Sonic Electronix

Hooked it all up, but dissappointed...

Wire EACH sub down to 2 ohms. Put each sub on their own "side" of the amp. Id give each sub its own chamber.

he will blow up the amp if he bridges the four channels to two and then runs a two ohm load.

Lol. I meant put one sub on the left rear channel and the other sub on the right rear channel.

I didn't mean include the front channels. With the way I explained it, there shouldn't be any bridging. I should've been more clear.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

you have channels 1 2 3 4 bridge channels 1 and 2 or 3 and 4 to the woofer load.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Ok. And what do you mean by one side of the amp? Like just the rear speaker outs?

Yes, just the rear. I'm assuming you're using the front channels for mids and highs?

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

run each sub at 8-ohms. one sub on the front. one sub on the rear. bridged. the amp will run considerably more efficiently, and you won't run into heat or overdrive issues.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

run each sub at 8-ohms. one sub on the front. one sub on the rear. bridged. the amp will run considerably more efficiently, and you won't run into heat or overdrive issues.

I agree as this being the safest option, but there may be a couple of issues. A lot of the sony 4 channel amps that I have seen have HP/LP filters on the rear, but only HP on the front channel. If you can indeed lowpass the front and rear, make sure to gain match front and rear channels and set the bass boost and filter settings identically and do one to the rear and one to the front.

You may have to just series/parallel the subs and bridge the rear channels. It will give you some temporary bass.

I think the amp may be acting the way it is due to how you have it wired, but It also sounds like the output inductor may be bad in the amp as they filter out the DC off the output leaving you with just the AC output. Often, when they go bad, you end up with a pulsating DC on the output. Hopefully, it is just the way you have it wired.

For those of you who think a 4 channel is not for subs, you are wrong. It is for any transducer load you want to drive within its specified impedance range. It may not be ideal for subs, but it will work and can give decent reliable performance if that is all you have. We all don't live an ideal world. Thankfully so, becuase if we did, many of us wouldn't be employed to find solutions to non-ideal situations.

This thread is a perfect example of a noob getting stomped on. A recent topic discussed the un-helpfullness of members and the over criticism of noobs. It is a real problem.

THE REAL PROBLEM IS THAT THIS SITE WILL CONTINUE TO ATTRACT NOOBS. MORE NOOBS THAN OTHER CAR AUDIO SITES, BECAUSE OF THE NATURE OF STEVE, HIS VIDEOS, HIS TARGET MARKET, YOUTUBE, AND HIS PUBLICITY. ITS JUST PART OF IT. FOR THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR A WHILE, HOW HAVE YOU NOT REALIZED THIS? IF YOU DONT LIKE DEALING WITH NOOBS, THEN DON'T. IGNORE THEM, LEAVE THE SITE, OR CHANGE THE WHOLE ENTITY THAT IS SMD. :good:

04 Monochrome LT Chevy Tahoe

-A few wires, half a speaker, some watts

-All Black 6's

-Paint to Match, SS Bumper, Black grills.

-HID'ed and LED'ed

-A few performance enhancers

I have two nice subs for sale, but I am not allowed to help my fellow forum members by offering it to them for a nice price via my signature, sorry

Thanks for calling me a noob... I was just asking for help and all i get is arguing and bitching about every little thing i did or am doing wrong... Im on the verge of giving up... Its probably the amp... Its old, its been through hell and back, and when i pulled it out of my friends car, it had frost all over it. So im throwing that amp in the trash and im just going to wait till xmas for my mono amp...

2010 Civic SI sedan: Crystal Black Pearl

All stock.

You , sir, may not be as "nooby" as others, but you are a noob compared to many of us. Look at your first post, you were "noobing" all the way with your descriptions of your procedures for hooking up the amp. That is PART of the reason some people jumped in with their not so helpfull comments.

04 Monochrome LT Chevy Tahoe

-A few wires, half a speaker, some watts

-All Black 6's

-Paint to Match, SS Bumper, Black grills.

-HID'ed and LED'ed

-A few performance enhancers

I have two nice subs for sale, but I am not allowed to help my fellow forum members by offering it to them for a nice price via my signature, sorry

your running subs on a amp thats made for mids and highs... could be the first issue....

dont do that....

why, it works well in my setup. why is it bad to run a 4 channel amp on subs?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived