corteznewbie Posted December 15, 2010 Author Report Posted December 15, 2010 of course, I'm going to be biased if you ask me "which sub should I get?"...I work for a manufacturer...I don't hide that. If i didn't recommend my brand people would start to doubt my brand. If you ask me about a specific sub I'll give you an honest and professional OPINION along with scientific specifics about it that are incontrovertible...objective and subjective together should give a good idea of how a sub will behave. but opinion is just that...opinion, and there may not be any basis for such an opinion other than a positive or negative experience with someone else who likes the brand...it might not even be a result of direct experience with said brand. be wary of die hard fanboys...they give you only their views and have no real reason for them. bingo jay. but opinion is just that...opinion, and there may not be any basis for such an opinion other than a positive or negative experience Team DBs (Driven By sound)
Shyne151 Posted December 15, 2010 Report Posted December 15, 2010 and whats this post count every one is talken about? and why is it a big deal? There is a large amount of people who post on here who have a high post count that should NEVER touch a car or system. Yet people trust them because they have been here awhile. x1000000000000000000000! -Installer for Duke's Car Stereo 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune. RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4 Boston Acoustics SPG 555 Kenwood eXcelon 995 RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000
corteznewbie Posted December 15, 2010 Author Report Posted December 15, 2010 o ok thought there was prize or sumthen for most post or sumthen. i dont keep track i just go with the flow and try to answer the easy stuff i even know. Team DBs (Driven By sound)
Superjay Posted December 15, 2010 Report Posted December 15, 2010 I'm the top poster over at SoundDomain....over 70k posts...I think at least 68k of them are in off topic talking crap about each other...the guy right under me shouldn't give advice on anything...at all...ever. Principal JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it
zachfowler222 Posted December 15, 2010 Report Posted December 15, 2010 those people know who they are theres no need to explain I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...
Superjay Posted December 15, 2010 Report Posted December 15, 2010 thank you for not dropping those names...very mature of you /srs post Principal JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it
corteznewbie Posted December 15, 2010 Author Report Posted December 15, 2010 so jay can i get some t 3's down in farmington? or would i have to order threw you. i got til feb to save up. Team DBs (Driven By sound)
Team_DC-Derrick Posted December 15, 2010 Report Posted December 15, 2010 there is an advanced search button right next to the search part... you can choose what selection you want to custom search in it at... I dont mind helping people who are working on something right now and need answers... but what you guys fail to seem to realize is that 75% of the posts that are new now are dreams, that will never come true... they are just wants and wishes and hopes of some one who wont ever do it. brand comparison is not allowed on here.. for the simple reason most of the brands are on a equal playing field, and its just user preference.. so it becomes a *my dicks bigger* contest when comparing DC vs FI vs AA vs sundown ect... Like I said, I spent 2 years reading this website before I even created an account... I learned alot and still had questions, and when it came time for me to start my build * I had the cash to do it, not just a pipe dream * I came in, asked the specific questions that I NEEDED the answers for, and started the build... but these guys want people to explain ohms law, quantum theory, and why the universe was created all in 1 post... its getting ridiculous that people are just 2 lazy. one guy comes in, asks *what amp should I get for my DC lvl 5 my question, why get a DC lvl 5 if you cant think of 1 amp to go with it? yet, theres already 20 threads like that, 5 in the DC section, 5 in the sub section, 5 in the amp section, and 5 in the general audio section...... most answers are already answered if you honestly sit back and just read... yes the sites search function does kinda blow, but its not that hard to go into the section thats what your looking for.. I bet most of the new guys didnt even know that theres like 40 sections to go in under the recent post part..... The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube Team DC Audio where theres a will theres a wall....... I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones
Superjay Posted December 15, 2010 Report Posted December 15, 2010 so jay can i get some t 3's down in farmington? or would i have to order threw you. i got til feb to save up. Right now Andrew is not carrying the line. He may soon, but right now he's not. if you want T3 he can order through me. If you want to order here go to the T3 section and get a hold of Ed Lester. he's the team leader, and takes care of direct to end user sales on this site. Andrew is a very good friend of mine, and knows he can get anything from me at any time, so there will be no issue with him trying to sell you something else if what you want is T3. If he thinks something else will fit your application better he will tell you...he is one of the nicest and most honest people I've ever met, let alone in this industry. He is also a 4 time world SPL champion, so he knows what he's talking about. I'm not sure when I'll be in that area again, but it won't be too long...my inlaws live there, so I go see him a few times a year (even though farmington is way off the beaten path....) Although I'm sure I won't be there before summer. 4 corners is not exactly rife with car audio shops. Principal JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it
techforce Posted December 15, 2010 Report Posted December 15, 2010 The way I see it is some people are not that knowledgeable with the internet or these forums. Also, lets face it... The search button here does not work that great... Maybe 1 out of 10 times I had success using it. I also feel that the people that are knowledgeable on here are like teachers to the ones that aren't... How would you feel if you asked your teacher how to do something and they told you "What are you fucking stupid?" "Use the books" One thing I learned in the IT business what I may think of as second nature or just know on the top of my head is totally unknown to someone else. You wouldn't be in business long if someone asked you for help and you insulted that person asking for help and made them feel like a retard...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.