Second Skin Audio

enclosure thickness

LsChevy

LOL, ill respond later to the simpleness here but I have to point out...reread your last statement and then please follow your own advice. And please stop projecting your insecurity. No one has made any mention to your boxes built or made mention of this mythical certificate you now seem to have a hardon for.

wow your too much, , have fun in life ....

CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE PAGE

http://www.youtube.com/user/motoxxx211?feature=mhee

[/size]

....:facepalm:....lacking comprehension lacks comprehension.

Please tell me what your 45s do...let alone what are they designed to accomplish.

first of all i really hope that facepalm doesn't mean you want to slap me , second you should retake you geometry class from high school and take note on the strength of triangles , LET ME MAKE THIS VERY CLEAR TO YOU , there are many many ways to build boxes , every box builder has there own way , it may be your OPINION that 45,s don't work or you may not like them , but its just that YOUR OPINION, if you can show me your "IM THE BEST SPEAKER BOX BUILDER IN THE WORLD "certificate , then ok until then let people share what has worked for them,

why dont you make a post with your boxes in it? Surely if youve built as many as you say you have you'll have pictures.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

thats not the point i was making , i was stating that there are many different ways to build boxes , not just one way, this topic was about box strength , so i was giving some advice that has worked for me , if you dont like it thats fine there are some people that like 45,s , as far as the pics go ... how many do you want lol .....

CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE PAGE

http://www.youtube.com/user/motoxxx211?feature=mhee

[/size]

Please tell me how in the world 45s are bracing? And don't bring up geometry, because you need to hit the text book first. Utilizing 45s do not create a triangle, they create an A which does not provided the strength of a triangular closed shape. You are the one who does not seem to understand anything being said here Moto.

No one has said bracing isn't important, and no, no one said 45s are useless. What I'm saying is 45s are NOT bracing, and if you still believe so feel free to educate me on vibration and resonance and what exactly your 45s are doing to "brace" the enclosure.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

what exactly your 45s are doing to "brace" the enclosure.

They cut down on the size of the free-spanning pieces of wood, meaning less unbraced surface area.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

They cut down on the size of the free-spanning pieces of wood.

yes by how much though is the question. I dont know about you but if im doing a 45 i want it to be as low profile as possible so to not add that volume back to the size of the box.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

They cut down on the size of the free-spanning pieces of wood, meaning less unbraced surface area.

This is true...but is not bracing the enclosure. Cutting down free surface area helps but doesn't brace. Not in my book. And not why I would even be using 45s.

must be doin some huge 45 corners..

I hate 45's..

they suck

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

That depends on your install. There is no one thing in ANYTHING that is 100% applicable for every single situation. But the topic was in regards to more...average daily installs.

just looked through quick but most the time 45's don't do anything. some times you can gain if you get them in the right spot/size but most of the time nothing

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Archived