well I'm working on a 95 dime and I've been gutting the interior since it needs to be replaced...I really want to glass the dash but I don't really know what I should do...should I use the stock dash and just glass over it or is there a better way? I don't know how I would be able to make one from scratch or I would...

most people just use a skeleton method then stretch the fleece over it. theres a couple fiberglass dash builds on here

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

you could use the dash as your mold then modify it how you want.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

most people just use a skeleton method then stretch the fleece over it. theres a couple fiberglass dash builds on here

is there? i'll try and find some...If they do skeletons I need to get an idea on how to do that...

its kinda a pita. You have to consider how to mount all your gauges, spedometer, ac vents, etc and take that into consideration when you do it. Going to spend a lot of money in fiberglass, resin, materials, wood. Why not just look for a junkyard near you? Im sure they might have a better conditioned dash that you can touch up with fiberglass, then re-wrap it with whatever you want. Just saying, someone with no glassing experience (just assuming) probably wont make the best dash. Hell, i get scared thinking about door pods lol.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

There are more on here but off the top of my head Trippi's hummer's dash is built in that manor

Trippi's Hummer 6 18" smd hummer build pg2

6 18" SMDs hummer build pg3

the pix are small but that should give you the idea of what baaudio was talking bout

his build is epic :yahoo:

Edited by JaydubYa69

34343.png

"Gettin dirty looks from those other Ricey crews"

• 1 year later...

well I'm working on a 95 dime and I've been gutting the interior since it needs to be replaced...I really want to glass the dash but I don't really know what I should do...should I use the stock dash and just glass over it or is there a better way? I don't know how I would be able to make one from scratch or I would...

ive seen a skeleton dash made from small gage wire welded together to form what you want it to look like then fleece/glass over it

4 JL10W3

8 JLC2 6"

8 JLC2 6.50" components

1000 Watt JLJ2 classD amp 1 ohm

700.5 JL XD amp