USPS screwed up one of my subs...

Glad to see the mods (mainly N8) stepping up to facilitate a resolution here. Yeah it sucks the magnet has a small chip in it, but like previously said, it will NOT affect performance and as for the loose terminal, either get a replacement one (they are cheap) or glue it n forget about it. I understand where the seller is coming from, but if you're THAT picky about your stuff, you should buy it from a authorized dealer. Honestly you got a STEAL of a deal on those subs, I would chock it up n deal with it bro. I hope that you guys can work this out, as you both are good people and assets to this community.

1989 Chevy Caprice Classic
350ci V8 High Performance

JVC Arsenal HU

JL XR series components

Infinity Reference 6x9s

Pioneer Premier 4-Channel

Clarion 2-Channel

Rockford Fosgate Series 1 2-Channel

Fusion 2000.1D

MTX Crossover

RF, Knu, Kicker, and Monster wiring

NVX VCW 12in. Sub **Won on here from the Sonic contest!**

*Build log coming soon!*

Starting all over pretty much which the gear listed...lost almost everything I had, including my life. Never take life and what's in it for granted.

pt1.png

pt2.png

he knew the deal about buy 4 and just pay the shipping on the 5th one from the start.

and from what he told me that if the sub was in the box upside down that it would have messed the face of the sub up a lot worse. see pic

K. Well my main concern is that the motor that has chips shouldn't. Based off the way it was pkg'ed and that the same way FI shipped them.

this.jpg

In the green circle it was taped up into a square and had the foam that is under the motors on the bottom to protect them and it covers most if not all of the motor. He complains about it but hasn't posted any pics. IMHO that would have been one of the pics.

[as the picture shows there was protection around the motor, but when i recevied the package (as i already told you on the phone) the motor protection housing (or what ever you want to call it) was deystroyed.

As for the insurance he didn't pay for it nor did I offer it. Insurance thru USPS is extra. I have never had a problem shipping anything thru USPS.

as many have said it was not my resposibilty to do it... almost all except for you put it on there so THEY do not lose money

As for hanging up on him I told him I had to take this call from my brother. For 2 reasons! He just had his appendix removed and plus he's the mediator between me and my ex wife. And I am currently dealing with getting her to sign papers so I can get passports for my kids.

as already stated i fixed that post and its okay... so drop it

your crying because i didnt put up pics of the magnet... observe wise ones. these are the best pics i have.

i dont have a legit camera so i have to use my phone. i dont have good lighting so i have to use a flash. (these where taken last night) i tried taking better ones outside today. no such luck.

(You complained about the magnet from the start but yet it took you several days to get the pics up and from what I can tell that camera you took the first pics with is nice and was able to pick up a lot of detail, AND AND you had plenty of light. yet you didnt have the sense to take a pic of the magnet.)

yes i did take a day to get it up... and it was my iphone cammera, not that great of cammeras if you ask me. i did not have very good lighting at all, it looks like it in the picture but my flash is always on, for my iphone. i dont see why your bringing this up as there are pictures of the chip

here ya go

7424e547.jpg

ab4aedc8.jpg

ccaf0ae0.jpg

ive been talking all day with him. what he is proposing is that he was going to sell me 4 subs for 450 and then give me the 5th one for free. what i see it as, is that i bought every single sub for 90 each. but he thinks that i shouldnt have to pay to fix this one. but im "special" enough for him to give me 90 for the sub but i have to spend 20 on shipping to get it to him.

he says its partially my fault for not putting insurance on the package and is now saying that im lying and the subs isnt even broke because i didnt put pics up. hes also said that he has been talking to other mods and that they will advise him what to do.

(never said you were lying just said pic's or it didn't happen.)

which is impling that im lying... duhh

i asked him to give me 90 and i would bite my lip and pay the rest to get this thing fixed. he said no. does that seem unfair or am i just crazy? I never no I said lets figure this out. and you were telling me last night that you were putting 6 of them in your trailblazer but from your text you were considering only getting four because of space.

why does it matter? i was concered about space because i wanted my back row of seats in. but then i relized its not going to happen so im going to do 6 10"s people do change there mind buddy

when I made the offer for the boot around the magnet you were making fun of that idea. someone else says it and your like hmm maybe.

yea i did make fun of the idea because you offered to do one, and you offered to customize one to make it fit of a different sub. i dont want a w7 boot over an fi sub....

i am getting very pissed off and just want this issue taken care of. the seller is not doing a good job of helping the buyer get what he wants....

Final note. Before you start dogging people and letting them try and get a handle on the situation don't go off and make that person out to be an ass. As I see it you tried to get a low price on the 5 subs and I did give you that and ate the cost of it. And then you were like how much for just four of them. I think this is your way of getting that discount you wanted and since I didn't go down on the price by $90.

As for the insurance you should have requested it and paid for it.

i shouldnt have to request it. its not my responsibilty to do that... its yours as a seller to save your ass if anything happens. just like many other people have posted here, im not the only one that thinks this.

final note... im 15 and i work a part time job at my dads pharmacy. i make anywhere from 30-200 dollars a month. money does not come around easy for me and this was a big purchase for me. i wanted 5 bnib fi x 10"s that i could invert in my trailblazer... i now cannot do that

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

i know a chip is a chip, it sucks regardless. but how big is that actual chip? i mean the pic looks super up close making it look much larger. just curious

i have no clue ill measure it once i get out of school

Glad to see the mods (mainly N8) stepping up to facilitate a resolution here. Yeah it sucks the magnet has a small chip in it, but like previously said, it will NOT affect performance and as for the loose terminal, either get a replacement one (they are cheap) or glue it n forget about it. I understand where the seller is coming from, but if you're THAT picky about your stuff, you should buy it from a authorized dealer. Honestly you got a STEAL of a deal on those subs, I would chock it up n deal with it bro. I hope that you guys can work this out, as you both are good people and assets to this community.

as stated before im not worried about the lose terminal im just trying to document everything possible...i know it wont affect the perfeormance. thanks for saying it for the 14th time.

steal on these subs? he got them for $69 a peice lol

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

No I didn't get them for that price. I traded my level 3 dc 10" subs for them. And if I had know u were 15. I wouldn't have sold them to you. And I was making a statement about the rubber boot. Dc doesn't have anything on theirs they are blank. Since it was a free sub and u paid just for the shipping I will refund just the shipping and u keep the sub.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

You are a lucky, yet cheap ass perfectionist and those traits don't go together. You got a deal and a half and NOTHING WAS DAMAGED. Not really anyway, a smashed basket is a problem but a magnet chip? Come on? You got lucky, and with the amount you paid, you have no reason to complain. Thats how I see it, I would be furious if I was the seller. As far as I'm concerned, the OP should be the recipient of negative feedback. Karmas a bitch, expect your next package to show up like REaudioBuff's AA 500.1 amp and then you'll really have problems. Get over it!

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

both parties happy?

You would need to replace the motor. but the issue is just cosmetic. I might post the pic of one of my DDs.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

All this issue has been resolved and both buyer and seller are satisfied with the end result. thank you for shopping SMD selling forums.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived