guimond47 Posted January 10, 2011 Report Posted January 10, 2011 hey, will a hifonics hfi2500D have the power to push 3 Alpine type R's 12 really good at 1.3 ohm? they are 1 ohm stable amps at 2500rms . let me know cuz they are a lil over rated i suppose... Orion 2500D , 2-10" alpine type X. Custom enclosure,Alpine amp for mids and highs.Working on a center channel ATM
TeamHT Posted January 10, 2011 Report Posted January 10, 2011 Nope. I would get the AQ2200 and. What's your electrical like? Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
TeamHT Posted January 10, 2011 Report Posted January 10, 2011 I'm assuming they're D2? Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
bdog Posted January 10, 2011 Report Posted January 10, 2011 yes it would trash 3 type r 12" that amp will do 2200 rms ur subs are rated for 600 each right? do the math should be tight and i agree with above the aq 2200 is a much better amp and will last half of the hifonics amp have problems it seems. REP
Autruche Posted January 10, 2011 Report Posted January 10, 2011 Hifonics says that amp should get a 250 amp external fuse, but the maximum input gauge for the power wire is 4 gauge. I hope that speaks enough for that amp. You should avoid the HFI line from Hifonics at all costs, their other lines are good, but not the HFI line. I also have to say that the AQ 2200 would be a good choice, and it isn't much more than the Hifonics you were looking at. Hell, I'd recommend Audiopipe or Power Acoustik before anything in the HFI lineup, but that might just be me. Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!My Saab 9000 build1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spdPioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE AudioJust Say No To Rear SpeakersJust Say No To CCA WireReal Men Drive StickHit me up on Facebook, if you want
guimond47 Posted January 10, 2011 Author Report Posted January 10, 2011 okay thanks guys and where do u buy AQ 2200? my type R's are the older ones at 500Watt rms. will the AQ2200 have enough rms power at 1.3 ohm to push 3 type R's at 1800watts . i wanna over power them to even 1900 if i can..... Orion 2500D , 2-10" alpine type X. Custom enclosure,Alpine amp for mids and highs.Working on a center channel ATM
__d_a_v_i_d__ Posted January 10, 2011 Report Posted January 10, 2011 I vote for hifonics Brutus 2600 . It does rated . And you can find it on craiglist for 200-300. Chevy Impala Shocker Sigs / TC Sounds 12s Sundown NS-1 | SAX 100.4 Sundown Neos | Dayton Audio Neos ETCCC ETCCC ETCCC My YouTube ---- Subcribe!!
Brandon15zzz Posted January 10, 2011 Report Posted January 10, 2011 Hifonics says that amp should get a 250 amp external fuse, but the maximum input gauge for the power wire is 4 gauge. I hope that speaks enough for that amp. You should avoid the HFI line from Hifonics at all costs, their other lines are good, but not the HFI line. I also have to say that the AQ 2200 would be a good choice, and it isn't much more than the Hifonics you were looking at. Hell, I'd recommend Audiopipe or Power Acoustik before anything in the HFI lineup, but that might just be me. it will accept 0 gauge. I have a hfi2000 that i got for super cheap from a friend and it will fit 0 gauge. Vehicle: 1995 Impala SSHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P4400BHMids And Highs: (still deciding)Batteries: 1 Deka Group 34 Time to make a race car.My Build Log: Solo X 12"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build/My Build Log: DC lvl 4 xl 15"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build-My Wall Build Log: 4 Lanzar 15's/ 3k+ RMShttp://www.stevemead...t-by-techforce/My Feedback:http://www.stevemead...1
xXxOuTLaWxXx Posted January 10, 2011 Report Posted January 10, 2011 I have an HFI2000 in one of my vehicles at .5 ohms and I know it does better than 2K. I have a Powermaster 200A alt and a group 34/78 and my lights still blink with the bass "i'd rather die like a man than live like a coward" quoted from Tupac
__d_a_v_i_d__ Posted January 10, 2011 Report Posted January 10, 2011 Just cuss your lights dim with the bass doesn't mean you are seeing the the rated 2k rms . People have clamped test the hifi 2500 and it did 1k-1400 rms at 1 ohm 14v. Now, the Brutus line have been clamped to do rated, not the hifi line sorry . Unless you clamped it outlaw I won't believe it does 2krms. But if ur happy that's all that matters Chevy Impala Shocker Sigs / TC Sounds 12s Sundown NS-1 | SAX 100.4 Sundown Neos | Dayton Audio Neos ETCCC ETCCC ETCCC My YouTube ---- Subcribe!!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.