well the economy isnt great but this tax season has been crazy busy not really cuz of sales but cuz of installs. seems like im installing more kicker product thats bought on the net than anything else including some other random online packages.which i find to be a bonus cuz i dont have to worry about keeping the customer happy when there unsatisfied. they buy a badly built high tuned box and some dirty power amps all i can say is u should of spent ur money here. I also seem to be going out to the parking lot alot lately, to see why there setup dont work cuz a "car audio friend" installed it for them. I usually dont fix it but i just go out to find the problem. once i find the problem and tell them how much to fix they look at me and say ill have my friend do it. going out to see whats wrong is a giant waste of time. my boss says just go out see whats wrong for free in hope they come back to buy something which they never dont.

now the questions here is do u guys have alot of installs with product bought online?

how do u take care of the costumer when they are unhappy with there online purchased equipment?

do u guys go out and trouble shoot a problem, if u do, how much u charge just to see whats wrong.

the reason of this is cuz im going to start minimum trouble shooting charge of $20 cuz im tired of customers and stop installing really shitty packages that are bought from pepboys or autozone ect ect cuz all those things blow up and it ends up being my problem cuz "I installed it". Just wondering if ur area is different or the same. but every time ppl buy stuff of the net there really unhappy and it ends up bieng my problem.

05 Ford F150 Single Cab

Audio:

-Pioneer DEH-3200DVD

-Hertz Hi-energy 5x7 Front

-RE Audio 5x7 Rear

-DD 2512 in Custom 40 Hz Box

-Eclipse EA4100 High/Mid amp

-Eclipes XA1000 Sub amp

-Audison Connnection RCAs

-Random wire:Kicker,RF,Lightning Audio

As far as the trouble shooting you could charge 20 bucks to look at it and tell them if they choose to have you fix it the $20 will be applied to the cost of repairs. And the only thing I could recommend with the installing shitty pep boys gear is just let the customer know that you are qualified to install it but can't guarantee the quality of the product due to it being low end gear or something along those lines. It's tough to tell a customer their shit is no good but it covers your butt in the long run.

every shop should charge to troubleshoot...$20 is entirely reasonable.

anything bought on the internet and installed at your shop should be installed as is...meaning no product warranty. by all means warranty your work. If you build a box, warranty it. If you wire something wrong, warranty it. If the amp fries and you did everything right...not your problem, just be sure to state that up front, and put it ON THE RECEIPT.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

i was in a shop the other day and some retard was saying how it wasnt loud enough so he turned all the knobs up all the way and then got pissed when they wouldnt give him new subs

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

No to questions 1 and 2.....but yes on 3.....i don't charge if it's a quick fix....but otherwise.....20$ for troubleshooting...lol

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

thanks guys.

im kinda running out of options. money is tight so its hard to turn down a sale specially cuz we are a lil more expensive that the other 2 shops in our city(small city). they will go to the cheaper shops and get it done there.

05 Ford F150 Single Cab

Audio:

-Pioneer DEH-3200DVD

-Hertz Hi-energy 5x7 Front

-RE Audio 5x7 Rear

-DD 2512 in Custom 40 Hz Box

-Eclipse EA4100 High/Mid amp

-Eclipes XA1000 Sub amp

-Audison Connnection RCAs

-Random wire:Kicker,RF,Lightning Audio

Yes, in fact I suggest going online. I'm not an authorized dealer for any audio equipment, so when I get installs I find what the customer wants, his budget, then provide a way to put his dreams on paper.

It depends on the issue. If its mechanical, manufacturer, or technical defect, I make it right. But when its user error, fuck that. Learn the lesson sooner or later.

If its an easy quick fix, and I deem it alright, no charge. If not $40 an hour.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

we charge $25 troubleshooting. I like it when they buy some bullcrap somewhere else, then it doesn't sound good. I tell them that if they had taken the time to come talk with me, I would have given them advice on what to get, even if they didn't purchase it from us. Theyn I politely tell them it is a lesson learned.

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

When I worked at a shop, we charged for troubleshooting if they didn't purchase the product from us and have us install it. I did lots of wal-mart bought and online stuff and pawn shop stuff all the time, customer would come back a few weeks later and generally buy from us, the point I always made was to not make it a habit to tell them they were wrong in what they bought and should have bought from us, just recommend that they would be happier with X. Made more sales that way.

Edited by AMI CUSTOMS

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4