FU@CK LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the first time it blew i replaced the bearing and seal with timken then it went again so i swapped it out figuring it was a faulty part. this time i noticed there was some good damage to the axle so i did what everyone told me and replaced that along with getting the axle repair bearing and seal kit. went out today and saw all the fluid on the ground. :angry:

Damn really you have done the axle already???? I am at a loss then, I was thinking that could have been the problem. What rear end is in it an 8.8" (think is the smaller one) or a 9"? I don't live around the corner or anything so it would be a little bit of a drive, but like I say if I see anything I will let you know. Have you by chance tried the Rancho Cordova junk yards to price a new one (I know you said that buying a new/used one was not really what you wanted to do)? May I ask who has done the work with the R&R of the seals and bearings, you or a shop?

2 15"s Re-coned with a Custom re-cones with DD 9500 coils, Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bd, Designated Aux. 190 amp Alt@ 15.5 volts, Duel High Rate Aux. Batts. Doing 143+'s (current box and subs haven't been metered), 1st place in 129.9 Bass Race and a 2nd and a 3rd in NW DB Drag in the last two shows. Only gone two 2 show total thought, so not to bad

Here is a link to a site that has new axles, if you wanted to go that direction.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/details/QQFordQQCrown_VictoriaQQRugged_RidgeQQAxle_ShaftQQ19982002QQ15160.html?apwcid=P1135867996W43b3f85c7ab9e&apwidTdGA54w

Here is another one that is a little cheaper, but they say it is out of stock.

http://www.am-autoparts.com/AM/Axle-Parts-Front-Rear/Ford/CrownVictoria/-/AM-67368213/

How long have you had this car before this problem started? If not long then maybe it has a bent axle tube and that is what is causing the problem.

2 15"s Re-coned with a Custom re-cones with DD 9500 coils, Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bd, Designated Aux. 190 amp Alt@ 15.5 volts, Duel High Rate Aux. Batts. Doing 143+'s (current box and subs haven't been metered), 1st place in 129.9 Bass Race and a 2nd and a 3rd in NW DB Drag in the last two shows. Only gone two 2 show total thought, so not to bad

if your takin it to a shop i will say quit going there and find a new place to take it to. if you are doing it then there has to be something that you are doing wrong with the seal. idk thats a lot of money to spend and have the same outcome. how long does it last? how much fluid are you putting in it you could be overfilling it

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

Its a former police car? thats your problem right there...I wouldnt buy an old cop. I live near a police district and I see them dog the living shit outta those cars on a daily basis. Chances are yours was too. Since you already replaced all the parts I thought would be your problem, Im not really sure what to tell ya. Good luck bro, keep your head up.

1989 Chevy Caprice Classic
350ci V8 High Performance

JVC Arsenal HU

JL XR series components

Infinity Reference 6x9s

Pioneer Premier 4-Channel

Clarion 2-Channel

Rockford Fosgate Series 1 2-Channel

Fusion 2000.1D

MTX Crossover

RF, Knu, Kicker, and Monster wiring

NVX VCW 12in. Sub **Won on here from the Sonic contest!**

*Build log coming soon!*

Starting all over pretty much which the gear listed...lost almost everything I had, including my life. Never take life and what's in it for granted.

sounds good but im broke now. with taking amber to work isaiah to school and then cindy to school. then turning around and picking them all up. we are spending everything we had saved for christmas. and now all the parts i just bought is wasted money. because if i buy a rear end its gonna have all this shit already. i have put damn near 1400 into parts with the rear end/fluids, alternator, transmission filter/fluids. then so far in gas we have spent 300 extra. and to top it off this fucker that sold me the parts is saying no warranty thats why he gave me a good deal. go fuckin figure. this with the all the family problems is pushin your boy to my limits.

Damn, he could at least meet you halfway or something, he's ballin'! Fucker gave you such a good deal cause he knew it was a POS. Fuck it, get a Mountain bike and a covered trailer for the kids, you need some exercise anyway:peepwall:

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

well first off what seal are you talking about there is 3 on an axle. the 2 outer seals that are at the wheels or the seal around the input shaft (the one by the axle). if its the input shaft then the input shaft is bent. they are fairly cheap but a shop has to put it in cuz they have to set back lash and re shim it and all that good stuff. or you might.. be able to just replace the shaft and bearings without taking the whole thing apart but i dont think you can (im not 100% on the design of the ford 8.8) and for the record police vehicles are a good car to buy because they are so cheap and crown vics tend to last a really long time. but if you got one that was in an accident or something stupid happened to it then well... you will put money into it. but yea if you have any more questions just ask me, ill try to halp you out in answering questions or looking anything up for you.

yea it could be a bent axle. but usauly it will vibrate or wobble when your driving if its bent.

doesnt seem like he's had it running long enough to know if it was wobbling or not and if it was normal or not.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived