grounding to rear seatbelt bolt

The battery is a ground on its own, and so is the vehicle. They can support a ground all own its own...both right.

The term ground is kinda not correct. IIRC the car is actually a groundless system. The circuit flows from - to +

The - terminal of the battery is the starting point of the car's entire electrical circuit.

(ps-this ignores the alternator part of the equation.)

I'm being basic here man...I'm pointing out that a vehicle frame does not need to be connected to a battery to become a negative. Go unhook your negative post on your car...take a test light, touch it to the pos side of your bat, then to a bare metal on your car. Light still comes on, with no battery grounding the vehicle.

You sure about that? B)

and? since we are one the same team one of us can't be wrong.

Obviously 1 of you can be :)

just funny to see a person preeching so hard on something they know little to nothing about, but then once found out the correct info and will only believe it from a team mate makes it more lols, then trying to play it off by changing what they say or saying I wasnt going that far in depth on it just makes even more lols

But props, at least someone got it thru the kids head. :drinks:

I also heard grounding to the front battery was the most ideal grounding spot, BUT, at the end of the day the best ground is a good ground and a good ground is one that has very little resistance, as in a half ohm or less. So bust out your dmm and start taking some measurements of prospective grounding spots.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

I'm being basic here man...I'm pointing out that a vehicle frame does not need to be connected to a battery to become a negative. Go unhook your negative post on your car...take a test light, touch it to the pos side of your bat, then to a bare metal on your car. Light still comes on, with no battery grounding the vehicle.

It shouldn't :)

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I like how everyone says my friend does this my friend does that....

Well shit, Chicken is my friend and he does 160s so lets play that numbers game. ha!

I highly doubt dude is doing 150db (db drag legal on a termlab) with a 1200 wrms amp, let alone be anything with a low peak if he even is.

ok, ill say it like this

my teamate that i built for is hitting a 150.8 at 54hz in usaci on a sundown sae1200, dont be mad just cuz you cant do it

Well shit, Chicken is my friend and he does 160s so lets play that numbers game. ha!

I highly doubt dude is doing 150db (db drag legal on a termlab) with a 1200 wrms amp, let alone be anything with a low peak if he even is.

ok, ill say it like this

my teamate that i built for is hitting a 150.8 at 54hz in usaci on a sundown sae1200, dont be mad just cuz you cant do it

As I stated 150db DB DRAG LEGAL, which is no where near the same as USACI which is driver door open and the mic in the kick panel.

I also said something about having a low peak frequency, 54hz is no where near a low peak frequency.

From the little testing I did I got curious and did a outlaw metering and it was around a 156.X db at 34hz.

to the OP, just use the strut tower bolt. Sand the paint off to bare metal and put a washer on top of the terminal before you tighten the bolt back down so you don't mess up the terminal. Or better yet get under your car and see if there is a spot that you could drill through and put a nut and bolt through, like your spare tire well.

In the argument of which is better; ground or direct battery run.

Take into consideration that when you ground to your car's body the power has to flow through all of the metal back into the battery, along with the power of all of the other things that are grounded in the car. In essence, if you do a direct ground to the battery, that direct line WILL have more stable voltage than a simple ground because it is just the amp on that line being grounded, not 127 other things in the car.

Edit: typo

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

ok, ill say it like this

As I stated 150db DB DRAG LEGAL, which is no where near the same as USACI which is driver door open and the mic in the kick panel.

I also said something about having a low peak frequency, 54hz is no where near a low peak frequency.

From the little testing I did I got curious and did a outlaw metering and it was around a 156.X db at 34hz.

did i ever state that it was that retarded db drag legal shit?? no..

I was pointing out how retarded it is for you to compare your setup to the ops when he is only running 4 gauge wire. and posting numbers of a system that is running his amount of power with a system grounded to a seat bolt.

op, you are fine to ground to a seatbelt bolt, that was the original question. not whats the best for a multi-thousand watt system.

Archived