micah_jones Posted January 24, 2011 Report Posted January 24, 2011 I would be looking for a new job, dude, if you dont like it and it doesnt pay enough for you. I mean, right now I am working shit hours at my job(16-24 hours a week.) but I LOVE my job and I would NEVER quit it. If you dont like it though man I would get looking for something new. I can still manage to pay the bills on 16 hours though so that always helps... Black 2008.5 Mazda 3s Touring 5 Speed Hatchback Tinted tails/turn indicators, blacked out emblems, partially debadged, 20% tint all around, Big 3 in Knu KLMX 1/0, LED footwells/interior lights DECK: Kenwood DDX-512 double DIN touchscreen with backup camera FRONT STAGE: Stock for now, yippy (Looking for something nice...) FRONT STAGE AMP: Looking for something nice... SUB: 15 inch DC level 4 with level 5 coil upgrade, red dustcap SUB AMP: Audiopipe AP15001D at 1 ohm WIRING: All Knukoncepts Kolossus/KCA wire LEGAL TERMLAB SCORE: 135.8db at 42hz(pathetic, I know. I need a battery in the back, dropping to 11.9v isnt cutting it.....) I haz teh Term-Lab. PM me if you are close and want to get metered.
Parentnoia Posted January 24, 2011 Report Posted January 24, 2011 I've thought of leaving this place, I was asked today by the same person who said that they love me (as a co-worker)if I was tired of this place. I told her that I know there are better places to work, problem is they aren't hiring. I've been looking and all I see is crap like I'm in now or they want someone with experience in areas I know nothing about. I was going to go to school to do something I love which is working on cars, but since I lost my license thats on hold. I may go to school for something to do with computers since thats another thing I'm into. I know Panera is not the best place to work, but I've worked for worse places. I've tried getting a job at best buy a few times. Some reason I never hear a word. I don't know what I'm going to do yet. For sure change will happen, its just a matter of time. I've made changes based on a quick thought before and its come back to bite me in the ass. So now I think it through before I do something big, or I get opinions from great people like ya'll. X2 1999 GMC Suburban SLTNo system planned just yet. Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.
Parentnoia Posted January 24, 2011 Report Posted January 24, 2011 I would be looking for a new job, dude, if you dont like it and it doesnt pay enough for you. I mean, right now I am working shit hours at my job(16-24 hours a week.) but I LOVE my job and I would NEVER quit it. If you dont like it though man I would get looking for something new. I can still manage to pay the bills on 16 hours though so that always helps... I would be glad to get even half as many hours as you. I'd flat out quit my job, but I've busted ass to get to the pay I make. 1999 GMC Suburban SLTNo system planned just yet. Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.
bumpinTL364 Posted January 24, 2011 Report Posted January 24, 2011 this is slightly different, but still relevant. The last year of high school for me was awful, I had ADD but hadn't yet been diagnosed with it. My parents, teachers, everyone thought I was just slacking off when I was honestly working harder than I every had to in my career as a student. It's also happened to me a number of times in group projects, and I see what you see at work at my school as well. People like people who suck up to them and want to know what they can do for a person (kinda like UPS's, "What can brown do for you?" if you catch my drift) but people that do their own thing and get shit done on their own just aren't noticed because they seem like they're in the background. After a little while of good work, people just assume you're going to take a project and come back in a few days or weeks with a great finished project. When a teacher or boss is always asked questions and shit, they get more impressed because they don't expect them to get anything done. In short, when quality is expected, it becomes a standard. But when crap is expected, average-quality work seems like a miracle. It's all in relativity I suppose, but that's enough from me... masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say itsorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended) LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room. New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods
finkster Posted January 24, 2011 Report Posted January 24, 2011 Sometimes it's not what you know but who you know. My best friend is illiterate, and not very smart per say but just got a job through his dad for the federal government making bank at 21. Sometimes it's worth it to socialize with people you have never met and just be friendly. People like helping other people. You will have a better chance of finding something with the more people you know. Combine this with hard work and watch the money pile up. I'm a bar back right now on the weekends. I work twice as hard as the bartenders and stay there later than the bartenders closing and only make 20 percent of their tips....without getting paid by the hour. My manager sees me busting my ass and says I will be replacing the first bartender that leaves. Sometimes patience is worth it. DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active Eclipse cd7000 I serve drunks for a living
Hugh G. Rection Posted January 24, 2011 Report Posted January 24, 2011 its hard to make in the world today, unless your a leech. the government blows so much smoke our ass about money........ Owner of BigAss Ports
PlugItIn Posted January 24, 2011 Report Posted January 24, 2011 i agree... i work my ass off. I go to school full time (18 credits) and i work 24 hours a week. It sucks.
Hugh G. Rection Posted January 24, 2011 Report Posted January 24, 2011 i agree... i work my ass off. I go to school full time (18 credits) and i work 24 hours a week. It sucks. i work 75-90 hours every week...... i pay over $500 per week in income taxes. i pay more in taxes than some people make. and you know what... every year at tax time i get a bill from the IRS for MORE money!!!!!!! it sucks being a motivated and hardworing person in america. being a welfare leech is where its at! Owner of BigAss Ports
Hotdog Posted January 24, 2011 Report Posted January 24, 2011 i agree... i work my ass off. I go to school full time (18 credits) and i work 24 hours a week. It sucks. i work 75-90 hours every week...... i pay over $500 per week in income taxes. i pay more in taxes than some people make. and you know what... every year at tax time i get a bill from the IRS for MORE money!!!!!!! it sucks being a motivated and hardworing person in america. being a welfare leech is where its at! I tend to agree with this statement.. Especially when you bust you ass all week then go to the grocery store and you see someone on welfare eating like a king with two shopping cart piled up over the edge's. Then to top it off the state give's them so much money for food that they cant use it all so they sell the money on there Link cards to get cash. If the place you are working for tends to favor the piece of crap workers then just use that job as a stepping stone to another job. (NEW) 2004 F-150 Build Log -->http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192208-hotdogs-f-150-build-log/ 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Build Log --> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114380-hotdogs-2003-mountaineer-build-log-20-removed/page__gopid__1602379#entry1602379 2008 Equinox Build Log --> http://www.stevemead...g/#entry1475764
hershy314 Posted January 24, 2011 Author Report Posted January 24, 2011 I've been looking for something else for a while now, but the job market is kinda crappy these days. Most of what I have found has been jobs simular to what I got now. So why go from one shit hole to another? Current job pays the bills, just barely. http://athphotography.deviantart.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/hershy314
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.