Sundown Audio

Line driver needed for 1500D?

Regardless of what your boss might think the SAZ-1500D is a proven amp - worldwide... the v.1 was sold for four years and has done VERY well. The v.2 is a further improvement on that.

If you can get photos of all connections and setting that would be helpful as I mentioned before.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

SAZ1500D is a sweet amp. im guessing the SSF is wrong or something else is wrong, how is the ground? you said the other amp hooked up was only 500 watts? the SA1500 is a bit more, might not be a likely prob but if you dont trust your boss man then id double check that ground too.

Can I punch your boss in the face? I mean really just because that amp isn't from his shop he don't like it so its a POS?

This is why we users around here always say YOU buy the stuff and YOU install it. We all know how shops can be.

And I agree with the other few that said take pictures of the amp and the knobs.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

you work at a shop and you dont know basic troubleshooting 101? SMDH

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

The reason why I'm on here asking is cuz all my boss would say is "I told you that POS amp didn't have any power". I don't set the amps or tune the system, all I do is the wiring/door speakers and he does tha rest. I don't usually ever set the gains on the amp so I was asking. This is just my pt time job guys, I work full time at the fire dept so I'm no expert. Sorry if it came off sounding that way.

So I'll ask cuz I don't know, what is the SSF?

So then how do you know your boss didnt set your amp settings wrong, to try and prove the amp wrong and say TOLD YOU SO?

Subsonic filter is a filter that eliminates the low notes comming out of the amp. If you turn this all the way to clockwise, there will be no bass below 60hz.

For testing purposes do these things.

Turn all your dials counterclock wise (to the left) on the amplifier.

For your GAIN, turn it clockwise, about 1/4th the way up.

For your SUBSONIC turn it clockwise, about 1/3 the way up.

For your LPF turn it clocwise, about 1/2 the way up.

For your BASSBOOST, leave it turned all the way down at 0 which is counter clockwise. Bassboost is not needed.

For your PHASE, leave it turned all the way down at 0, again this is also not needed unless you are using multiple woofers with multiple woofer amps.

With these settings your amp should make some serious banging with a 5volt output on your eclipse headunit.

By no means are these the perfect settings, but they should be close to what you need with a few minor tweeks here and there!

I wouldn't doubt that he would do that cuz he was all pissy when I got the amp cuz it wasn't sumthin he liked. I'll set all the settings like you suggested and go from there. Thanks!

What equipment do yall carry at the shop you work at??? Sadly I wouldnt doubt what others say about Bossman setting the amp like that, especially if he would of wanted you to buy an emp from the shop

We carry Focal, Image Dynamics, Hertz, Dynaudio, CDT, RF, Audison, Audio systems, Orion, Hypnotic, Butler, Steg, and a few others, can't remember all of em right now. It's a bunch, way to many if you ask me!

An yes I'm pretty sure tha boss would do something like that cuz he has to have the say on what goes in everybodies system. Which he's usually right and every system turns out great but I wanted a different brand so we'll see if I can't get this thing sounding right.

Try the things we've told you or put up some pics, we're trying to help you man.

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

So I set all the settings to how everyone said and yes the SSF was all the way up and the IDQs are moving but still not right. Soooo I took them out and put my orion XTR pros in an WOW! I built tha box just like it said to but I guess the IDQs didn't like it (or the amp) and the XTRs fit in the same basic box and they slam! It's the hardest hitting dodge under seat box we've built and the gains are set a lil above 1/4!

Oh and the boss man ate his words! LOL!

Thanks for the replys guys, I knew this thing had power!

Edited by devilman

So I set all the settings to how everyone said and yes the SSF was all the way up and the IDQs are moving but still not right. Soooo I took them out and put my orion XTR pros in an WOW! I built tha box just like it said to but I guess the IDQs didn't like it (or the amp) and the XTRs fit in the same basic box and they slam! It's the hardest hitting dodge under seat box we've built and the gains are set a lil above 1/4!

why was the subsonic all the way up? thats not right. if your box is ported, put it around where the box is tuned, preferably a little lower than the box is tuned to. if its sealed, put it at like 25hz. and btw, gain position means absolutely nothing with volume.

why was the subsonic all the way up? thats not right. if your box is ported, put it around where the box is tuned, preferably a little lower than the box is tuned to. if its sealed, put it at like 25hz. and btw, gain position means absolutely nothing with volume.

Sorry guess I should have clarified, The SSF was turned all the way up ( by the sundown hater) and I turned it down to where it should be

I don't set the amps on our systems, my boss thinks he's tha only 1 that can do it right. I have a very basic knowledge on how/where the settings are spost to be but idk everything. And I appreciate all the help that has been given by yall. I know I should know more about the settings but I've only been "allowed" to do the wiring and installing all the speakers and amps. Basically I do everything and my boss builds the box and does all the tuning.

Edited by devilman