DC Sound Lab

Dc audio level 4xl or level 5

Do the xl!

Unless ur runnin over 3.5k like everyone u wont even see a gain with the lvl 5, and the xls sound a lil better on music, imo

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Fail double post

God damn phone

Edited by CortezDTV

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Its funny people bash the level 5, cuz "they heard/they read" it was bad? GTFO... I've heard both and they both sound good to me, but then again, its all about the enclosure... Sooo...

I've heard both... The level 5 handles plenty of power, but it just didn't jump out at like the XL did. Both was switched out in same box on same amp. Only difference level 5 was at .5ohms and XL was at 1ohm on a Sundown3500. I thought the XL was louder and had a better sound.

Its funny people bash the level 5, cuz "they heard/they read" it was bad? GTFO... I've heard both and they both sound good to me, but then again, its all about the enclosure... Sooo...

I've heard both... The level 5 handles plenty of power, but it just didn't jump out at like the XL did. Both was switched out in same box on same amp. Only difference level 5 was at .5ohms and XL was at 1ohm on a Sundown3500. I thought the XL was louder and had a better sound.

Thanks for all the feedback, im pretty sure on ordering the dc level 4xl..

Yeah if you're running 3kish and under go with the XL. I've heard both and they both sound great IMO. Only reason to get the 5 is if you're wanting to upgrade or throw 6k on it in the future.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

• 4 weeks later...

Lol level 5s do great on music.

Ask derrick and anyone who heard them playing in that HOT ass box for 2 days straight at slamology!!

As stated they only concern I power handling 3kw and under XL.

Price difference isn't to bad if I must say so.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

I plan on getting lvl5's and running a SD5000 for a year then upgrading to a sd8000 or 2 sd5000's. I sent a box quote to dl. Do you think lvl5's will sound good with 3200 rms each tuned to 34hz. Going off dc's spec at 3.75cubes per sub

Unless you plan on running over 3500w RMS CLAMPED POWER I would go with the XL. What you have to understand is that just because you have a 3500w sundown,dc,AQ or whatever brand you want to name, that does not mean that you are going to get 3500w out of that amp. You have to look at what voltage and ant what ohm load the amps put out that power. For example the AQ 3500 is rated to put out 4300w at 14.4v and 1ohm. To actually get this power out of the amp you have to keep your voltage at 14.4v and have a reactive ohm load of 1 ohm. That means you have to build a box that if you wire your subs to .5 ohms, only has .5ohms of rise. If your starting ohm load is .5 and you have box rise to 2 ohms, even if you keep your voltage at 14.4, the AQ3500 will only be putting out 2600w. This applies to any amp not just the AQ.