there is an advanced search button right next to the search part... you can choose what selection you want to custom search in it at...

I dont mind helping people who are working on something right now and need answers... but what you guys fail to seem to realize is that 75% of the posts that are new now are dreams, that will never come true... they are just wants and wishes and hopes of some one who wont ever do it.

brand comparison is not allowed on here.. for the simple reason most of the brands are on a equal playing field, and its just user preference.. so it becomes a *my dicks bigger* contest when comparing DC vs FI vs AA vs sundown ect...

Like I said, I spent 2 years reading this website before I even created an account... I learned alot and still had questions, and when it came time for me to start my build * I had the cash to do it, not just a pipe dream * I came in, asked the specific questions that I NEEDED the answers for, and started the build...

but these guys want people to explain ohms law, quantum theory, and why the universe was created all in 1 post... its getting ridiculous that people are just 2 lazy.

one guy comes in, asks *what amp should I get for my DC lvl 5

my question, why get a DC lvl 5 if you cant think of 1 amp to go with it?

yet, theres already 20 threads like that, 5 in the DC section, 5 in the sub section, 5 in the amp section, and 5 in the general audio section......

most answers are already answered if you honestly sit back and just read... yes the sites search function does kinda blow, but its not that hard to go into the section thats what your looking for..

I bet most of the new guys didnt even know that theres like 40 sections to go in under the recent post part.....

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

what are your goals with your system? how much space are you willing to sacrifice to an enclosure? what is your budget?

I still say go see Andrew in farmington

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

and i'm here to learn. i can understand the peeps that do ask dumb questions. but there are guys like me that just want a opinion with out being called a dumb ass or a fuck tard. i mean i seen a thread where a guy asked which would be better FI or DC to me thats a honest question. he just wanted to hear from the guys that ran those brands and asked how well they liked them. and some one smarted off and belittled him. i'm here to learn from the pro's not to be belittled by guys that think they know it all.

Here's the real of it.

How many people have extensively worked with both brands? I'm going to bet that many haven't. Hell I haven't. I know the ins and outs of the DC products but would have to base my opinion about the FI line from what I have heard in other peoples setups.

You are not going to find too many people who have a true experience in both brands and thus just get one sided nuthugger opinions about the brands. So unless you try both brands and work them over in many applications you don't have the right to say one is better then the other.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I can't remember the last time I asked for advice on here. There is a reason for that, rather it be some smart ass saying search or just the random bull shit kids spew out half the time.

I come here for Off Topic and to help occasionally where I can(which I don't do much anymore because it seems everyone is an expert and is never wrong). I do typically help when someone pm's me, except for all the fucking smart start activation requests people send me... usually register here and never post, they just pm me and ask if I can register it for them.

I guess truthfully I'm a hands on sort of person. I would rather learn from my own mistakes than come online and ask how to do something. To be honest I don't have a lot of respect for people that come on here asking dumb questions that could easily be figured out, just the same way I don't have a lot of respect for new installers at work that ask dumb questions that could easily be figured out... some people would just rather have information handed to them than figure it out themselves.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

basicly want a nice set up i could care less bout trunk space. i like the low low end bass. not really out for numbers just sumthen that will put a smile on my face when the bass hits and people look. but yet i gotta be carefull at the same time cuz i have my kiddo so i cant put anything threw the arm rest

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

techforce_teamdbs.gif

of course, I'm going to be biased if you ask me "which sub should I get?"...I work for a manufacturer...I don't hide that. If i didn't recommend my brand people would start to doubt my brand. If you ask me about a specific sub I'll give you an honest and professional OPINION along with scientific specifics about it that are incontrovertible...objective and subjective together should give a good idea of how a sub will behave.

but opinion is just that...opinion, and there may not be any basis for such an opinion other than a positive or negative experience with someone else who likes the brand...it might not even be a result of direct experience with said brand. be wary of die hard fanboys...they give you only their views and have no real reason for them.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

If you don't know how to use the search button then there might be more than one issue.

I mean, you also state in your post part of the ignorance that is part of the issue. You read only a couple posts...so you're not even trying to understand the other opinion.

And you're still upset the knowledgeable ones won't help?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

and i'm here to learn. i can understand the peeps that do ask dumb questions. but there are guys like me that just want a opinion with out being called a dumb ass or a fuck tard. i mean i seen a thread where a guy asked which would be better FI or DC to me thats a honest question. he just wanted to hear from the guys that ran those brands and asked how well they liked them. and some one smarted off and belittled him. i'm here to learn from the pro's not to be belittled by guys that think they know it all.

Here's the real of it.

How many people have extensively worked with both brands? I'm going to bet that many haven't. Hell I haven't. I know the ins and outs of the DC products but would have to base my opinion about the FI line from what I have heard in other peoples setups.

You are not going to find too many people who have a true experience in both brands and thus just get one sided nuthugger opinions about the brands. So unless you try both brands and work them over in many applications you don't have the right to say one is better then the other.

and thanx for the honest non belittling answer. wish i could buy both and try both but i cant. and those were just examples. in my case i'm trien to decide whether get two more 12's for my jeep or switch to 15's.

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

techforce_teamdbs.gif

and whats this post count every one is talken about? and why is it a big deal?

There is a large amount of people who post on here who have a high post count that should NEVER touch a car or system. Yet people trust them because they have been here awhile. ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived