Second Skin Audio

enclosure thickness

LsChevy

hell i might as well go buy 2 sheets of 1" mdf and spend less than 100 bucks...

Indeed. What are you going to be running that needs 2" thick walls?

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

my box is 6" gridded 1 X 2 tube steel, welded to the car with 4 laminated layers of >.70 Baltic Birch.My baffle is 9 laminated layers of .7 birch and tube steel encapsulated and bolted. the back wall is 15 layers thick and two layers of steel. Over kill???? I dont think so.....there is no such thing as overkill when you are talking the presures that come from sound, and when you add power to the equasion..... not 1kw but 25+kw the presure is massive.......but if you want to run single mdf, and brace then go ahead...............weak sauce!!!!!

Not everyone runs 25kw.

That's what I'm talking about not over kill. done right! I have built home cabinets for 5.25 and tweeter out of 1 inch. Just perfect not overkill

i think 3/4 with bracing will be just fine , the only reason i use 1" is if a have a big span that i can not brace , the mdf is only half the box , the bracing is key , use some 45,s in the corners and you should be fine

:No::noob::orly3::lol::rofl:

well.. you started off good.. then threw in some :bull:

im trying to figure out what crap i through in , bracing ?

CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE PAGE

http://www.youtube.com/user/motoxxx211?feature=mhee

[/size]

i think 3/4 with bracing will be just fine , the only reason i use 1" is if a have a big span that i can not brace , the mdf is only half the box , the bracing is key , use some 45,s in the corners and you should be fine

:No::noob::orly3::lol::rofl:

well.. you started off good.. then threw in some :bull:

im trying to figure out what crap i through in , bracing ?

you quoted him...and still spelled 'threw' wrong?

sorry, pet peeve :peepwall:

Moto, he bolded the statement for you....bracing is key...throw in some 45s?!?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

ok so what you are saying is that bracing in not importing ? if thats what you are saying , i need to disagree , for me and the 500 boxes i have build , bracing is always a major issue , i really hate when boxes flex, but boxes designs are like girls , i like the hot thin ones , and some of you like the fat ugly ones , but to each there own,

[/size]

....:facepalm:....lacking comprehension lacks comprehension.

Please tell me what your 45s do...let alone what are they designed to accomplish.

....:facepalm:....lacking comprehension lacks comprehension.

Please tell me what your 45s do...let alone what are they designed to accomplish.

first of all i really hope that facepalm doesn't mean you want to slap me , second you should retake you geometry class from high school and take note on the strength of triangles , LET ME MAKE THIS VERY CLEAR TO YOU , there are many many ways to build boxes , every box builder has there own way , it may be your OPINION that 45,s don't work or you may not like them , but its just that YOUR OPINION, if you can show me your "IM THE BEST SPEAKER BOX BUILDER IN THE WORLD "certificate , then ok until then let people share what has worked for them,

[/size]

LOL, ill respond later to the simpleness here but I have to point out...reread your last statement and then please follow your own advice. And please stop projecting your insecurity. No one has made any mention to your boxes built or made mention of this mythical certificate you now seem to have a hardon for.

The half inch and 2x4 deal sounds like allot of work. The thicker the better! Double 1 inch 45 corners lots of wood glue 2 inch brad nails

double 1" are you kidding dude as stated before 3/4 is plenty if your worried about flex use resin and brace it anything over 3/4 is overkill

my box will be 2'' walls and 2.5'' baffle :shrug:

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Archived