Sonic Electronix

Im more inclined to look at midrange builds

Serioulsy ive seen soo many LVL5 or SMD builds or 18" AA or something to that effect that they're getting boring... I'm actually finding myself more entertained by the "noob" builds or entry builds as I can see people develope and give some criticism without elitism. I dont know I guess im weird but just my 2 cents like rght now theres a few wall builds up but im looking at the hifonics subwoofer build :D

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

shouldn't this be in off topic?

personally i don't care how big or small the build is. i like seeing more progression through the builds instead of.. here's my car. here's mu sub. *poof* theres a box..

show me the BUILD

show me you're doing hard work

show me you're doing more then just throwing equipment in your vehicle.

Serioulsy ive seen soo many LVL5 or SMD builds or 18" AA or something to that effect that they're getting boring... I'm actually finding myself more entertained by the "noob" builds or entry builds as I can see people develope and give some criticism without elitism. I dont know I guess im weird but just my 2 cents like rght now theres a few wall builds up but im looking at the hifonics subwoofer build :D

I can dig that... I always think about the law of diminishing returns when it comes to putting money in your system. I have always said that you get the most bass performqnce per dollar under the 800-1000 doller mark. Then, you have the electricl costs and the subs that just soak up all your power.

04 Monochrome LT Chevy Tahoe

-A few wires, half a speaker, some watts

-All Black 6's

-Paint to Match, SS Bumper, Black grills.

-HID'ed and LED'ed

-A few performance enhancers

I have two nice subs for sale, but I am not allowed to help my fellow forum members by offering it to them for a nice price via my signature, sorry

It is off topic so if it needs to be moved so be it. and yeah i agree once you hit say 140db+ from there its not as gratifying. In my opinion atleast, the first time i bumped my 18 it was like WOAH now its MEH

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

The once you hit 140 its no longer gratifying means you've never broke a 150 maybe a 145. You can do a 140 with a single ten ana daily tunes box. To do a 150 is a he'll of alot harder

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Oh you mean the Hifonics build with the prefab box? Comon now, pick a better example :P

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Prefab box? I don't know what you're talking about? The hifonics one I saw was two of them in a custom built box I believe? or was the a prefab? Looked custom to me. I can see how a 150+ is gratifying but the cost and work to get there almost makes it not as gratifying... When you start out with a single 10" off crappy power in a prefab and work your way to 145+ in 1 upgrade or even two from the knowledge you've gained it just seems more gratifying ive had 6 different builds and so far im the least happy with my 18" and the BEST build ive done so far. It just seems so bland and normal now in comparison. I like when people can make two xplods as loud as two DC's just cause of their install I dont know theres a ton of variables but Merk said it best, just more companies in mid/entry level offer more, once you're into $400 subwoofers the options seem to drop and everyone has the same thing.

and im talking about build logs , not just overall the end result... I like to see a newbie come on here gain knowledge from us and build then more often than not the shit wangs in the end and they're so happy it just seems awesome compared to OH another DC wall or oh another SMD doing 10,000rms its cool but I dont know it just doesnt pull me in like it did, of course when I first got to this site with my two 15" kickers I was wowed by that stuff ubt now that I have 147+ db's off a singe 18" it doesnt excite me anymore. and it excites me even less cause now when I get in my friends cars I dont even enjoy the bass unless its ripping my ears off.

Edited by Sammitch0

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

I feel like its more rewarding and competitive to do the most with the least.Its always fun to get someone with a "expensive setup" ( kicker,Fosgate ,ect) and let them hear your xplodes in a custom box that you researched and perfected. I have been told several times when I had my t-line Sonys that I was louder than guys with 2 and 3 12s in prefabbed boxes. Thats what draws me into the audio scene the most. The brands i work with are the most readily available to purchase. so people just getting into the scene can know whats possible and not have to break the bank.

hopeful noob