 in a 70, as always. A truck with a camper was on my left passing me, and as soon as I passed him, I slowed down to the regular 70. He nailed me and said he gunned me doing 84 in a 70, but marked it at 79 on the citation so I wouldn't get points. Same thing happened in Barboursville, was passing a cop doing just a few over, next thing I know I was bluelighted, said I was doing 59 in a 45, when I KNOW I was doing no more than 50. I ONLY get pulled in WV, and since I'm still on a KY intermediate license, that meant I had to restart my 6 month trial over again. Compared to a GPS, the speeds are off by anywhere between 3-5mph. Good luck fighting it, sounds like someone screwed up somewhere. POTATO!
n8ball2013 Posted December 1, 2010 Report Posted December 1, 2010 get your speedo checked if its wrong have them fix it and take that with you THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
korey_hofer Posted December 1, 2010 Report Posted December 1, 2010 I've gotten pulled over from them thinking I was going fast because of my exhaust, and another time I was doing 5 over the speed limit, ticket for 150, went to court ended up spending 225, and 10 hours of community service, hope you have better luck than I have had previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme. I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.
UniqueSounds Posted December 1, 2010 Report Posted December 1, 2010 Ive heard that if you fight a speeding ticket to schedule the court date early in the morning Because thats when there is the least chance of the cop showing up. 1997 Chevy Cheyenne Single Cab Pioneer DEH-3200UB Two sets of Orion 6.5" Components In Each Door AudioQue HDC3 15" ^^^ Its all For Sale!!!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99546-lots-to-sale-good-prices/ ^^^ AQ2200D Wow, such a flexy beast(see what i did there lol)
aquill1 Posted December 1, 2010 Report Posted December 1, 2010 A few points that need to be corrected... Your speed can be detected when you are coming at the patrol vehicle. Your speed can be paced when directly behind you. No the radar can't tell how fast you were going when you are both moving in the same direction, other than telling what the patrol vehicle's speed is. Depending on the police department policy the officer will get overtime pay. If you happen to be lucky enough to have the officer not show up, good for you. Nearly all people I write a ticket to deserved it and wont fight it. Kind of hard to argue warrants, no DL, Invalid DL, no insurance, exp reg, exp inspect or rear-ending someone at an accident. I haven't had anybody fight any of the above tickets.
Hugh G. Rection Posted December 1, 2010 Report Posted December 1, 2010 Your speed can be paced when directly behind you. No the radar can't tell how fast you were going when you are both moving in the same direction, other than telling what the patrol vehicle's speed is. Depending on the police department policy the officer will get overtime pay. If you happen to be lucky enough to have the officer not show up, good for you. Nearly all people I write a ticket to deserved it and wont fight it. Kind of hard to argue warrants, no DL, Invalid DL, no insurance, exp reg, exp inspect or rear-ending someone at an accident. I haven't had anybody fight any of the above tickets. and with the car being no different than radar or lidar, you must show calibration of the equipment used to detect the speed. so tell me, how often do you have your speedometer checked, and how often do you check your tire pressures? both of these would be questioned by any lawyer who is even slightly above retarded............ Owner of BigAss Ports
bre2ts Posted December 1, 2010 Report Posted December 1, 2010 don't know where your located but i am under the impression that in the state of florida where i am from that a cop can't use radar when their moving because it can throw off the accuracy. i have had a few speeding tickets in my younger years, and fought a couple of them and one 2 of them from the cop not showing and one for the ticket missing info or something like that. Feedback 1 | Feedback 2 you win some, you lose some
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.