Second Skin Audio

which sub has higher sq?

SQ is totally subjective. it's not something you can measure on paper. you have to hear it for yourself. Anyway, it's not as important with a sub as it is with a mid or tweeter...what you need to look for is a sub that will play LOW low..like 14Hz low...and you're going to have trouble finding a sub like that in your price range.

SQ isn't subjective, the interrupting is subjective.

That's two different things.

it's completely subjective. I know what I like, but you may hate the way a non-pressed slurried paper cone sounds. you may prefer a poly cone or an aluminum cone. you may hate the way an infinite baffle setup sounds. you may hate an aperiodic enclosure. I hate ported enclosures...hate them. but that may be what you like, and the tonality is what you want. that's totally subjective. the only objective part is "does this sub play this range of frequencies?" that's it. everything else is all subjective

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

Original post or poster

And I'd go with a dc 8 or sundown 8

the p2 will have better sq than the Sundownn and never heard the dc but if anything like their other subs going to be hard to blend correctly

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Original post or poster

And I'd go with a dc 8 or sundown 8

the p2 will have better sq than the Sundownn and never heard the dc but if anything like their other subs going to be hard to blend correctly

I haven't heard RF or Sundown, but I have heard the DC.

I don't consider DC, SQ subs as the most part.

But I don't see how you can say one will be better than the others, when I doubt you have actually heard them all.

Of the ones listed, other then the ID which is vastly better, I would rate them like this;

1-Infinity

2-RE/RF

the punch2s are not horrible..the p1s just suck, and the p3s sound like shit, but some how the p2s are acually a decent sub

Good, I thought it was just me!

I was with some friends the other day and they were hooking up a P3 15 in a prefab ported box, with a "Xplore 2000w" amp LOL....it was loud (in a tahoe) and was hitting hard but in my head I was like "man, why does is sound so damn shitty" LOL

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Sup guise, did someone say SQ? :peepwall:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=295-344

295-344_s.jpg

0.25ft^3 @ 108 hz

BUT if its for a SQ midwoofer, there is no other.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-833

264-833_s.jpg

0.18ft^3 @ 56 hz

/thread

Edited by BanginOnABudget

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!